Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    I love how Fred plays but not for 20M+, you can’t play slightly above average players big money and be a title contender. Fred has most likely hit his ceiling or close to it.

I also agree you can’t lose an asset for nothing.
    Half the league could use backcourt help, especially at the lead guard position. Just take a look at the standings and there are about 10 teams in desperate need of a lead guard, including playoff teams, and 5 or 6 more who could use help. Fred won't be real hard to move if it comes to that.

As for the contract, I still think he's going to get a Brogdon type deal. There are factors cutting both ways and it's not the exact same set of circumstances but if I'm him I would not take less and I don't think the Raps are going to die on a hill saving a couple million per year on a deal.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      ...If I'm in charge of the team I would move Siakam for a top 10 pick or package him for a player like Beal.
      We all better hope that Masai re-ups.

Comment

• I like fred but id rather have thomas starting alongside lowry next season. TD the third guard. Cheap and see how it works out before the big 2021 offseason

Comment

• Here's what I think, and Dan can correct me if I'm wrong here.

There are two paths. You re-sign most of the guys, using Bird rights to go over the cap, because you can use their salaries as ballast in trades if that's what you want.

Or you let everyone walk to preserve room under the cap for 2021. There's no point in just re-signing Serge since it bollocks up the cap space.

Given Masai's history, I think the odds are heavily in favour of the former approach. He has preached continuity for a long, long time. So unless a star becomes available, and we can pull off a sign and trade with say FVV and/or Ibaka, we will mostly end up moving pieces around on the margins until 2021.

Comment

• Masai is ruthless and smart. He most likely offers a little bit lower then the shit tier teams like pistons and knicks. Consistent playoffs and being the team who gave him his start is probably worth a couple mil a year. If he goes with the shit teams so be it. But if not we get him on a "value" contract and masai will not hesitate to trade him 2021 offseason.
            Even if he doesn't improve and plays at the same level he would be a pretty good trade chip at that money and could ship him to casey or the knicks after another disappointing year for them and get some assets while were at it
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Marcus Smart only makes 12M/yr

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Marcus Smart only makes 12M/yr
                for now
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Sign FVV for 15 to 16million a year/ around 60 to 64million for 4 years, most likely 62.5 for 4yrs.. That should be his market value.

When opportunity knocks and Beal or Lillard are available before next season’s trade deadline then go for it, trade him with the player option (2021-22) of Norm.

Both salaries around 26-27 million with a pick enough to acquire Beal or Lillard.

Siakam plus Lillard
                  or
                  Siakam plus Beal

....are both attractive enough for a Giannis or a Gobert.

develop more TD and Matt Thomas.

2020-21 season
                  Lowry
                  Beal or Lillard
                  OG
                  Siakam
                  Ibaka

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Marcus Smart only makes 12M/yr
                    and there was a year Terrence ross made more than Steph Curry. C'mon man. That contract was signed 2 years ago!

Comment

• damn looking at his regular season stats it's amazing what Smart is doing
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• RE: Van Vleet.

I think some people are underestimating how valuable it is to make use of that window in between the salary cap and the luxury tax. Let's say we are at 86 mill with returning players and the cap is 106. Let's say you let Fred walk and offer a 1 year balloon contract to Ibaka that he accepts. You're capped out. You can't replace FVV. He's just gone.
                        Look at Milwaukee now trying to find salary to send out in a trade to make the team better. Part of this is asset control and if they could have traded Brogdon and 2 first round picks maybe they can improve the team. It's fine if you don't think FVV is worth 20 mill but that is certainly his market value. And it puts you in a position to later on include that salary and a pick or 2 in a trade to make the team better.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          Sign FVV for 15 to 16million a year/ around 60 to 64million for 4 years, most likely 62.5 for 4yrs.. That should be his market value.

When opportunity knocks and Beal or Lillard are available before next season’s trade deadline then go for it, trade him with the player option (2021-22) of Norm.

Both salaries around 26-27 million with a pick enough to acquire Beal or Lillard.

Siakam plus Lillard
                          or
                          Siakam plus Beal

....are both attractive enough for a Giannis or a Gobert.

develop more TD and Matt Thomas.

2020-21 season
                          Lowry
                          Beal or Lillard
                          OG
                          Siakam
                          Ibaka
                          Hard pass on Gobert. That would be a lateral move and not help us any. Dude can grab boards but that's it. Players that can't shoot are going extinct in the nba

Comment

• Our ol pal Jakob Poeltl is a restricted free agent. Who makes more next year Gasol or Poeltl?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              RE: Van Vleet.

I think some people are underestimating how valuable it is to make use of that window in between the salary cap and the luxury tax. Let's say we are at 86 mill with returning players and the cap is 106. Let's say you let Fred walk and offer a 1 year balloon contract to Ibaka that he accepts. You're capped out. You can't replace FVV. He's just gone.
                              Look at Milwaukee now trying to find salary to send out in a trade to make the team better. Part of this is asset control and if they could have traded Brogdon and 2 first round picks maybe they can improve the team. It's fine if you don't think FVV is worth 20 mill but that is certainly his market value. And it puts you in a position to later on include that salary and a pick or 2 in a trade to make the team better.
                              Masai just have to place a cap of how much he can offer Fred...if 20 million then so be it.

But definitely with the SOLE intention of including him in a package before next season’s trade deadline and setting up the team as playoff contenders/maintain a winning culture in preparation for the Giannis sweepstakes.

Siakam and Van Vleet combo will not cut it.

Siakam and Lillard with Nurse and Masai
                              Siakam and Beal with Nurse and Masai

will make Giannis think twice.

Comment

• HogieTime wrote: View Post

Hard pass on Gobert. That would be a lateral move and not help us any. Dude can grab boards but that's it. Players that can't shoot are going extinct in the nba
                                then wait one more season when the Joker is available.

Siakam
                                Lillard or Beal
                                Jokic

only when Masai miss out on Giannis but a personal debt involving family is very hard to just ignore and forget if you are Giannis

Masai has the upperhand
                                Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Tue Sep 15, 2020, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X