Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Seems like when they say arena suites, they mean like, all arena seating. That won't fly in Toronto, at least. 25% and 50% are very high numbers, I expected much lower percentages, maybe 10%, with high ticket costs, to try to recoup revenues. The higher fill rate will make it very difficult for fans to socially distance, and the more people in there the higher the aerosol risk to the players on the court even if people are kept back from the court and barriers are put up.
    I read that as like the fancy upscale suites in the top, if those are 25% occupied no testing will be needed. And they fact they pointed out fans within 30 feet of court makes it seem like they will have people within that 30 ft bubble. Of course this is what the nba guidelines are. The local government will have the final say. Seats in orlando wont be the same as L.A or N.Y and we in T.O are worried about just the players being in the ACC dont think they are even thinking about fans yet
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      I would have thought it would 50.7% and a 8.5 day case average of 9.3 people per 121,000 or local positivity rate of 2.894738743%. 30-feet to the court is also way too close. Should have made it 33 feet.

Comment

FVV was on J.J reddicks Pod. Talking about his free agency. The way he was answering questions it seemed like coming back to the raptors is just a formality
        FVV is shrewd. Playing it properly. IMO

But dang if he doesn't show some respect and cup the balls of scouting staff that watched him play and pluck him out of college obscurity, pray to the alter of Nurse who stuck by his horrible Magic+76ers+.5(Bucks) series he'd be lucky to ever collect another dime after his first 18 million dollars NBA contract.

Yeesh

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I would have thought it would 50.7% and a 8.5 day case average of 9.3 people per 121,000 or local positivity rate of 2.894738743%. 30-feet to the court is also way too close. Should have made it 33 feet.
          Definitely some moral indictments to go around after not having come to this conclusion.

Comment

• Are you sure? I'm reading the tea leaves a bit differently...

Stuff like: "I won a championship" and "I've got nothing left to prove in Toronto", "I'm a businessman at heart".

To me it feels like FVV will not be giving any hometown discount for loyalty or appreciation of how he's been protected in the Raps lineup. Just guessing, but I would imagine he's not entirely pleased with the reports that the Raps want to stay under $20M/yr to keep the max slot open for Giannis.

Interesting how he said "Cash Out" and not "Cash In". Freudian slip?

I hope we can pull off a sign & trade.
            Last edited by golden; Wed Nov 11, 2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Are you sure? I'm reading the tea leaves a bit differently...

Stuff like: "I won a championship" and "I've got nothing left to prove in Toronto", "I'm a businessman at heart".

To me it feels like FVV will not be giving any hometown discount for loyalty or appreciation of how he's been protected in the Raps lineup. Just guessing, but I would imagine he's not entirely pleased with the reports that the Raps want to stay under $20M/yr to keep the max slot open for Giannis.
              All I take from the interview is that if it's close money-wise he is staying in Toronto and if it isn't then he's leaving, which makes sense to me and is what I have always assumed. It will be interesting to see if someone throws a giant deal at him but, despite the fact this isn't a great free agent class, I do wonder how much of a market there is for him at $25 million (or more) per season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Are you sure? I'm reading the tea leaves a bit differently...

Interesting how he said "Cash Out" and not "Cash In". Freudian slip?

I hope we can pull off a sign & trade.
                He also started talking about where he would like to play if the raptors cant play in T.O went into his choice being Tampa bay, the options the team has been discusing. Something that he wouldn't be that concerned about if he was leaving. And said that he sees even tho lowry is still around he can still be the heir appernt and that being the "lead guy" doesn't mean he cant be in a situation where he shares the role with kyle and pascal. And that he wants to get paid but that not the only thing he is chasing, a good organization is important to him and said we all know in the NBA what franchises are not up to standard. IE knicks and pistons.
                That soundbite all the raptors beat reporters is the only piece of the interview that could sound like he was looking elsewhere. Everything else highly suggested he will be in T.O, the whole podcast is worth a listen and left me with a feeling that is will be up to the raptors if he isn't back not fred.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

All I take from the interview is that if it's close money-wise he is staying in Toronto and if it isn't then he's leaving, which makes sense to me and is what I have always assumed. It will be interesting to see if someone throws a giant deal at him but, despite the fact this isn't a great free agent class, I do wonder how much of a market there is for him at $25 million (or more) per season.

Fred's market seems to be shrinking by the rumour. First some rumours that the Knicks and Pistons may want to use their cap room to take on salary for picks instead of signing a FA, then rumours of Phoenix chasing CP3, now Atlanta wants Jrue? Fred suitors dropping like flies. Of course, lots of time for all that to change, but Fred's agent can't be happy with the trend.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

FVV was on J.J reddicks Pod. Talking about his free agency. The way he was answering questions it seemed like coming back to the raptors is just a formality
                    I didn't listen to the interview yet but from the article below, that's not what was said at all. He came right out and said several ways that he's going to the highest bidder and if there are two the same, he'd use other criteria.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...ying-get-paid/

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I didn't listen to the interview yet but from the article below, that's not what was said at all. He came right out and said several ways that he's going to the highest bidder and if there are two the same, he'd use other criteria.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...ying-get-paid/
                      Give it a listen and then see what you think, To me it seemed pretty pro raptors. The raptors writers pulled that quote and are spinning it to be a negative. Theres many more parts of the interview that could have been pulled to favor the raptors but that doesnt drive clicks

Comment

• Westbrook to the Clippers? For Paul George
                        Chris Paul?
                        Forgot what he learned in Toronto and going lebron's route instead

Comment

• Comment

• To me the Fred thing suggests the situation is exactly what youd expect - he wants to get paid while ideally playing a big role on a winning team. Hes done everything he wanted to coming into the league and the last box to check is generational wealth. Id imagine that means he wants guarenteed money, not a short term deal but idk.

On paper Raps remain the logical partner - especially with rumors around the league. I imagine Masai gives him a fair deal, and honestly hes earned it. Seems like the type of guy people bet against his whole career and just keep proving the league wrong.

Comment

• Lol russ agent should have told him someone has to actually want you if your going to demand a trade

Comment

• Russ will have a number of teams after him if Houston obliges his trade request.

Comment

Working...
                                X