X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

It's Giannis or bust for the Raptors. LeBron, Kawhi, PG....these guys were never going to sign here.

If Giannis re-signs in MIL, i still want to know what Plan B is? please don't say Oladipo, he's one of the most overrated players in the game. The next 2 best FA's after Giannis, LeBron and Kawhi are Lowry and Gobert.
    There is no plan B. There just isn't.
    Other than try to win 50 games and crap shoot the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

It's Giannis or bust for the Raptors. LeBron, Kawhi, PG....these guys were never going to sign here.

If Giannis re-signs in MIL, i still want to know what Plan B is? please don't say Oladipo, he's one of the most overrated players in the game. The next 2 best FA's after Giannis, LeBron and Kawhi are Lowry and Gobert.
    I'd hope it involves a sign and trade of Lowry to a team trying to contend. No point wasting his last couple of good years if we aren't really competing for anything and we could probably get some picks or a young prospect for him.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Not sure the source but G98 fm just said theres rumours of lowry for george because kawhi wants lowry. Fuuuuk that!
    If Kawhi wants Lowry, he can come back here.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    https://youtu.be/yMxdBXcvixk

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    George signed a 4 year max extension.. can't be traded until the off season now. Extend and trades are only good for 3 year contracts.
    Ok thanks. Ya g98 DJ probably heard it from the cleaner on the elevator 😜

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

How about:

PG to Bucks
    Lowry to Clippers
    Giannis to Raps
    Not bad but if Giannis wants to play here Id rather wait til next year. I really want to see Lowry play with Giannis not Fred thats just lame. Also want Lowry to retire here he deserves it.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    George signed a 4 year max extension.. can't be traded until the off season now. Extend and trades are only good for 3 year contracts.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Not sure the source but G98 fm just said theres rumours of lowry for george because kawhi wants lowry. Fuuuuk that!
    How about:

PG to Bucks
    Lowry to Clippers
    Giannis to Raps

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nba_4_life
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Just saw the numbers. Wow. Makes Siakam's contract look like a bargain basement discount.

Can a team win paying George that kind of money?
    Probably no, but look at the hornets, they got a lesser player in hayward to a monster deal. teams do want to be competitive enough to make the playoffs, soo yeah. Could really see Atlanta jump on to trading some young players for George next year if both team struggle this year. Also can see the nets trade for george and have him as a third star

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Plan B would be a trade wouldn't it? If they have cap space they will need to use it. Always disgruntled stars looking to move and Raps have contracts and players to move.
    they have to reach the salary floor but they don't need to use all of it. but yeah what you're saying is basically what i was getting at. i see the FA spending next summer more on medium contracts like a re-signed norm if he has a good year or on someone like josh richardson rather than blowing their loads on rudy gobert or oladipo.

then packaging young players and picks along with those medium contracts as trade filler at the next opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    nba_4_life wrote: View Post
    One thing that George signing does is increase the value of him to smaller market teams. Before he was on an expiring, so not a lot of teams are willing to fork out multiple picks or young players for a rental, now the clippers can recoup some assets if this season goes south, like a trade to phili, Minnesota, atlanta or the nets
    Just saw the numbers. Wow. Makes Siakam's contract look like a bargain basement discount.

Can a team win paying George that kind of money?

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

i think plan b is essentially tweaking around and developing the core we have, remaining competitive, and staying flexible for the next opportunity at a big fish.

some will call that a treadmill but i disagree
    Plan B would be a trade wouldn't it? If they have cap space they will need to use it. Always disgruntled stars looking to move and Raps have contracts and players to move.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Even if its projections, that list is still way off.
    oh it's a fucking ridiculous list and i'm not defending it. i'm just saying it's not completely ridiculous to project a guy who was historically productive for his age as a rookie to enter the top 20 in year 2 if he's healthy.

Leave a comment:

• nba_4_life
    replied
    One thing that George signing does is increase the value of him to smaller market teams. Before he was on an expiring, so not a lot of teams are willing to fork out multiple picks or young players for a rental, now the clippers can recoup some assets if this season goes south, like a trade to phili, Minnesota, atlanta or the nets

Leave a comment:

Working...
X