Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post

    Maybe.. or Bam just wanted the extension and didn't want to wait. Or Giannis doesn't want to go to Miami, and told his agent that, but is keeping his options open to Toronto/Dallas. Still several possibilities.

    I'm sticking to optimism for now
    He can sign and still request for a trade if the Bucks didn't go far again next season.

    Seriously, why focus on Giannis?
    Heat and Dallas are more likely to land him if he wants to win multiple chips.
    We have access in Kawhi now in Serge. Lol
    I'm sure he can bring the Klaw back to where he truly belongs.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Nov 24, 2020, 03:22 PM.

    Comment


    • If the accounts are true, we can't keep TD... Masai can trade him, but I'm sure most teams wouldn't give anything up because they know we are going to cut him.

      Comment


      • chris wrote: View Post

        that's how i would interpret this. if they're extending bam then they have some inside knowledge of giannis' intentions.

        in which case we should extend OG before this season. if we can get him for less than fred that'll be a win when the extension kicks in.
        I wouldn't read that much into it. If Giannis wants to go to Miami the Heat will find a way to bring him in. This doesn't preclude Giannis going to Miami, let alone anywhere else.

        Comment


        • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

          He can sign and still request for a trade if the Bucks didn't go far again next season.

          Seriously, why focus on Giannis?
          Heat and Dallas are more likely to land him if he wants to win multiple chips.
          We have access in Kawhi now in Serge. Lol
          I'm sure he can bring the Klaw back to where he truly belongs.
          You think Kawhi wants to take a pay cut to come here? He took a pay cut to leave!
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • slaw wrote: View Post

            I wouldn't read that much into it. If Giannis wants to go to Miami the Heat will find a way to bring him in. This doesn't preclude Giannis going to Miami, let alone anywhere else.
            Heat doesn't have cap space for him anymore though, right? Bam's deal eat into their next year's cap, so looks like if they were to get Giannis it would be after he signed with the Bucks, then via trade. The trade would have to be something Giannis demanded (Bucks would never initiate a trade for him on their end), which would seem unlikely to come from him right after he extends it with the Bucks.

            The tea leaves would tell me one of these 2 things:
            1. Giannis already told his agent he's extending with the Bucks, and the agent, who's also Bam's agent, told the Heat it's okay to extend Bam since Giannis ain't going there
            2. Giannis ruled out Miami (which is good news for the Raps), but it's still open to explore free agency.
            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

            Comment


            • tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              - That's 14 players on our roster and we might sign Paul Watson to a 2 way contract. We dont need to add anymore depth through FA. I think we need to trade some of the players.
              I can’t think of any trades that work. Would love to hear your ideas.

              Comment


              • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

                I can’t think of any trades that work. Would love to hear your ideas.
                An RR Icon returns...



                ...For the win!
                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                Comment


                • inthepaint wrote: View Post

                  Heat doesn't have cap space for him anymore though, right? Bam's deal eat into their next year's cap, so looks like if they were to get Giannis it would be after he signed with the Bucks, then via trade. The trade would have to be something Giannis demanded (Bucks would never initiate a trade for him on their end), which would seem unlikely to come from him right after he extends it with the Bucks.

                  The tea leaves would tell me one of these 2 things:
                  1. Giannis already told his agent he's extending with the Bucks, and the agent, who's also Bam's agent, told the Heat it's okay to extend Bam since Giannis ain't going there
                  2. Giannis ruled out Miami (which is good news for the Raps), but it's still open to explore free agency.
                  If Im Miami Im not worried about cap space. If the max level player wants to come to your team you can make it work. Maybe you lose picks or prospects, but Miami actually has enough young talent I wouldnt be worried. Cap space is potential, contracts are production.

                  Comment


                  • DanH wrote: View Post

                    You think Kawhi wants to take a pay cut to come here? He took a pay cut to leave!

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post


                      That was so pathetic...

                      Comment


                      • planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Ingram got a max deal too (no surprise)
                        And the dream dies.

                        Ingram and Siakam on the wings with an athletic 5 with good hands in the dunk position would have been fun to watch.
                        Canadas election mantra #Dump the Chump

                        Comment


                        • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

                          If Im Miami Im not worried about cap space. If the max level player wants to come to your team you can make it work. Maybe you lose picks or prospects, but Miami actually has enough young talent I wouldnt be worried. Cap space is potential, contracts are production.
                          Well, if they don't have to worry about it, why should we then? Not directing this question specifically at you but, wondering why is it that we have to bend over backwards to limit everyone's contract and fill the roster with bunch of 1-yr deals so we keep the space, while with other team's it's like "oh, they'll find a way if he wants to go there"

                          Miami (and all teams) should have the same rules/constraints as us in terms of cap and trade wiggle room. If they think they can get Giannis via trade if he asks to go there, we should in theory be able to do the same if he asks to come here through trade (in which case it probably would have helped if we retained our assets with bite-size contracts to facilitate a potential trade rather then letting them walk for nothing).

                          I still think that if you want Giannis, you save the cap space for his free agency, because hoping that he demands a trade specifically to your team is even more unlikely than him just leaving Milwaukee and choosing your very team in free agency (which is also unlikely).
                          2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                          Comment


                          • I don't know where to put this but this is an awesome look into the bubble by a reporter named Taylor Rooks:
                            https://www.gq.com/story/inside-the-nba-bubble

                            Couple of quotes from the piece:

                            Meanwhile, a few players used the new proximity to let go of old grudges. Raptors president Masai Ujiri said his favorite moment off the court happened while he was on the sidelines, watching his team play the Lakers, and one of his former players came up to him. “I'm sitting down there, and I see this person walking straight to me with a blue tracksuit,” says Ujiri. It was DeMar DeRozan, who had spent nine seasons with the Raptors before he was traded to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard. The trade had left DeRozan feeling “extremely hurt” and betrayed but earned the Raptors the franchise's first championship. “And he walks up to me,” Ujiri continues, “and he gives me a big, big hug. This was really the first time that we've really had that kind of contact since the trade. I left the game and I felt that we had crossed a certain…we'd reached a new place.”
                            For example, every day at 5 a.m., inside room 950 in the Gran Destino (where all the top-seeded teams stayed), Masai Ujiri would wake up, read his book, hop on the Peloton, and work out before heading down for breakfast. He thought nothing of his daily ritual until one morning, several weeks into the bubble, when he got a text from another former player of his: “Morning boss, you good up there?”

                            The text was from Kawhi Leonard—Finals MVP with the Raptors, now a star on the Clippers—who was staying in room 850, directly below his old boss. Ujiri had been waking Kawhi up with his noisy workouts for weeks, but Kawhi was reluctant to say anything.

                            Ujiri told Kawhi that he would stop for the time being and joked that he would continue again when the Raptors met the Clippers in the Finals, messing with Kawhi's sleep. Kawhi responded with the kind of trash talk that's best read aloud in Kawhi's dry monotone: “Haha, you know the saying ‘Don't poke the bear’? I'm gonna call the NBA on you…get you out the bubble.”

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I don't know where to put this but this is an awesome look into the bubble by a reporter named Taylor Rooks:
                              https://www.gq.com/story/inside-the-nba-bubble

                              Couple of quotes from the piece:


                              All I get from this is everybody loves Masai. Great read though.

                              Comment


                              • saints91 wrote: View Post
                                If the accounts are true, we can't keep TD... Masai can trade him, but I'm sure most teams wouldn't give anything up because they know we are going to cut him.
                                If 3 teams would want him, they have to trade rather than hope he picks them over the others

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X