Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DanH wrote: View Post

    There are lots of ways to deal with the situation. There is one smart way, and that is by not going into the tax for this clear placeholder season.
    Because being financially prudent is always the only way to convince a transcendent player to come over. Taking the expensive route and financial risk is just not that intelligent.


    Comment


    • There's one player in my mind that I hope we can get somehow, by whatever means - SGA.
      I don't know if he's available but I feel bad for him coz OKC is going to be pretty bad.

      Comment


      • Kagemusha wrote: View Post
        There's one player in my mind that I hope we can get somehow, by whatever means - SGA.
        I don't know if he's available but I feel bad for him coz OKC is going to be pretty bad.
        while I would love this i don't think they give him up because he fits with their young building timeline. He is still VERY young ..... I believe he was in OG's draft if I'm not mistaken.


        I want him too. He would solve our problems at the wing for the rest of ... time... lol

        but realistically the only way we get him is by either trading lowry or fred and what would we give up in addition to that and what would we take back.. it probably wouldn't be worth it.


        One other option is sinking up OG's contract with the end of Jamals and do something with that. I could see us getting Jamal Murray if we have free agent space...

        Comment


        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          ...My condolences to the remaining 174 Kings fans.
          I find your comment earthy, with just a hint of cherry and tartness, sufficient to cleanse the palette. Now let's move on from the Kings to the next team. What do you think of the Pistons?
          Last edited by Puffer; Wed Nov 25, 2020, 09:38 PM.

          Comment


          • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            The Kings have signed calming influence and all round hustle guy Hassan Whiteside.

            Knicks west.

            My condolences to the remaining 174 Kings fans.
            Vet minimum signing. It's really not significant. Unless Walton gives him a lot of minutes for some reason.

            Comment


            • Puffer wrote: View Post

              I find your comment earthy, with just a hint of cherry and tartness, sufficient to cleanse the palette. Now let's move on from the Kings to the next team. What do you think of the Pistons?
              I wish I could. They are still under construction. Until they can move Blake Griffin and his max’ish deal the rebuild will go slower than the flurry of trades and 3 first round draft picks can sustain.
              The New GM has unloaded the Olde GMs players save for Blake Griffin and a fading Derrick Rose.
              I half expected both of them to wind up on one of the L.A. teams during the swap meet in the last 10 days....however they both remain on the Pistons. So far.

              They have 3 rookies and a second year guy who are all likely going to play minutes.
              Killian Hayes at PG. Doumbeoya and Bey on the wing. Stewart at the 5 behind a Plumlee.
              The travelling Delon Wright is now on his fourth team and might get starters minutes under old boss coach Casey.
              Maybe they are trying to imitate the Celtics with all the wing players. Bey, FA Jeramy Grant, and last year's first Doumbeyoa.

              A mid lottery team .. 11th to 15th in the east.
              The Pistons are undertaking the long slow rebuild that in hindsight they should have started instead of trading Harris and draft choices for Blake.


              "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

              Comment


              • planetmars wrote: View Post

                Vet minimum signing. It's really not significant. Unless Walton gives him a lot of minutes for some reason.
                Even for a dollar a year..the most undisciplined directionless team in the NBA signed a guy whose poor work ethic you just don’t need on a team without a dram of leadership in the room, behind the bench or in the front office.
                This just looks like a pending train wreck of a signing.
                "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

                Comment


                • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  ...The Pistons are undertaking the long slow rebuild that in hindsight they should have started instead of trading Harris and draft choices for Blake.
                  Isn't it the way.

                  Maybe optimism is a hazard of sports team ownership. When do you call it quits and truly engage in a rebuild? When is a rebuild not enough and when should you totally tank? Of course, the rules (or odds) have changed in recent years. Decisions might be tougher to make now.

                  I personally hate the idea of tanking, but see the sense in trading assets to accumulate picks and young prospects and then giving them minutes on the floor to learn the NBA game. The tough part is defining the line where fans start abandoning the team, revenues start sinking, and assets turn to shite. That doesn't seem to happen much in professional sports. Maybe because tribalism is baked into the human genome.

                  Comment


                  • Puffer wrote: View Post

                    Isn't it the way.

                    Maybe optimism is a hazard of sports team ownership. When do you call it quits and truly engage in a rebuild? When is a rebuild not enough and when should you totally tank? Of course, the rules (or odds) have changed in recent years. Decisions might be tougher to make now.

                    I personally hate the idea of tanking, but see the sense in trading assets to accumulate picks and young prospects and then giving them minutes on the floor to learn the NBA game. The tough part is defining the line where fans start abandoning the team, revenues start sinking, and assets turn to shite. That doesn't seem to happen much in professional sports. Maybe because tribalism is baked into the human genome.
                    The Pistons are selling hope and the future right now.
                    Fans are fans. As to what the tipping point is where fans abandon a team for years of disappointment.....
                    The Leafs still sell out.
                    "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

                    Comment


                    • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                      Because I have so much free time today, lol...please indulge me.

                      If they trade for Batum, then flip that to acquire Beal mid season, how much is left in dollars to acquire a free agent with all of the non-guaranteed contracts of newly acquired 2020 FAs, all the players mentioned included in the Batum trade off the books and the remaining contracts of Pascal/ Van Vleet/ Matt Thomas/ Rookie Flynn/ Harris (most likely a 2way) and the QO of OG?
                      None. None dollars.

                      They can keep Lowry though.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                        Because being financially prudent is always the only way to convince a transcendent player to come over. Taking the expensive route and financial risk is just not that intelligent.

                        If anything you had suggested were a path to convincing Giannis to come this would make sense.

                        Now, setting yourself up to have to dump salaries later and weaken your team around said player, that's a good way to tarnish your reputation around the league and prevent any future chance at adding other transcendent talents.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post

                          None. None dollars.

                          They can keep Lowry though.
                          yes they can

                          Comment


                          • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                            I wish I could. They are still under construction. Until they can move Blake Griffin and his max’ish deal the rebuild will go slower than the flurry of trades and 3 first round draft picks can sustain.
                            The New GM has unloaded the Olde GMs players save for Blake Griffin and a fading Derrick Rose.
                            I half expected both of them to wind up on one of the L.A. teams during the swap meet in the last 10 days....however they both remain on the Pistons. So far.

                            They have 3 rookies and a second year guy who are all likely going to play minutes.
                            Killian Hayes at PG. Doumbeoya and Bey on the wing. Stewart at the 5 behind a Plumlee.
                            The travelling Delon Wright is now on his fourth team and might get starters minutes under old boss coach Casey.
                            Maybe they are trying to imitate the Celtics with all the wing players. Bey, FA Jeramy Grant, and last year's first Doumbeyoa.

                            A mid lottery team .. 11th to 15th in the east.
                            The Pistons are undertaking the long slow rebuild that in hindsight they should have started instead of trading Harris and draft choices for Blake.

                            They are in bad need of shooters, but they've added some nice defensive players to the roster. If they hit the jackpot with one of their rookies they might be able to fight for one of the last playoff spots.

                            Comment


                            • LJ2 wrote: View Post

                              They are in bad need of shooters, but they've added some nice defensive players to the roster. If they hit the jackpot with one of their rookies they might be able to fight for one of the last playoff spots.
                              Thats the goal.
                              Don't think they get higher than 10 or 11.
                              "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post

                                None. None dollars.

                                They can keep Lowry though.
                                Or maybe re-obtain Gasol for nostalgia purposes. You will probably get one more like for sure lmao

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X