Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    my go to site (oddsshark because they were early on with the Kawhi to Toronto odds) had Toronto listed as the 4th favourite destination after philly, miami and brooklyn as of Dec 17th. If you had asked me to survey the republic on dec 17th, I don't think there were too many people talking about that. weird times. Could be an interesting 24 hours if this ties into the OG extension at all.
    Oddshark have Raptors at the landing spot for him at +400, increased from +1000 a week ago I believe, but still behind Philly, Heat & Nets.

Situation right now is:
    --Drying 2021 free agent market
    --Our roster is very good, but it's unbalanced with lots of guards, and more importantly, it's defence-heavy (awesome), but relatively weak offensively
    --Harden is a peculiar player on and off the court, but is the probably the most potent pure scorer in the league right now
    --OG extension deadline is closing
    --We have all our picks in the future, aside from a few 2n rounders
    --Siakam's value is high, as a young player that just made all-star, was part of the second-highest scoring duo in NBA playoff history on the year we won the championship, and is a great defender. That perception is still there around the league, and the bubble performance may still be constructed as a fluke. However, a 4th to 7th seed and a 1st or 2nd round exit will likely change that perception and reduce his value, as he gets further removed from the championship.

Comment

• Kuzma signs 3yr 40 mill extension

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        John Granato of espn Houston

As always: there's a leak for a reason. Probably both teams have had talks, but the leak coming like this means it's Houston who leaked it. And that means they are trying to get Philly to bid up - the only way to match those rumoured deals is to include Simmons (plus).

Still, this always did seem like a chance. Still a relatively low probability one, but just like the Kawhi deal, this structure is pretty foreseeable.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We'd be playing a lot of small ball with all those guards and few wings and bigs.

Comment

• I won't belive this until it happens
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

We'd be playing a lot of small ball with all those guards and few wings and bigs.
              As with every proposal I've made, I'm 100% sure they'd be bringing PJ Tucker back in the deal. Meaning a small starting lineup but decent forward and C depth. So it would be a rotation of (assuming Siakam, Powell, TD outbound):

Lowry, Flynn
              FVV, Thomas, McCaw
              Harden, PWJ, SJ
              OG, Tucker, Yatu
              Baynes, Boucher, Len

So, yes, small starters, but options for big looks as well. Also the possibility of going centreless with Tucker/OG at 4/5.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                I won't belive this until it happens
                It wouldn’t be true until it happens.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

Year 1. You’d have Harden for longer. They’d address any structural issues by year 2. OG at the 4 is fine and he’d have better luck there offensively.

Comment

Unless we’re also trading FVV or Lowry, this makes no sense for our roster. Is Harden starting at SF?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Unless we’re also trading FVV or Lowry, this makes no sense for our roster. Is Harden starting at SF?
                      Yes.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I guess I am a pessimist.
                        I can't help thinking that this would make the Celitics one of the favourites in the East but would screw the Raptors over.

If Boston is the other team, this is just leaked to get the Celtics or Philly to ante up
                        Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Dec 20, 2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Guys, for those iffy about Harden, he's an MVP caliber player. You need those to win titles. Those guys don't grow on trees. If you have the chance or are in the conversation to land one, you go hard at it, especially if you're not a FA destination (which means you won't land one any other way)

You get him, and figure out the rest later, full stop. Stuff like "oh the roster is too thin in the frontcount, he likes strip clubs, doesn't fit the culture, not an elite defender, yada yada" - all that stuff is secondary. It's an MVP caliber player, one of the best pure scoreres in NBA history, with years left on his deal, while half-court scoring is precisely what we need.

Yes there are warts, no player is perfect and this beating-around-the-bush from the fanbase is normal. That's reminiscent of the concerns around Leonard in the rumor/pre-trade stages. These are franchise altering players that require franchise altering moves that carry a ton of risk, but that's what it takes to roll with the big boys, especially if top FA's are not gonna land on your lap. You don't hit if you don't swing.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

How old is Jerry West ?

82?

Comment

• I wouldn’t put siakam in the deal OG yes we will be too small.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

How old is Jerry West ?

He’s just a consultant... not POBO, or shareholder of the Clippers.

Comment

Working...
                                X