Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post

    The easy solution is trade FVV at the deadline for size. We have a surplus of small guards.
    Yeah, if we get Harden that is the obvious move. Hopefully something like FVV for Turner could work for Indy. Or a similar move (my dream option is MEM for JV, they could use a somewhat veteran second guard beside Ja, but that's my very biased homer hope).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • Kagemusha wrote: View Post
      How about a 3 team trade?

      Pascal + NJ's pick/s to Houston
      Harden to NJ
      Lavert+Allen to TO

      But I doubt Houston wants Pascal.
      I agree that Simmons is their real target.
      No thanks! Why would we trade Pascal for that?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • The window to win a championship with Harden wouldn't be long so I would suspect not just FVV, but a few future picks would be used to round this team out.

        We're getting way ahead of ourselves right now.

        Comment


        • Maury wrote: View Post
          One bad preseason game and the sky is falling. LOL.
          Weel, not sure if many people think the sky is falling, I feel like it's more of a combination of:
          --2021 free agency pool drying up
          --Our roster being too guard heavy (which is not a big deal per se, but makes people think of trades to balance it out)
          --Our half court offence being limited (that's been since last year)
          --Harden rumors, which given the player high profile, people are going to conjecture stuff

          Given these 4 things, I think many people would be talking about moves regardless if we had won or lost the 3 pre-seaon games. I personally think our team is really good as is, but if there are opportunities out there to improve they should be considered.
          2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post

            Yeah, if we get Harden that is the obvious move. Hopefully something like FVV for Turner could work for Indy. Or a similar move (my dream option is MEM for JV, they could use a somewhat veteran second guard beside Ja, but that's my very biased homer hope).
            How about fred for randle?

            Comment


            • LJ2 wrote: View Post
              If we did land Harden why would we need to be a small ball team? Could we not start Lowry, Harden, OG, Tucker, and Baynes?

              FVV with Flynn off the bench could be good.
              Everyone of those players are under sized at their positions

              Comment


              • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                The window to win a championship with Harden wouldn't be long so I would suspect not just FVV, but a few future picks would be used to round this team out.

                We're getting way ahead of ourselves right now.
                A true championship window is always short. For any team. It's designed to be that way. No team can say "oh yeah, we're in finals territory for the next 4 years". That's too long in the NBA. Players age, contracts end, players get injured, players move, Luka Doncic's are drafted etc..

                That's why when a true window presents itself, you grab it, even if it's short. A future core of FVV/OG/Siakam plus our future picks doesn't give you a true champioship window, short or long. It gives the chance to be good for a long time, and be in a position to make a leap to a high-end player that's gonna truly open that window. Thing is, when that time comes, it will require some future value cost (in the form of picks or current prospects), which will make the window be harder to be open in the immediate years after that.

                Can't have the cake and eat it too. You either truly open the window now at the expense of it being closed in the mid-future (when you do a proper rebuild), or you leave it half-open indefinitely (until it's the right time to pounce).
                Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Dec 21, 2020, 11:47 AM.
                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                Comment


                • Thing Im worried about is brown is better than siakam imo so i have a feeling boston would win this

                  Comment


                  • One way I would even look at this trade is if Christian wood was in the trade I don’t think he can be

                    Comment


                    • Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      Thing Im worried about is brown is better than siakam imo so i have a feeling boston would win this
                      If you're Houston looking for a young star to build around and the choices are Brown or Siakam, you take Siakam. He is a way better counterpart for Wall too.

                      Comment


                      • LJ2 wrote: View Post

                        If you're Houston looking for a young star to build around and the choices are Brown or Siakam, you take Siakam. He is a way better counterpart for Wall too.
                        Yeah I think the playoffs way overrated Brown and underrated Siakam. Brown was the third to fourth option most games when all healthy.

                        Comment


                        • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

                          Yeah I think the playoffs way overrated Brown and underrated Siakam. Brown was the third to fourth option most games when all healthy.
                          And this is all assuming it's actually narrowing down to Boston & Toronto. What's more likely here is this is all smoke to drive the price up to Philly, Miami or Brooklyn.

                          If he actually gets dealt it will be to an upper team in the East though, that you can bank on. And it won't be the Bucks, so It'll come down to these 5. Highly speculative math here but if everyone was putting a similar package it would actually put our chances to land him at about 1 in 5 (20%)
                          2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                          Comment


                          • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

                            Yeah I think the playoffs way overrated Brown and underrated Siakam. Brown was the third to fourth option most games when all healthy.
                            Nah everything was properly rated. Playoffs is where you make your name
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                            Comment


                            • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                              Nah everything was properly rated. Playoffs is where you make your name
                              Agree

                               

                              Comment


                              • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                                Nah everything was properly rated. Playoffs is where you make your name
                                It's a tie for Siakam now. One outstanding playoff year (championship run), one egg in the bubble on a weird year with no fans. This year will be the tie breaker. If it's a solid playoff year, the bubble will be seen as a fluke. If it's another dud, then his value will go down with his 2019 post-season seen as a one-hit wonder by some around the league.
                                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X