No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG will probably never be as good as Kawhi at his best, but who will be better in 21-22, Kawhi or OG?

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
      OG will probably never be as good as Kawhi at his best, but who will be better in 21-22, Kawhi or OG?
      Think you're gonna have to look a great deal further into the future if you're expecting any answer other than the obvious.

Comment

• Oh snap! Wall for Westbrook!

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          Oh snap! Wall for Westbrook!
          Wall and a pick.. I mean I think Wall is a better player, but who knows? Wonder how Russ and Beal mesh? Or Wall and Harden? Weird trade.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Wall and a pick.. I mean I think Wall is a better player, but who knows? Wonder how Russ and Beal mesh? Or Wall and Harden? Weird trade.
            Hard to see Wall being a better player having not played in what, 2 years? Westbrook is a pretty known commodity and with a fringe All-NBA level player and a pretty decent supporting cast they could easily compete for a 5-6 seed. Both are bad contracts but Wiz want to win and Rockets want assets, trade makes sense - not exactly good or bad for either side.

Comment

• I took a time out and thought deeply about our off-season moves and have come to the conclusion. That even if the raptors earned the right to go in with the same team minus kawhi to win a championship, that in the history books it will be looked at as a mistake. Especially if we don’t get gannis.

it’s the front office job to know when and where to move on. Showing loyalty is a nice sentiment but it doesn’t win championships

o my time will tell we could have had a few draft picks now or future for ibaka and gasol if we moved them last year but people understand pride!

Comment

I think Washington makes out like bandits here.They unload Wall a perennial knucklehead and underachiever
                They do get the ball movement black hole that is Russell.. but by the time the Whiz are ready to contend again in 3 years Russ will be off the books.
                After the latest grousing from Wall about being shopped that must have been it for Leonsis.

Now .. do they try to trade Beal to really tear it down to the studs ?
                Its going to take draft picks that are mid lottery or better and a younger player of substance.
                No idea who has that right now.. ? The Knicks I guess but it doesn't fit the Knicks time line.

Beal helps a team like the Raps / GSW / Dallas /
                OKC has the picks but gotta think that would be a shit thing to do to Beal after sticking it out this long.

Houston must have a plan.. but to be honest I don't see it.
                Harden and Wall and only one ball.
                80M a year tied up in two guys on a cap of 110. Thats 70% of your salary line tied up in two guys.
                Thats really really top heavy.

We shall see.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Well Wiz gave up a pick to get Russ. They aren't going to rebuild or ask for picks to unload Beal. That's counter intuitive. If anything they might start packaging some of their younger talent to get a 3rd star to play next to Russ and Beal.

Houston on the other hand might trade Harden. I can see that as more of a possibility now.

Comment

• So if Dwane Casey is the Raptors Doug Collins; Nick Nurse is Phil Jackson. Is Chris Finch the Raptors Tex Winter?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well Wiz gave up a pick to get Russ. They aren't going to rebuild or ask for picks to unload Beal. That's counter intuitive. If anything they might start packaging some of their younger talent to get a 3rd star to play next to Russ and Beal.

Houston on the other hand might trade Harden. I can see that as more of a possibility now.
                      Its got protections... The pick is a 2023 first-rounder protected 1-14, sources said. If it doesn't convey to Houston, it converts to a 2024 pick protected 1-12, then 2025 protected 1-10 and 2026 protected 1-8. At that point, if it still hasn't conveyed, Houston will get a second-round pick in 2026 and 2027.

Still they did have to staple it to Walls CV to get Houston to take him.

There are lots of options for the Whiz to lessen the sting of paying to have Wall play somewhere else.
                      All of a sudden... the Whiz look like they could get into the play in series contention ...

We shall see.

Houston does have plan.. its just not that clear right now
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Dec 2, 2020, 09:57 PM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Westbrook and Beal could be better than decent if things flow right. Harden and Wall? Good luck.
                          There are more interesting story lines in the NBA this year than in the history of the league

Comment

• Wall for Westbrook feels like just shuffling things around with no leap from either Wizs or Rockets. Both big contracts aged north of 30 for 3 more seasons.

Rockets get a pick and someone that MAYBE is a better fit by Harden then Westbrook was, but that's very much tbd, Wall hasn't played in long time.

Wizs lose a pick but get someone that may fit better with Beal (they were getting nowhere with Wall-Beal) , and has actually been playing basketball lately. The team will probably be happy with that for the foreseeable future and try to add a 3rd star to those 2, but if they keep bouncing out early I can see Beal wanting out in a year or two.

From the rest of the league's perpective, feels like it may be the last attempt to find a fit for Harden in Houston. They had him with Chris Paul, Westbrook and now John Wall. If they don't get out of the west in the next season or two, they'll probably move Harden. (or Harden himself may ask to leave if it's a 2nd round exit this year)

Comment

• Wall-Harden-Demarcus Cousins they are going to kill each other.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                We may finally optimize our corner 3's (like the rest of the league does to us) with this guy. In particular, I can see Norm, Thomas, Baynes and OG thriving under the guidance of a good offence coach that values motion offence and secondary actions from pick and rolls

Comment

Working...
                                X