Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Blake has Brissett as 300k guaranteed so he has the inside track on the final roster spot.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        The NBAPA would probably have an issue with the Raptors if they waived him before proven guilty. On a minimum deal but made the all rookie team. Would seem super fishy and intent would have been obvious.

If he is found guilty the NBA will punish him.. Raptors might add to it. I'm not sure if he would be tradeable once found guilty.. but that's the avenue the Raptors will probably try first if they plan to move him. He's a good on the court asset. But sometimes off the court behavior can wipe all that out.

But yeah I think he'll be at camp one way or another. First pre season game is on the 12th and his hearing is on the 11th. So may not play in that preseason game. We'll see what happens.
        I was wondering actually if they would ask him to wait until the court decision before joining the team.

Comment

If Brissett can develop a reliable 3-ball, he'll be in the league for a long time. You look at a guy like Trevor Ariza, who is still kicking around. Even DeMarre Carroll was somehow still on an NBA roster last year.
          Last edited by golden; Mon Nov 30, 2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If Brissett can develop a reliable 3-ball, he'll be in the league for a long time. You look at a guy like Trevor Ariza, who is still kicking around. Even DeMarre Carroll is somehow still on an NBA roster.
            Yeah Oshae could have a long career if he can get into the 36-38% range for his 3pt shot. That's a big if though. Easier said than done, and he won't have much opportunity in Toronto. Nurse will only use his extended bench during garbage time.

Interesting you mentioned Ariza. He's now a world record holder. For an NBA player that has now been traded a record 10 times in his career. He's more useful as a contract than as a player it seems.

And Carroll is actually not a roster at this moment. He's a free agent but has yet to be signed.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If Brissett can develop a reliable 3-ball, he'll be in the league for a long time. You look at a guy like Trevor Ariza, who is still kicking around. Even DeMarre Carroll was somehow still on an NBA roster last year.
              Many careers could've been saved if they had 3-ball
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yeah Oshae could have a long career if he can get into the 36-38% range for his 3pt shot. That's a big if though. Easier said than done,
                Disagree. Shooting is the EASIEST skill to develop in basketball. If he really wants it then he should work on his 3 everyday in the gym. Shoot 500 threes or more everyday.

Nobody's asking him to shoot 3's off the dribble. Just shoot a wide open one.

LeBron for example. The biggest question on LeBron as a rookie was his jump shot/3 ball. This dude in his rookie year was shooting 3's off the dribble.

VC is another one. Vince couldn't shoot when he first entered the league. In his 2nd/3rd year he was shooting 3's off the dribble. I think he's now 5th all time or whatever in 3point FGM.

This is why I will never understand guys like DeRozan and Giannis and Ben Simmons. DD is in his 11th year, Giannis 8th year, Simmons 4th. These guys STILL refuse to shoot 3's. Again, nobody's asking them to shoot 3's off the dribble. Just shoot a wide open one. How hard could that be?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Disagree. Shooting is the EASIEST skill to develop in basketball. If he really wants it then he should work on his 3 everyday in the gym. Shoot 500 threes or more everyday.

Nobody's asking him to shoot 3's off the dribble. Just shoot a wide open one.

LeBron for example. The biggest question on LeBron as a rookie was his jump shot/3 ball. This dude in his rookie year was shooting 3's off the dribble.

VC is another one. Vince couldn't shoot when he first entered the league. In his 2nd/3rd year he was shooting 3's off the dribble. I think he's now 5th all time or whatever in 3point FGM.

This is why I will never understand guys like DeRozan and Giannis and Ben Simmons. DD is in his 11th year, Giannis 8th year, Simmons 4th. These guys STILL refuse to shoot 3's. Again, nobody's asking them to shoot 3's off the dribble. Just shoot a wide open one. How hard could that be?
                  Yeah sure, but you have to acknowledge that it's much harder to get your shot off against NBA calibre athletes. Looks pretty easy, especially from the angles we view on TV in the cheap seats.

Remember how WIIIIIDE open OG was for his buzzer beater? About as wide open as you get get, right?

Think again....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Blake has Brissett as 300k guaranteed so he has the inside track on the final roster spot.
                    Makes sense. Assuming Watson is the other 2-way and Brissett doesn’t flop in camp then we’ll have our 17 man roster set, pending the Davis investigation

Lowry/Flynn/McCaw
                    FVV/Davis/Thomas/Harris
                    OG/Powell/Bembry/Watson
                    Siakam/Boucher/Brissett/Stanley
                    Baynes/Len
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RHJ signs with the Timberwolves.
                      Haven’t seen the terms of the deal yet. Wonder if he got a raise, as some people were predicting he’d be priced out of our availability, hence us moving on from him — OR whether this late in the game he got a minimum contract...

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        RHJ signs with the Timberwolves.
                        Haven’t seen the terms of the deal yet. Wonder if he got a raise, as some people were predicting he’d be priced out of our availability, hence us moving on from him — OR whether this late in the game he got a minimum contract...
                        Rondae was never coming back. He was in the doghouse early and he didn’t get much burn in the playoffs. He’s not a Nurse guy. It was a wasted season to try and boost his market value.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                          RHJ signs with the Timberwolves.
                          Looks like a 1 year, non-guaranteed deal. Basically a training camp invite.

Comment

• I really liked Rondae. I liked him in the draft too.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              I really liked Rondae. I liked him in the draft too.
                              Yeah, I thought he gave us some solid contribution along the way. Obviously didn’t expect him to be in the top 8 come playoff time (as golden points to.) But he was pretty useful in what was... lemme check... oh yeah ... our highest winning-percentage regular season ever? He came as advertised — Hustle Jefferson. Games like the Dallas comeback exemplify what he brought to the table. I’m comfortable enough moving on from him, sure. It’s a shame that he can’t shoot the ball. But he played bigger than his size and showed plenty of grit. Was glad to have him on our squad for the time that he was. Wish him well in Minny.

Comment

• RHJ would have had a great journyman career in the late 90s early 2000s. He was the true second coming of the Junkyard Dog Demaree billed himself as.
                                It just so hard too find a landing spot in to day NBA without any sememblance of a jump shot. Ill be cheering for him cause i always liked the type of players like him but im afraid guys like that days may be numbered in the new era of pace and space
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X