Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Oh, shit. Masai hasn't had ANY discussions about his future with the organization. He repeated that. WTF? He gone.
    Not really. He basically said hes prioritizing on the off-season/future of the team. He knows he can take care of the extension (if there is one) whenever.

Its a typical Masai comment. Doesn't say anything definitive to the media.

Comment

• Bobby Webster extension is close according to Masai. And he said that he's trying to take care of his team first before himself. Hopefully it's that.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Sep 17, 2020, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Bobby Webster extension is close according to Masai. And he said that he's trying to take care of his team first before himself. Hopefully it's that.
          Can't wait for people to twist it by saying he is making sure to put the team in a good spot before he leaves.

Comment

• He mentioned prioritizing Fred and Serge. But also mentioned trying to keep cap space for 2021. So short term deals if possible?

Comment

• Just saw this tweet. Nurse is now part of the big boys club. Impressive. He's only been in the league for 2 years.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Not really. He basically said hes prioritizing on the off-season/future of the team. He knows he can take care of the extension (if there is one) whenever.

Its a typical Masai comment. Doesn't say anything definitive to the media.
                You must have missed the first part. First question was Doug Smith asking Masai point blank if he's had any discussions about his future and he had he's had NO discussions yet, and then he stammered for a bit and then he ended by saying again that he's had NO discussions. I mean, Masai isn't bound by the CBA, so he's already into overtime in terms of when you would do your normal extension.

It's bizarre. Either MLSE or Masai is dragging this out for some reason. Most executives would want certainty, or Masai's ask is way too high for MLSE, or Masai is gone. Also, any free agents would want to know if Masai is going to be here or not, because he's a huge selling point for the franchise. It makes no sense to let this smell hang in the air.

Comment

• Masai has repeatedly said he's going to take care of everyone else first before himself.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I don't like the Harrell fit with the Raptors. He's a big time energy big but can't space the floor and can be schemed against on offense.

Plus I think he's going to make at least $20M a year. Considering he's coming off a 6MOY win.

And Serge to Charlotte makes no sense at all for him. He's going to want to go to a contender. He's done the Orlando stint where played on a crappy team. I don't see him doing that again.

Comment

You must have missed the first part. First question was Doug Smith asking Masai point blank if he's had any discussions about his future and he had he's had NO discussions yet, and then he stammered for a bit and then he ended by saying again that he's had NO discussions. I mean, Masai isn't bound by the CBA, so he's already into overtime in terms of when you would do your normal extension.

It's bizarre. Either MLSE or Masai is dragging this out for some reason. Most executives would want certainty, or Masai's ask is way too high for MLSE, or Masai is gone. Also, any free agents would want to know if Masai is going to be here or not, because he's a huge selling point for the franchise. It makes no sense to let this smell hang in the air.
                      I heard it. He also said he is going to handle it privately. Nurse just got his extension, Bobby is in talks with his, nothing is being dragged out yet, it all just started. Sounds like exactly what I said, hes working on getting some of the other extensions out of the way and free agency plans before he gets in talks with his extension, and when he does, we won't know until it happens.

Comment

• Paul George getting RIPPED apart right now. Guy had it coming. He needs to learn to shut his mouth and just play. Talks to much and never backs anything up.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Yeah Masai has not signed an extension.. and it feels like he might not. Going to be a hot topic all season long. Ugh.
                          Ya think?

Comment

• MLSE want to extend him. There's zero doubt. If they don't extend him it's because he wants out.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                              Masai has repeatedly said he's going to take care of everyone else first before himself.
                              Feels like he's setting things up for a clean exit with Bobby Webster as his succession plan. If Masai didn't sign Nurse & Bobby and left to another organization, it would be assumed that he didn't sign them so he could poach them. This way, nobody could blame him for sabotaging the management team.

Normally, it's the other way around. The top executive is put in place and then he locks up his team.

Comment

It's bizarre. Either MLSE or Masai is dragging this out for some reason. Most executives would want certainty.
                                You honestly don't think that Masai KNOWS he will be the highest paid executive in the league, regardless of where he signs? Masai has certainty.

And he has said many times that he plans on sticking around I believe. I have no reason not to take him at his word.

Comment

Working...
                                X