Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post

    Looks like a 1 year, non-guaranteed deal. Basically a training camp invite.

    Damn, it's not just Nick Nurse that sees the challenge of regular RHJ minutes. That's not much of an offer and it's from one of the league's worst franchises. Hope he gets some run and gets himself a better deal next year.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

    Comment


    • Kemba going to miss some time:



      Should only miss a few weeks, but could help the Raptors in terms of seeding early on if the Celtics falter a bit. I think Teague is now their backup PG.

      Comment


      • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

        Yeah, I thought he gave us some solid contribution along the way. Obviously didn’t expect him to be in the top 8 come playoff time (as golden points to.) But he was pretty useful in what was... lemme check... oh yeah ... our highest winning-percentage regular season ever? He came as advertised — Hustle Jefferson. Games like the Dallas comeback exemplify what he brought to the table. I’m comfortable enough moving on from him, sure. It’s a shame that he can’t shoot the ball. But he played bigger than his size and showed plenty of grit. Was glad to have him on our squad for the time that he was. Wish him well in Minny.
        I have a soft spot for players like Rondae. A likeable, hard working dude that made it to NBA through grit, despite limitations on the floor. His moniker C.H.A.P. (Calm, humble and patient) has a refreshing aura in a world with a little too much me-firsts, divisiveness and greed. Wish him success in Minny or wherever he ends up in life.
        2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

        Comment


        • We gotta sign Murray once he becomes a free agent.

          Mamba Mentality

          Comment


          • The Great One wrote: View Post
            We gotta sign Murray once he becomes a free agent.

            from what i can find, we have 0$ committed in 2025. so we should have the space to go after him when he becomes a free agent

            Comment


            • chris wrote: View Post

              from what i can find, we have 0$ committed in 2025. so we should have the space to go after him when he becomes a free agent
              Don't sign anyone til then. Gotta stay ready.

              Comment


              • Norm is now our third-oldest player lol. Lowry and Baynes the only ones over 27
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

                Comment


                • 007 wrote: View Post
                  Norm is now our third-oldest player lol. Lowry and Baynes the only ones over 27
                  wow

                  Comment


                  • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

                    Don't sign anyone til then. Gotta stay ready.
                    masai always one step ahead

                    Comment


                    • The Great One wrote: View Post
                      We gotta sign Murray once he becomes a free agent.

                      Can we just give Nick his citizenship already? Lol.

                      Comment



                      • So the Clippers will probably start Beverley/George/Kawhi/Morris/Zubac, with Jackson/Williams/Kennard/Ibaka as the main bench guys? This team still seems kind of wack
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

                        Comment


                        • 007 wrote: View Post

                          So the Clippers will probably start Beverley/George/Kawhi/Morris/Zubac, with Jackson/Williams/Kennard/Ibaka as the main bench guys? This team still seems kind of wack
                          I think Serge starts in place of Zubac.

                          But for sure.. any team that sports Patrick Beverly as the starting PG with the possiblity of Reggie Jackson as his backfill due to injury is really on the edge.


                          Alumni of the greatest minor hockey team ever.... the 1964 Schumacher Bears.

                          Comment


                          • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                            I think Serge starts in place of Zubac.

                            But for sure.. any team that sports Patrick Beverly as the starting PG with the possiblity of Reggie Jackson as his backfill due to injury is really on the edge.

                            But Serge and Morris starting together? Those dudes are going to throw hands with each other, never mind other teams

                            Comment


                            • 007 wrote: View Post

                              So the Clippers will probably start Beverley/George/Kawhi/Morris/Zubac, with Jackson/Williams/Kennard/Ibaka as the main bench guys? This team still seems kind of wack
                              Clips still don't have good quality guard play, so I think it'll be tough for them to beat the Lakers or even Denver. Ibaka will help, but without a point guard to run high quality picknroll with him, I can see him clogging up the midrange which is where Leonard & George like to operate.

                              I also question the cohesiveness & team spirit within that roster. You need that on deep playoff runs. I bet Beverly, Morris and George are not the most fun guys in the locker room. Ibaka will help there too (instant bond with Kawhi), but I can see him not having a whole lot of patience with Morris & Beverly.
                              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                              Comment


                              • inthepaint wrote: View Post

                                Clips still don't have good quality guard play, so I think it'll be tough for them to beat the Lakers or even Denver. Ibaka will help, but without a point guard to run high quality picknroll with him, I can see him clogging up the midrange which is where Leonard & George like to operate.

                                I also question the cohesiveness & team spirit within that roster. You need that on deep playoff runs. I bet Beverly, Morris and George are not the most fun guys in the locker room. Ibaka will help there too (instant bond with Kawhi), but I can see him not having a whole lot of patience with Morris & Beverly.
                                100%..

                                It is quite the collection of eclectic personalities that Jerry West has compiled on that team. Maybe it all goes away when they lace up and hit the floor and the only thing that matters is winning but (and there is always a but ) that is one interesting cocktail they have there.

                                Lou Williams put last years edition of the team on notice that they matter less than a trip to the rippers in Atlanta. Patrick Beverley has milked his "competitor nonpareil" act to the extent people overlook that he makes some pretty selfish decisions on the floor to protect that tough guy reputation at the expense of the game unfolding. The timely double tech and all. With Reggie Jackson next man up at the 1 guard that has to stop. Add in a Morris twin on the roster and you can see the cracks in the fuselage that if there is enough pressure ... they split.
                                Alumni of the greatest minor hockey team ever.... the 1964 Schumacher Bears.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X