Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Man, if Jimmy Buckets would have just chosen to come here ....
    Totally. He is a Type of Player that would thrive on Nurse’s plethora of defensive schemes.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I don't know, there's always 1-2 of those "supposed to be good next year" teams that end up underperforming, running into injuries, etc. The Raptors are a known quantity and will be good next year, if a bit thinner. I do think they have plenty of room for moderate improvement - Siakam is hopefully better, Fred's not done developing yet, Norm can be better (maybe FT starter), TD has tons of room to grow, Thomas, Boucher, Paul Watson...lots of room in the depth part of the rotation for guys to step up and become the next Siakam/Fred/Norm pieces for the Raptors. And OG! OG is just getting started man.
      I'm definitely most excited and curious to see what OG and Davis can become. Both are just dripping with potential.

I thought this year was going to be OG's coming out party, and in some senses maybe it was, but he's still got another level to reach. Maybe a couple more even.

And Davis has Starter level PG written all over him, and maybe even more in time, I think.

Comment

• Didnt really watch much Clips this post season, but first reaction Harrell would be a hell of a move. Maybe some question marks defensively, but hes got the mobility and intensity to thrive with Nurse and co. Hes basically what you wish RHJ could be, and I like Rondae, but hes just too matchup dependent with his offensive deficiencies. Harrell can do a lot offensively, and though you don’t run the offense through him, he can certainly be an X factor. This would be a move that gets me excited.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I'm definitely most excited and curious to see what OG and Davis can become. Both are just dripping with potential.

I thought this year was going to be OG's coming out party, and in some senses maybe it was, but he's still got another level to reach. Maybe a couple more even.

And Davis has Starter level PG written all over him, and maybe even more in time, I think.
          Totally agree those are two to watch. Really curious to see what skills they develop.

Am I the only one who sees Davis more as a wing? Not to say he cant ever handle or run a PnR, but he seems more like the prospect we wanted TRoss to be - the pure athlete who can drive downhill with vengence but also an unconscious flamethrower from deep.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            Am I the only one who sees Davis more as a wing? Not to say he cant ever handle or run a PnR, but he seems more like the prospect we wanted TRoss to be - the pure athlete who can drive downhill with vengence but also an unconscious flamethrower from deep.
            I think Davis is perfect at PG, with minutes at the 2, mainly because of his size more than anything, and believing that he can develop more a more consistent distribution game, while maintaining his bowling ball / deep shots combo. Imagine him just burning into the lane and finding the right pass every time. It'll make hitting those shots in the lane that much more easy for him as well.

Comment

• Harrell feels overrated and undersized to me... He's 6'7... he can't shoot the 3...
              Like career average 10% cannot shoot the three...

He reminds me too much of Kenneth Faried ... and no, it's not just the hair.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Harrell feels overrated and undersized to me... He's 6'7... he can't shoot the 3...
                Like career average 10% cannot shoot the three...

He reminds me too much of Kenneth Faried ... and no, it's not just the hair.
                Harrell got exposed at the very worst time. He's an undersized center who's mediocre on defense, was part of the reason Denver turned it around and steamrolled the Clippers and now he wants to get paid? Not good timing at all and I bet he wishes he was hitting the market last off-season.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Totally. He is a Type of Player that would thrive on Nurse’s plethora of defensive schemes.
                  Would he have assimilated though? The Raptors are about the collective, not about the individual. He blames everyone else for his troubles in all his other stops. He's had a quiet year in Miami on this front but I don't trust it lasts forever.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Would he have assimilated though? The Raptors are about the collective, not about the individual. He blames everyone else for his troubles in all his other stops. He's had a quiet year in Miami on this front but I don't trust it lasts forever.
                    For sure. Butler raves about the 'practically militant' Miami team culture - he loves discipline, hard work and professionalism. Sounds just like the Raptors culture. Secondly, one of his best NBA buddy's is Lowry, who is the leader of our collective. Thirdly... it WAS everyone else's fault in all of Butler's other stops. Every team he played for achieved their recent peak with him and got worse when he left.

Butler is all about winning.... whatever it takes. So is Masai. So is Nurse. So is Lowry. Seems like a perfect fit to me.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I'm trying to figure out what those other levels would be for OG. His defense is there every night so really we are talking about his offense. Perhaps his role expands as the vets are phased out, but he's definitely taking a back seat to Pascal and Freddy. I'd like to see him get a few more shots a game.

I loved Davis at the start of the season and he has a lot of potential. The more I see him on the court though, the more I see a certain knuckle-headedness from him. He has a bit of maturing to do as a player, but all the talent is there fo sho.

Comment

Harrell got exposed at the very worst time. He's an undersized center who's mediocre on defense, was part of the reason Denver turned it around and steamrolled the Clippers and now he wants to get paid? Not good timing at all and I bet he wishes he was hitting the market last off-season.
                        He just won the 6th man award. This is a great time for him to hit the market and possibly find a starting role with another team.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm trying to figure out what those other levels would be for OG. His defense is there every night so really we are talking about his offense. Perhaps his role expands as the vets are phased out, but he's definitely taking a back seat to Pascal and Freddy. I'd like to see him get a few more shots a game.

I loved Davis at the start of the season and he has a lot of potential. The more I see him on the court though, the more I see a certain knuckle-headedness from him. He has a bit of maturing to do as a player, but all the talent is there fo sho.
                          We also saw certain knuckle-headedness from some of our championship vets in the bubble. We're also seeing a lot of teams trusting their young players with important minutes and living with the rookie mistakes. Interesting that there isn't a sports term for 'veteran mistakes'.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He just won the 6th man award. This is a great time for him to hit the market and possibly find a starting role with another team.
                            I don't care what regular season tokens he earned but that's just me. No one who wants to win is paying that man. They would have needed to totally ignore the playoffs. This was his moment to shine and he fucked up badly. He lost some serious money, I think.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

For sure. Butler raves about the 'practically militant' Miami team culture - he loves discipline, hard work and professionalism. Sounds just like the Raptors culture. Secondly, one of his best NBA buddy's is Lowry, who is the leader of our collective. Thirdly... it WAS everyone else's fault in all of Butler's other stops. Every team he played for achieved their recent peak with him and got worse when he left.

Butler is all about winning.... whatever it takes. So is Masai. So is Nurse. So is Lowry. Seems like a perfect fit to me.
                              You don't know that, you weren't there. Time will tell.

Comment

I don't care what regular season tokens he earned but that's just me. No one who wants to win is paying that man. They would have needed to totally ignore the playoffs. This was his moment to shine and he fucked up badly. He lost some serious money, I think.
                                His grandmother who he was really close with passed away and he left the bubble for about a week to grieve. His terrible play in the playoffs could be because of that. Lots of pressure to suite up and play. I don't think he should have if his mind wasn't right.

Comment

Working...
                                X