Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i think he means more with regards to consistency
    Haha yeah, that Powell Game 6 was great, but we already know Playoff Powell gives us that about once a series and sometimes not even that often. Definitely not on demand. Still really like him.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      LaVert is a player I wouldn’t mind chasing. There’s a lot of mouths to feed in Brooklyn, I can see him getting frustrated with his role. He has a decent contract extension starting next year.
      Yeah I love Levert, and he will be a lot less effective without the ball in his hands in BK. Unless Nash works some kind of magic. So I would love to see if we can pry him loose.

Would also like to take a look at cheap young castoffs like Harry Giles. I think he still has a fair amount of potential, health permitting. And give Boucher a much bigger role.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Haha yeah, that Powell Game 6 was great, but we already know Playoff Powell gives us that about once a series and sometimes not even that often. Definitely not on demand. Still really like him.
        FVV was in no way, shape or form more consistent that Powell was this year. You give Powell the "All You Can Shoot" VIP membership card and a consistent role with the starters that FVV has, and he puts up even better numbers than FVV. In fact, letting a ball-handling guard take a lot of shots without impunity to inflate his raw numbers is one of the NBA's oldest parlor tricks. FVV is not that consistent at all.... let's get that one out of the way once and for all.

Sure would have loved to see Playoff FVV show up at least once. We'd still be in the bubble.

Comment

Powell's inconsistencies are more at the defensive end. He was brutal. When you compound that with some of his offensive mistakes it becomes tough to watch.

Fred's pretty consistently good on the defensive end. But he's too inconsistent and sometimes invisible on the offensive side of the ball. Especially if he's initiating the offense. It might also be that Fred has a better handle on Nurse's playbook which could also explain his love for McCaw.

Comment

Doesn't matter how good LeVert is. Guy is made of glass. He missed 25 games in his first year, 11 the following year, 42 in his 3rd year, this past season he missed 37 games.

No thanks.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

What's the rundown on who we might draft in October? From the little I've looked into it, people seem kind of down on this year's draft, but we found Siakam with a pick in the high 20s.

Comment

I wouldn't be in a rush to be too good. Don't commit to anybody longterm and just let chip fall. If we get good pick that's not bad outcome. I wouldn't try and make a crazy signing for sake of getting back into playoffs
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  I wouldn't be in a rush to be too good. Don't commit to anybody longterm and just let chip fall. If we get good pick that's not bad outcome. I wouldn't try and make a crazy signing for sake of getting back into playoffs
                  I think the goal is to be relevant and not crappy, so we remain appealing to free agents. If we start Lowry-Norm-OG-Siakam-Serge, then have TD, Thomas, Boucher and Paul Watson off the bench with plenty of free minutes to develop (plus our picks) we accomplish that. Let everyone else walk, get Giannis or Oladipo next summer to add to that and we're rolling again.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

DanH doesn't actually watch games (or is a closet Celtics fan) confirmed.

Did you watch that game too? The Raptors blew a lead in the 4th playing that small lineup and scraped together a slight positive differential after two entire overtimes. And that’s with Powell hitting everything - he doesn’t always do that.

Did you watch game 7? Did you watch Norm blow a possession where we had a chance to tie or take the lead, and then just, you know, forget to box out on the biggest defensive rebound of the season? He’s a firecracker, microwave scorer who I love as an option off the bench, but you just can not rely on him in close games or consistently against quality opposition.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                      What's the rundown on who we might draft in October? From the little I've looked into it, people seem kind of down on this year's draft, but we found Siakam with a pick in the high 20s.
                      This is my guy right here. Explosive and Athletic 6'9" defensive wing with a good handle, and also a good midrange and 3. Biggest sleeper on the draft. Perfect backup SF/PF for us.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Did you watch that game too? The Raptors blew a lead in the 4th playing that small lineup and scraped together a slight positive differential after two entire overtimes. And that’s with Powell hitting everything - he doesn’t always do that.

Did you watch game 7? Did you watch Norm blow a possession where we had a chance to tie or take the lead, and then just, you know, forget to box out on the biggest defensive rebound of the season? He’s a firecracker, microwave scorer who I love as an option off the bench, but you just can not rely on him in close games or consistently against quality opposition.
                        Ok, you got me. I’d rather watch Fred consistently get stuffed at the rim and consistently chuck up a no-chance prayer 3 after dribbling the clock out in crunch-time. There’s comfort in knowing what you’re always going to get....consistently.

Comment

• RR family turns on each other for 3 months....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            RR family turns on each other for 3 months....
                            Best time of the year. Far too congenial around here the last 2 seasons with all the winning. It's unnatural.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'm thinking Giannis runs out the string and sees how things go but you never know where the almighty dollar is concerned. Better for us than asking for a trade now.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...-teams-future/
                              Report: Antetokounmpo, Bucks ownership meet to discuss team’s future

In the wake of a disappointing second-round post-season elimination that has spawned rumours about his future, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Milwaukee Bucks ownership reportedly met to discuss what comes next for the franchise, according to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.

The meeting between Antetokounmpo and Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry took place on Saturday afternoon, Haynes reported, the same day the reigning NBA MVP unfollowed hundreds of people on Twitter and Instagram — including all of his teammates and the Bucks’ official team account.

At this time, specifics of the conversation have not been reported.

Antetokounmpo has one year remaining on his current contract and is not eligible for free agency until next off-season at the earliest. However, this off-season he does have the chance to sign a super-max extension worth around $254 million over five years — which the Bucks are reportedly planning to offer him once free agency begins.

It is not yet known if Antetokounmpo intends to sign the extension if the Bucks do put forward the offer, though he was adamant that he would not be requesting a trade.

“Some see a wall and go in [another direction]. I plow through it,” Antetokounmpo said, per Haynes. “We just have to get better as a team, individually and get right back at it next season.”

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Ok, you got me. I’d rather watch Fred consistently get stuffed at the rim and consistently chuck up a no-chance prayer 3 after dribbling the clock out in crunch-time. There’s comfort in knowing what you’re always going to get....consistently.
                                Don't forget Gasol consistently not shooting (from 3, midrange or paint), consistently not rebounding, consistently being in foul trouble and consistently passing the ball out the top of the key to heavily guarded teammates without creating any space because Boston knew that consistently that's what he would do. Also consistently missing free throws (3rd worst FT% on the team in the playoffs). I could go on but my wife is calling for supper.

You give 10 of Gasol minutes on that game 7 to Norm, TD, Serge or Thomas (meaning guys that actually look at the basket and hunt shots) and we'd still have Raptors basketball to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X