Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G__Deane wrote: View Post

    Yah but that's just paying your own guys more and hoping that gets you better rather than signing guys to make your roster. I pretty much hate the hard decisions of who to let walk so you can pay X player more. That's not a recipe for getting better and more and more it's clear that a major part of a successful NBA executive is timing cheap contracts with your stars.

    I already posted previously that we're paying more for our 3rd most expensive player than any other elite team.
    That's Canadian tax you just gotta accept it.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • I'll definitely miss Gasol. I can see us taking a step back next year without him, especially our defence, but also our offence.

      Comment


      • I'd love to get Harrell, tbh. Not sure how, but if there's a chance, we need to go for it. With Gasol and Possibly Ibaka on the way out, Harrell locked in at C would be really, beyond Gianis and Kawhi, he's much better that the other free agents we're thinking of holding cap for.

        Comment


        • Quirk wrote: View Post
          I'd love to get Harrell, tbh. Not sure how, but if there's a chance, we need to go for it. With Gasol and Possibly Ibaka on the way out, Harrell locked in at C would be really, beyond Gianis and Kawhi, he's much better that the other free agents we're thinking of holding cap for.
          Harrell is better than, say, Gobert? He can barely stay on the court in the playoffs because his defence is terrible.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • S.R. wrote: View Post

            I'm old enough to remember when fans - including on this forum - were getting frustrated with Masai for keeping DeMar/Lowry/Casey together for too long, they were starting to call Ujiri gun shy and were also self-anointed as the only real fans who actually wanted a championship. Then, starting 2 years ago, Masai traded a solid third of the roster and built a championship team in a few months with moves that absolutely zero people had predicted 6-12 months in advance. But here we are again - the real fans want a chip and the rest of us don't understand! Menial questions such as "How?" are for the the feeble minded and underachieving peons of Jurassic Park. Those select few who burn with desire for more hardware will manifest another Toronto championship born purely of their own will, bother them not with your questions of "How?" The rest of us muddle along mired in logistics and details and spitballing scenarios too low for those above us to be concerned with, but even we the lowly and unaspiring will appreciate the next chip when it happens, so thanks in advance to the few fans who want to win! Couldn't do it without you.
            Talk about a straw man opinion, hope that rant helps you feel better as I don't see anyone saying that at all.
            I'm sure what we say here doesn't exactly spur Masai to action so not sure why varying opinions seem to offend you.

            I trust Masai to make all the right moves that are available to him and I'm sure he will. I hope that somehow includes changes to include to starting unit but ymmv, no need to act as if your somehow a better fan than the many who don't fully understand capology.

            Your entire post stinks of sarcastic elitism.

            Comment


            • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

              That's Canadian tax you just gotta accept it.
              Good point, I'm sure to plays a role but you hope a chip winning team in a major city with this coach and management would at least drop the tax a few percent

              Comment


              • Quirk wrote: View Post
                I'd love to get Harrell, tbh. Not sure how, but if there's a chance, we need to go for it. With Gasol and Possibly Ibaka on the way out, Harrell locked in at C would be really, beyond Gianis and Kawhi, he's much better that the other free agents we're thinking of holding cap for.
                No thanks, that dude is Kenneth Faried 2.0, high energy but terrible defense. Don't like his attitude either. He can be somebody's problem.

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post

                  Harrell is better than, say, Gobert? He can barely stay on the court in the playoffs because his defense is terrible.
                  I like Gobert too, so ok, beyond Gianis, Kawhi and Rudy then.

                  Harrell's defensive advanced stats are not great, but also not below average, and his overall production and impact stats pop, and I have no faith in Rivers as a coach, so wont judge him based on usage, and he's 26. Looks clearly better than Dipo.



                  Comment


                  • Scraptor wrote: View Post

                    No thanks, that dude is Kenneth Faried 2.0, high energy but terrible defense. Don't like his attitude either. He can be somebody's problem.
                    Never met the guy, but I remember hearing how Lowry has a bad attitude, Butler too, so hard to know what to make of that.

                    Neither his DWS nor his DBPM suggest his defense is terrible, average at worst. What makes him so bad?

                    Comment


                    • Quirk wrote: View Post

                      I like Gobert too, so ok, beyond Gianis, Kawhi and Rudy then.

                      Harrell's defensive advanced stats are not great, but also not below average, and his overall production and impact stats pop, and I have no faith in Rivers as a coach, so wont judge him based on usage, and he's 26. Looks clearly better than Dipo.


                      There is talk that Golbert doesn't want 2 sign extension with Utah..maybe Sign and trade Ibaka,Powell and a 1st rd pick..only problem is..he don't shoot 3s..maybe he comes 2 raptors and start shooting them..his amazing on Defense, phenomenal..
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

                      Comment


                      • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

                        There is talk that Golbert doesn't want 2 sign extension with Utah..maybe Sign and trade Ibaka,Powell and a 1st rd pick..only problem is..he don't shoot 3s..maybe he comes 2 raptors and start shooting them..his amazing on Defense, phenomenal..
                        yeah that defence is amazing honestly....

                        Comment


                        • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                          Good point, I'm sure to plays a role but you hope a chip winning team in a major city with this coach and management would at least drop the tax a few percent
                          cali tax is worse

                          Comment


                          • Quirk wrote: View Post

                            Never met the guy, but I remember hearing how Lowry has a bad attitude, Butler too, so hard to know what to make of that.

                            Neither his DWS nor his DBPM suggest his defense is terrible, average at worst. What makes him so bad?
                            Those are boxscore defensive metrics, not worth a whole heck of a lot, even if BPM makes a better effort.

                            He's below average (league wide) in defensive PIPM and RPM, two of the most popular impact estimates. And a negative score in those for a centre is rare, most big men provide more value defensively than offensively. 65 centres played at least 500 minutes last year, only 17 had negative DPIPM, and only 10 had worse scores than Harrell.

                            And that's regular season, the playoffs can be a whole different animal (sort of like how DeMar tended to grade as a net positive even with his poor defence in the regular season, and was a huge negative in the playoffs).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

                              There is talk that Golbert doesn't want 2 sign extension with Utah..maybe Sign and trade Ibaka,Powell and a 1st rd pick..only problem is..he don't shoot 3s..maybe he comes 2 raptors and start shooting them..his amazing on Defense, phenomenal..
                              I'd give pretty much anything for Gobert if we could get him this summer. Whatever it takes, really.

                              Comment


                              • https://twitter.com/i/events/1311384131784171521?s=21

                                thanks Marc for being a major part of the Championship.

                                wish you well, gracias !

                                You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

                                When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X