Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

    Nah everything was properly rated. Playoffs is where you make your name
    I get that and still generally agree, but even still Brown was the third option. Brown is great for his role, but like we did things defensively like triangle and 2 to gameplan against Tatum and Kemba. Pascal played as well in a secondary role with Kawhi - like after game one everyone knew he was getting a max. They are both very similar players for sure, but one has to carry an offense. When it comes down to it Brown is a good scorer but I’ve never thought hes a natural ball player capable of carrying the load of an offense and though Pascal hasnt yet I think he might be able to. Maybe thats me being a homer tho.

    Comment


    • Guys, Siakam is all NBA, and a better two way player than Brown. He has an outside shot at being a player that can carry a team whereas Brown is sort of already hit is peak in terms of role. Also think about the fit next to Wall.

      Comment


      • Assuming this is all true, and not a ruse to get Philly or Brooklyn to throw more on the table.

        Remember, it's not just Siakam vs Brown. It's potentially Siakam+Norm vs Brown+Smart. Houston might like that second package, especially since Norm has a player option next season and would presumably opt out, while Smart has no options and his second year is guaranteed.

        Also Houston has Wood now.. and he plays Siakam's position. Where as Brown can play more SG/SF. From a roster composition/fit I think Boston's package might be better.

        Comment


        • Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

          Agree
          Damn. That was some great defense there by Jalen Brown. And it wasn't just static ISOs.... Pascal had him on the move on a lot of those plays. He is seriously underrated as a defender, or the league has figured out Pascal. Or both.

          Comment


          • It's not necessarily the end of the world that re-signing guys eats into the max cap space. If you're not bringing in a big FA, your next option is to try to pull off another Kawhi trade. To do that you need plenty of assets - enough that you ship out what's required and still have enough of a team left over to be a contender with the new guy. That means a lot of good contracts and promising young players. The Raps are still recovering from shipping out a lot of depth for the championship roster (JV, Delon, CJ, DeMar, Poeltl - they sent a lot of guys out for Kawhi and Gasol), especially now that Ibaka and Gasol have walked. But some of the incoming pieces are promising, a guy like Flynn shows this management can keep adding real talent with late 1sts and the occasional 2nd round pick. Keep adding pieces, keep the contracts reasonable, and at some point you've got enough to take a swing at those deals.

            And tbh, at this point in the NBA it seems like you've got stars asking for trades mid-contract, or just flat out getting traded by the team, more often than you've got big name FA's changing teams.

            I've got no regrets re: holding cap space for Giannis. You've got to plan for something and he was a worthwhile target.

            Remember when management thought we were really gonna win something with Bosh + pieces or DeMar/Lowry/Casey? Current management knows what it takes. But not everything's under your control - you have to wait for the opportunities and just be positioned right for when they come. That's all you can do.
            Last edited by S.R.; Mon Dec 21, 2020, 10:32 AM.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • I have reservations about harden. Im not a huge fan of his game. You aint going nowhere if the success of your offence is dependent on step back 3s. I cringe thinking of having to watch and cheer for that every other night. But, he is a top 3 scorer in the league, unstoppable in so many ways. If motivated, he can defend too. Would be interesting to see what this franchise, the coaching staff and a leader like lowry would be able to do with him. I tend to look back at kawhi's time here as him playing on an island most of the time, especially offensively. It worked cause he was great and the rest of the starters clicked. We needed pascal in that scenario. If pascal goes out in that deal, and harden plays on an island like kawhi did, Im not sure it would work out. Nontheless, i think you make that trade. Harden can always be traded later and would get a nice return if the shit hit the fan.

              Comment


              • Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

                Agree
                Agree.
                Let's take off our homer glasses for a bit here.
                Pascal has limited moves, not strong enough to bully his way like Giannis, with still shaky handles and unreliable shot.
                I doubt he will be an all star again.
                He will never be a reliable number 1.
                Some observers he might have even peaked out and is now on a decline.
                Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Dec 21, 2020, 03:15 PM.

                Comment


                • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Guys, Siakam is all NBA, and a better two way player than Brown. He has an outside shot at being a player that can carry a team whereas Brown is sort of already hit is peak in terms of role. Also think about the fit next to Wall.
                  I dont think brown has peaked at all. His development was held back by thomas, then kyrie, and then the combination of hayward and kemba. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, but he hasnt been given the usage he would have gotten had some of those guys been absent. His defence is excellent and he can create. He will likely get better, and i consider him one of the best two way guards/wings in the league. I like his game, thought he might be better than Tatum a couple of seasons ago but i dont think thats the case now. I like Browns game alot.

