No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith & Jones are talking about how he might be looking for something in politics and when he ready to either stay or leave he'll let everybody know. They talking about it like Masai signed his will with Bobby and Nurse getting locked up

I think everybody should mentally prepare themselves.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

You honestly don't think that Masai KNOWS he will be the highest paid executive in the league, regardless of where he signs? Masai has certainty.

And he has said many times that he plans on sticking around I believe. I have no reason not to take him at his word.
      Facts
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        MLSE want to extend him. There's zero doubt. If they don't extend him it's because he wants out.
        I hope I'm totally wrong, but I can see only 2 (real) reasons for Masai not being extended already: (1) his asking price is WAY too high for MLSE, or (2) he wants to move a bigger platform to have a larger impact.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

You honestly don't think that Masai KNOWS he will be the highest paid executive in the league, regardless of where he signs? Masai has certainty.

And he has said many times that he plans on sticking around I believe. I have no reason not to take him at his word.
          Has Masai actually said that? It seems like he's a master at not saying that. It feels exactly like when people kept asking Kawhi how he felt about Toronto. He was cordial, but you could never pin down a definitive quote.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I hope I'm totally wrong, but I can see only 2 (real) reasons for Masai not being extended already: (1) his asking price is WAY too high for MLSE, or (2) he wants to move a bigger platform to have a larger impact.
            MLSE have deep pockets. If he leaves it's to pursue something outside of basketball
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Has Masai actually said that? It seems like he's a master at not saying that. It feels exactly like when people kept asking Kawhi how he felt about Toronto. He was cordial, but you could never pin down a definitive quote.
                I thought I recalled him saying along those lines when those reports about Washington sniffing around came up. I could be wrong though. Either way, I'm optimistic.

Comment

Oh, shit. Masai hasn't had ANY discussions about his future with the organization. He repeated that. WTF? He gone.
                  How have there been no discussions?
                  Which twat waffle in a suit is even in charge these days
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Smith & Jones are talking about how he might be looking for something in politics and when he ready to either stay or leave he'll let everybody know. They talking about it like Masai signed his will with Bobby and Nurse getting locked up

Ok... I'm ready.

Comment

• Masai might be looking out for his team first.. but ultimately I think he's waiting until the last moment like a free agent should. That's his prerogative.

But on the other hand why allow Masai to give extensions to his guys like Bobby or Nick when Masai himself might not be around anymore? If the president leaves do you still want his guys running the team or someone new to make those decisions?

Not saying Bobby or Nick are bad ideas.. just saying that usually a new President will want control over those decisions.

Since MLSE is allowing him to lock those guys up.. I think he's staying. But I'm just being optimistic.

Comment

• With what's going on in the US, I could see Masai becoming more interested in that Wizards offer, mostly for political impact reasons. And then he brings in Giannis to pair with Beal and.... voila. Instant contender

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't like the Harrell fit with the Raptors. He's a big time energy big but can't space the floor and can be schemed against on offense.

Plus I think he's going to make at least $20M a year. Considering he's coming off a 6MOY win.

And Serge to Charlotte makes no sense at all for him. He's going to want to go to a contender. He's done the Orlando stint where played on a crappy team. I don't see him doing that again.
                            Agree with Harrell fit but after a disappointment showing, I doubt there are lineups of teams ready to drop $20 million per year for his services.

Maybe a short term deal for him who knows, really depends what happens with Gasol & Ibaka.

As for Ibaka, Charlotte is an up & coming team that could be in the playoffs picture next season. Ibaka may prefer to stick around T.O or go be with his buddy KD in Brooklyn but if another team offers him one last bigger contract, he is going to take it regardless of their winning position. If NYK offers Freddy close to Max, he is going to say no?! Crazy talk.

Comment

Smith & Jones are talking about how he might be looking for something in politics and when he ready to either stay or leave he'll let everybody know. They talking about it like Masai signed his will with Bobby and Nurse getting locked up

We've been saying that for years, and yet he keeps coming back

And Smith & Jones and all these others pencil necked geeks always wanna plan Masais career. Like next he's supposed to President of Nigeria or Commissioner of NBA Africa or what have you

What if, now hear me out here, as it is a big what if...what if Masai actually just really loves basketball, and there's no better job than running a pro basketball team, and why leave the team that you've invested in, love the city and country, love the staff, and your bosses leave you the hell alone?

Maybe just maybe there is no big grand plan to be the Ruler Of The World and he just wants to run a basketball team and help Africa, and theres no better city/staff/bosses/friends than there is in Toronto.

You treat an executive President well, and he was no reason to leave. Why are we so sure Masai will be any different than the other big names in the NBA exec world?

Current tenures:
                              Danny Ainge - 17 years as Celtics exec
                              RC Buford - 23 years, Spurs
                              Pat Riley - 25 years, Heat
                              Larry Bird - 17 years , Pacers
                              Sam Presti - 13 years, Sonics/Thunder
                              Bob Myers - 9 years, Warriors
                              Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Sep 17, 2020, 03:06 PM.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

We've been saying that for years, and yet he keeps coming back
                                Its a Raptors thing. Always gotta think of the worst. Masai has said many times he loves Toronto. Masai made the Raptors a first class organization. Until news comes out Masai is actually leaving to pursue something elsewhere, I'm gonna continue to think he is staying. I don't see him going to be a GM or President of another team.
                                Last edited by A.I; Thu Sep 17, 2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X