X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R.
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

I hope you are right on Pascal. If he can become a more fluid player. That’s what separates Tatum from him right now.Tatum is smoother and can get his shot. Pascal needs to get there. If he does then we will get to watch two of the best big wing players in the East for the next 5 years. Which is forever in NBA terms.
    I don't know if Tatum has It. You see what he can do - pretty well anything. But he doesn't impose himself on games consistently enough. He doesn't lead his team. He reminds me a fair bit of AD, all the talent in the world but got a feeling he might need to be a 2nd banana.

He is still young, we'll see.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied

Puffer wrote: View Post

I suspect he gets to beyond where he was. He had trouble with the pressure of being the prime target for other teams best defenders. I believe it shook him and messed with his confidence. He has had time to digest it and will approach this year's regular season like a tune-up for the playoffs. He will be working on solutions to last season's playoff problems every game. And I am certain he will solve a lot of them.
    I hope you are right on Pascal. If he can become a more fluid player. That’s what separates Tatum from him right now.Tatum is smoother and can get his shot. Pascal needs to get there. If he does then we will get to watch two of the best big wing players in the East for the next 5 years. Which is forever in NBA terms.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    So Harden has yet to join a team practice and has been caught hanging out at strip clubs the past couple of nights. So the Rockets are going to be a complete gong show this year.
    Maybe he's just having wings with Lou Williams

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    The way Harden is behaving is leaving a really, really bad taste in my mouth. Even though it was unlikely to begin with, I don't think the Raptors should trade for Harden anymore. I'm all for trading for distressed assets just like Masai did with Kawhi, but Kawhi's issues were not the same as Harden's are.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    So Harden has yet to join a team practice and has been caught hanging out at strip clubs the past couple of nights. So the Rockets are going to be a complete gong show this year.
    If Harden wants out then fine but he is behaving selfishly and childishly. The NBA is star driven and the league has embraced a powerful player model, which is all fine, but every one of these instances turns off a few fans and the instances are becoming more frequent and higher profile. Eventually, it is going to damage the league if it hasn't already.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Yeah, l think this 2020 roster is even stronger than the 2017 team that won 59 games under Casey.
    Half the teams in the East were tanking during the whole Casey era. The Atlantic Division, especially, was an all-time joke, and we got to play those teams 4 times a year.

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    When they got Wall I thought it was more for Cousins (college teammates). Then they would try to haul everything else they could from the nets for Harden. Levert, Dinwiddie, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Allen, Prince, Shamet, etc.

Throw in a couple of draft picks to replace the ones that went to OKC for Paul. I think a deal gets done sooner than later.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

We could copy and paste the same comments here every pre-season. The Raptors, essentially a perennial 50+ win team in the current era, are annually pegged to drop a bunch of spots but never do. Philly and Boston's young guys are annually the East's Next Big Thing but Toronto's core is completely off the radar.

Fun fact! Between Ben Simmons, Pascal Siakam, and Jayson Tatum, 1 of those 3 guys last season made: All-NBA 2nd team, EC ASG starter, and top 10 MVP votes - while the other two finished behind him in all 3 of those awards. That guy is also the only one of the three who doesn't even get named in his team's pre-season write up in that ESPN article. Guess which one? It's downright laughable.

Raptors ranked one spot ahead of Portland - a 35 win team last year that got bounced in 5 in the first round. Sounds about right for NBA pre-season predictions season.

I got questions about the Nets. I think they'd finish 3rd or 4th at the top end but have a very high probability of a tumultuous, underachieving season bogged down by injury issues, locker room issues, and the fact that they're building with two ageing, injury prone stars.

Also, Boston's lost depth. Hayward was a huge piece and Kemba's injuries are still nagging him. I would not be surprised at all to see them lose a step vs last year. Philly should be a bit better than last year. Russ will help Washington compete. Nets are a crapshoot as mentioned. Miami is nice but people are a bit too high on them now - they had a nice run in a weird bubble environment but were one of the weakest Finals teams in years. Milwaukee is solid and should be at the top again - but are really unchanged in the most important ways and will hit a wall in the playoffs again imho.

Prediction - there will be a fair bit of parity at the top of the East hitting the playoffs again this year and it really, really sucks that Kawhi didn't re-sign in Toronto. These are two of the best years to compete for a ring. With all the 3-4 superstar contenders we've had the past 10 years, these two seasons have been years without that unquestionably dominant team in the mix (though LAL are a step up this year over last year, they're better).
    Yeah, l think this 2020 roster is even stronger than the 2017 team that won 59 games under Casey.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    How are the Nets so high on that list?

KD doesn't have Steph Curry and Klay Thompson on his team anymore. The Nets other star is Kyrie Irving lol. People will soon realize that he's no LeBron James or even close to LeBron's level.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    We could copy and paste the same comments here every pre-season. The Raptors, essentially a perennial 50+ win team in the current era, are annually pegged to drop a bunch of spots but never do. Philly and Boston's young guys are annually the East's Next Big Thing but Toronto's core is completely off the radar.

Fun fact! Between Ben Simmons, Pascal Siakam, and Jayson Tatum, 1 of those 3 guys last season made: All-NBA 2nd team, EC ASG starter, and top 10 MVP votes - while the other two finished behind him in all 3 of those awards. That guy is also the only one of the three who doesn't even get named in his team's pre-season write up in that ESPN article. Guess which one? It's downright laughable.

Raptors ranked one spot ahead of Portland - a 35 win team last year that got bounced in 5 in the first round. Sounds about right for NBA pre-season predictions season.

I got questions about the Nets. I think they'd finish 3rd or 4th at the top end but have a very high probability of a tumultuous, underachieving season bogged down by injury issues, locker room issues, and the fact that they're building with two ageing, injury prone stars.

Also, Boston's lost depth. Hayward was a huge piece and Kemba's injuries are still nagging him. I would not be surprised at all to see them lose a step vs last year. Philly should be a bit better than last year. Russ will help Washington compete. Nets are a crapshoot as mentioned. Miami is nice but people are a bit too high on them now - they had a nice run in a weird bubble environment but were one of the weakest Finals teams in years. Milwaukee is solid and should be at the top again - but are really unchanged in the most important ways and will hit a wall in the playoffs again imho.

Prediction - there will be a fair bit of parity at the top of the East hitting the playoffs again this year and it really, really sucks that Kawhi didn't re-sign in Toronto. These are two of the best years to compete for a ring. With all the 3-4 superstar contenders we've had the past 10 years, these two seasons have been years without that unquestionably dominant team in the mix (though LAL are a step up this year over last year, they're better).
    Last edited by S.R.; Mon Dec 7, 2020, 03:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Milwaukee Bucks concluded their first team practice Sunday by singing "Happy Birthday" to back-to-back reigning MVP and Defensive Player of the Year Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Teammates Khris Middleton and Pat Connaughton thought of the perfect gift for the 26-year-old Antetokounmpo as he mulls over his decision on whether to sign a supermax extension to stay in Milwaukee for the long term.

"We definitely sung a 'Happy Birthday' after practice. Me and PC thought the perfect gift to him from our teammates is just to give him a pen," Middleton said. "So there were pens in his locker for his birthday present. I told him those should be some of the best birthday gifts he's ever gotten, so hopefully he enjoys it and uses it."

Antetokounmpo has until Dec. 21 to sign the extension, but he could agree to the same deal with the Bucks next summer if he does not test the market as an unrestricted free agent.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Nets 3rd overall in the NBA and Maimi 5th

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    3 members of organization tested positive for covid. But all players were available for practice

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Let the march towards #1 begin

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ctic-offseason

Leave a comment:

Working...
X