Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G__Deane wrote: View Post

    Jordan is on par with Dolan in New York, just get the itch to interfere and put his fingerprints all over it.

    Comment


    • I thought I heard a story about Batum having a grudge against Toronto because at some point...maybe the year of his draft...Raps doctors flagged him with some injury which he refuted. If I recall correctly it hurt his draft stock and since then he never wanted to play for the Raps. I'm happy about that to be honest. Could have been us saddled with his contract.

      Comment


      • Report: Pelicans sign Adams to 2-year, $35M extension. Funny I thought he was a few years older, I guess the big man is not dead in the NBA....

        The New Orleans Pelicans locked up Steven Adams for two more years just days after acquiring the center in the expanded Jrue Holiday trade.

        The Pels signed Adams to a fully-guaranteed two-year, $35-million extension, sources told ESPN's Zach Lowe.

        Adams, 27, is entering the final year of his current deal at $27.5 million.

        The New Zealander averaged 10.9 points and 9.3 rebounds in 2019-20, his seventh season with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

        Comment


        • Hotshot wrote: View Post

          Jordan is on par with Dolan in New York, just get the itch to interfere and put his fingerprints all over it.
          Knicks is still the most valued franchise though.
          Whatever stupidity Dolan does still works, and their teams's value is probably foremost in most owners' minds.
          Hornets is actually valued at 1.5 B,
          ahead of the Pistons ( a storied franchise) and almost as valued as the Cavs (!) who already has a championship?
          I cant imagine that, and still don't understand how this game works.
          Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Nov 24, 2020, 09:51 AM.

          Comment


          • I wonder if the Raptors work a trade for Davis? It feels like things are unfinished. Their wing position is really weak. If they package Davis with somebody and a pick or two, can they get a rotation guy?

            This from Hollinger: "Raptors: Alex Len is a Raptor on a one-year deal that is likely for the minimum. That, and yesterday’s addition of DeAndre Bembry on a two-year minimum deal with a non-guaranteed second year, puts Toronto at 15 contracts and would seem to preclude the return of Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

            However, it’s possible Toronto has another move left. The Raps are $4.4 million from the luxury tax line and still have their $3.6 million biannual exception. If needed, Toronto could waive non-guaranteed 2019 second-rounder Dewan Hernandez to generate an open roster spot."

            He's talking about free agency, and not saying they would do anything, but suggesting the possibility is there. If the Raptors decide they need a wing, a trade might be easier.

            Last edited by Puffer; Tue Nov 24, 2020, 10:24 AM.

            Comment


            • Puffer wrote: View Post
              I wonder if the Raptors work a trade for Davis? It feels like things are unfinished. Their wing position is really weak. If they package Davis with somebody and a pick or two, can they get a rotation guy?

              This from Hollinger: "Raptors: Alex Len is a Raptor on a one-year deal that is likely for the minimum. That, and yesterday’s addition of DeAndre Bembry on a two-year minimum deal with a non-guaranteed second year, puts Toronto at 15 contracts and would seem to preclude the return of Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

              However, it’s possible Toronto has another move left. The Raps are $4.4 million from the luxury tax line and still have their $3.6 million biannual exception. If needed, Toronto could waive non-guaranteed 2019 second-rounder Dewan Hernandez to generate an open roster spot."

              He's talking about free agency, and not saying they would do anything, but suggesting the possibility is there. If the Raptors decide they need a wing, a trade might be easier.
              Still a few too many guards. Something has to give or it will mid-season.

              Comment


              • I feel like "King" Ujiri in "The North" should collaborate to con some poor shmuck team (The Kings, hello?) in a similar manner only replace "pro bowl" with "all-star game" and replace "4th round pick" with "1st round pick":

                Comment


                • Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I wonder if the Raptors work a trade for Davis? It feels like things are unfinished. Their wing position is really weak. If they package Davis with somebody and a pick or two, can they get a rotation guy?

                  This from Hollinger: "Raptors: Alex Len is a Raptor on a one-year deal that is likely for the minimum. That, and yesterday’s addition of DeAndre Bembry on a two-year minimum deal with a non-guaranteed second year, puts Toronto at 15 contracts and would seem to preclude the return of Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

                  However, it’s possible Toronto has another move left. The Raps are $4.4 million from the luxury tax line and still have their $3.6 million biannual exception. If needed, Toronto could waive non-guaranteed 2019 second-rounder Dewan Hernandez to generate an open roster spot."

                  He's talking about free agency, and not saying they would do anything, but suggesting the possibility is there. If the Raptors decide they need a wing, a trade might be easier.
                  I thought Raps were without their bi-annual exception now as they used it last year on Stanley. And it is, as advertised, only bi-annual.

                  Comment


                  • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                    Still a few too many guards. Something has to give or it will mid-season.
                    Some SFs that maybe a good fit are:

                    Tony Snell - just got traded (expiring)
                    Finney-Smith - DAL (4M x 2 more yrs)
                    Miles Bridges - CHA (*team option next season)
                    Brandon Clarke - Memphis (*team option next season)

                    * - not sure if we would assume the team option.





                    Comment


                    • NO gave Steven Adams a 2 year, $35M extension. I am not sure I like the fit there with Zion. Both like the paint. But good for him.. especially when the market for bigs was about $10M/year.

                      Comment


                      • planetmars wrote: View Post
                        NO gave Steven Adams a 2 year, $35M extension. I am not sure I like the fit there with Zion. Both like the paint. But good for him.. especially when the market for bigs was about $10M/year.
                        With injury concerns around Zion, it's good that NO was able to get a quality player like Adams as insurance. And I guess the Adams contract will line up with Zion being offered a big extension in a couple of years.

                        One of Ingram, Zion or Adams will have to come off the bench though.

                        Comment


                        • planetmars wrote: View Post
                          NO gave Steven Adams a 2 year, $35M extension. I am not sure I like the fit there with Zion. Both like the paint. But good for him.. especially when the market for bigs was about $10M/year.
                          I love controversy...

                          So...
                          I think Zion Williamson is going to be OK.. but not at the level he has been hyped to be.
                          Still not in pro shape. A series of WFT injury setbacks.He has tinges of bust circling about him.


                          I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

                          Comment


                          • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

                            Knicks is still the most valued franchise though.
                            Whatever stupidity Dolan does still works, and their teams's value is probably foremost in most owners' minds.
                            Hornets is actually valued at 1.5 B,
                            ahead of the Pistons ( a storied franchise) and almost as valued as the Cavs (!) who already has a championship?
                            I cant imagine that, and still don't understand how this game works.
                            Location (high population) + market audience = revenue

                            The Knicks are like the Leafs.

                            You can put a team that plays like ass for decades in those markets & people will still come to see them.

                            Most other places can't afford doing this.

                            Comment


                            • Yeah, we don't have the BAE this year.

                              I suspect any move to add salary is with the minimum. And the question will be: do they cut guys to make room for that (guaranteed or otherwise), or try to find trades? If they don't want TD I'm sure they'll look for trades. The obvious first cut after him (if they go that way) is Johnson.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • Such a shame that we used the BAE on Johnson last year, instead of saving it for this year. We're not going to use it next year either most likely since we'll most likely be using our cap space.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X