                  Comment


                  • JawsGT wrote: View Post

                    I dont think brown has peaked at all. His development was held back by thomas, then kyrie, and then the combination of hayward and kemba. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, but he hasnt been given the usage he would have gotten had some of those guys been absent. His defence is excellent and he can create. He will likely get better, and i consider him one of the best two way guards/wings in the league. I like his game, thought he might be better than Tatum a couple of seasons ago but i dont think thats the case now. I like Browns game alot.
                    Yeah, Brown was down the depth chart on a team that was arguably too deep on the perimeter. Last year was his first year to step up, with Kyrie gone then Hayward injured, and he took a leap. That's the OG hope this year, he has a real chance to expand his role in a thinned out frontcourt and we'll see how it goes.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                    Comment


                    • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      I have reservations about harden. Im not a huge fan of his game. You aint going nowhere if the success of your offence is dependent on step back 3s. I cringe thinking of having to watch and cheer for that every other night. But, he is a top 3 scorer in the league, unstoppable in so many ways. If motivated, he can defend too. Would be interesting to see what this franchise, the coaching staff and a leader like lowry would be able to do with him. I tend to look back at kawhi's time here as him playing on an island most of the time, especially offensively. It worked cause he was great and the rest of the starters clicked. We needed pascal in that scenario. If pascal goes out in that deal, and harden plays on an island like kawhi did, Im not sure it would work out. Nontheless, i think you make that trade. Harden can always be traded later and would get a nice return if the shit hit the fan.
                      Harden is exactly what this roster needs, I think the big question mark is likely how much he costs and if you still have contender left after trading for him.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                      Comment


                      • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Guys, Siakam is all NBA, and a better two way player than Brown. He has an outside shot at being a player that can carry a team whereas Brown is sort of already hit is peak in terms of role. Also think about the fit next to Wall.
                        Siakam most likely won't be All-NBA this year. Durant and Bam will probably get in ahead of him and at least one of Zion, Ingram & Towns. And then there's the backcourt guys like Curry and Kyrie, who might make the selectors reduce the guard spots. Last year was a perfect storm for Pascal.

                        Comment


                        • S.R. wrote: View Post

                          Harden is exactly what this roster needs, I think the big question mark is likely how much he costs and if you still have contender left after trading for him.
                          The problem is also timing. Assuming Simmons is not on the table and the Nets offer is the best one out there, then the most logical trade piece we have for Harden is FVV, but he's not available to be traded right now. FVV/OG/Davis + picks for Harden/Tucker would be an excellent scenario, leaving us with a team that can get to the Finals: Lowry, Harden, Tucker, Siakam, Baynes.

                          Hopefully Harden is still available by the time FVV's trade moratorium expires.



                          Comment


                          • Could just be smoke and mirrors to gain leverage by those teams connected to Harden’s initial preferred destination(s).

                            But if there is truth to all of this, then most likely the delay is because of Masai’s reluctance to give up Pascal. Yet that is the only way he can make this deal happen due to salary implication. Unless Lowry is the main salary piece to be move instead of Siakam. BUT An aging Lowry and a wobbly Wall does not make sense at all.

                            ....so then that goes back to the young developing Pascal and Masai’s possible IN-decision to let go of his star player.

                            I guess we will wait and see.

                            As i mentioned on the other thread
                            Pascal
                            TD
                            Powell
                            McCaw
                            2022 2nd round pick
                            2023 1st round pick

                            for

                            Harden
                            PJ Tucker

                            then a follow up move by trading Van Vleet for a big (***during the trade deadline***)... I preferred Aldridge. Although some posters have some other BIG preference.

                            Lowry
                            Harden
                            OG
                            PJ Tucker
                            LaMarcus Aldridge

                            Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Mon Dec 21, 2020, 02:23 PM.

                            Comment





                            • Second rounder? I mean they can just buy one for cash to replace it.

                              Comment


                              • My fav Sixers narrative last season and the American media is doing it again this year is how analysts like Fizdale keeps saying that "the Sixers were 8 bounce away from beating the champs in a 7 game series while Embiid was playing with chronic knee injury". It's such a dumb argument. No wonder he keeps getting fired.

                                First of all, if Kawhi's shot didn't fall, the game would go to OT. I would still pick the Raps to win the game.

                                Second, I think they keep forgetting that Jimmy Butler was the Sixers best player in that series lol.
                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X