Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

    Ha!
    Great job, uncle Dennis.

    Btw, I thought the great Jerry West is the best mind out there.
    Wonder how much input he's had in those insane transactions.
    Not much considering Kawhi wanted PG, so if the Clippers wanted Kawhi, they had to go get PG.

    Comment


    • A.I wrote: View Post

      Not much considering Kawhi wanted PG, so if the Clippers wanted Kawhi, they had to go get PG.
      Players' league eh?
      Can be good or bad. Some players are bad talent evaluators and like Kawhi makes decisions based on personal preferences and not on winning per se.
      Not everyone has a LeBron mind.

      Comment


      • Maury wrote: View Post
        So what happens when there are positive tests? Will they quarantine a whole team every time it happens?
        The NFL seems to be (somewhat tenuously) managing these questions you have
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

          The NFL seems to be (somewhat tenuously) managing these questions you have
          Baseball and the NFL have both managed fine. The SEC, ACC and Big 12 as well. All of those leagues have way more players involved. You just need to give yourself some leeway.

          Anyway, looks like a vaccine is coming now very fast from Pfizer, so this absolute madness into which we descended will soon be over.

          Comment


          • So Atlanta wants to move off pick 6... They have enough cap room to absorb a massive salary without sending out anything but the pick. Powell and 29 for 6? I know Masai and co. were out in Israel scouting Deni Avdija. Not sure how I feel about him, but his playmaking is really interesting. He's got a knack for getting by guys despite his apparent lack of first step explosion, the kind of knack that I think will help him a lot in the NBA. His shooting is a question.

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post

              Baseball and the NFL have both managed fine. The SEC, ACC and Big 12 as well. All of those leagues have way more players involved. You just need to give yourself some leeway.

              Anyway, looks like a vaccine is coming now very fast from Pfizer, so this absolute madness into which we descended will soon be over.
              Basketball players are wearing much less equipment than football players and are in much closer contact than baseball players. It’s the worst of both worlds.

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post

                Basketball players are wearing much less equipment than football players and are in much closer contact than baseball players. It’s the worst of both worlds.
                Locker rooms are a problem in NBA arenas too. Still, let's be real here. None of these guys are at risk to get more than a cough.

                Comment


                • RR now, then on draft night Nov 18th:



                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                  Comment


                  • Maury wrote: View Post
                    So Atlanta wants to move off pick 6... They have enough cap room to absorb a massive salary without sending out anything but the pick. Powell and 29 for 6? I know Masai and co. were out in Israel scouting Deni Avdija. Not sure how I feel about him, but his playmaking is really interesting. He's got a knack for getting by guys despite his apparent lack of first step explosion, the kind of knack that I think will help him a lot in the NBA. His shooting is a question.
                    Betcha Raps push to keep 29, grabbing another pick rather than moving up. More cost controlled assets is great for them next summer. Though they better have a target in mind at 6, as that's a relatively hefty rookie scale salary up there.

                    If they are sour on TD, maybe they include him with Powell in the deal as a little extra value to help them hold onto that pick. Late picks are worth more than usual in this weird flat draft.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post

                      Betcha Raps push to keep 29, grabbing another pick rather than moving up. More cost controlled assets is great for them next summer. Though they better have a target in mind at 6, as that's a relatively hefty rookie scale salary up there.

                      If they are sour on TD, maybe they include him with Powell in the deal as a little extra value to help them hold onto that pick. Late picks are worth more than usual in this weird flat draft.
                      I think it's a good way to get a young guy they feel confident they can develop but more importantly keep cape space and sign Fred (without having to lose Kyle next year).

                      You think Norm is enough to get it done? Not sure he has the pedigree to justify trading a lotto pick though. Maybe in this draft.

                      Comment


                      • No way Atlanta does that deal IMO. For Norm? No way.

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Maury wrote: View Post

                            I think it's a good way to get a young guy they feel confident they can develop but more importantly keep cape space and sign Fred (without having to lose Kyle next year).

                            You think Norm is enough to get it done? Not sure he has the pedigree to justify trading a lotto pick though. Maybe in this draft.
                            There's almost no scenario where we keep Fred AND can keep Lowry unless he's very cheap. It's one or the other, almost no matter what else we do. Norm's gotta go either way, whether by trade or by opting out.

                            I doubt Norm is enough to get it done, but the value of a high pick in this draft will be way below what it usually is. No team will be offering fair value to move into the top of this draft. I suspect a lot of teams at the top of the draft will end up staying put because as much as they don't really want their picks, no one will be giving up typical value for them either, if they want to trade out of those spots they will have to do so while looking like they are losing the trade.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              The key information in this dump was actually that we have a 3% minimum increase in the cap for next summer. So 112.4M at minimum. That wiggle room helps, and basically washes out the effect of Pascal getting that raise for 2nd team honours.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post

                                There's almost no scenario where we keep Fred AND can keep Lowry unless he's very cheap. It's one or the other, almost no matter what else we do. Norm's gotta go either way, whether by trade or by opting out.

                                I doubt Norm is enough to get it done, but the value of a high pick in this draft will be way below what it usually is. No team will be offering fair value to move into the top of this draft. I suspect a lot of teams at the top of the draft will end up staying put because as much as they don't really want their picks, no one will be giving up typical value for them either, if they want to trade out of those spots they will have to do so while looking like they are losing the trade.
                                Is there a scenario where we pay Fred what he wants (say $20M/yr) and then include him in a sign & trade with the Bucks for Giannis when FVV is trade eligible, which still allows us to re-sign Lowry for somewhat close to market value?

                                If I have to choose, then I'd still rather have a 34-to-37 year old Lowry... than a prime FVV. That's an easy decision for me. Fred is easily replaceable. Lowry is not.
                                Last edited by golden; Tue Nov 10, 2020, 01:20 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X