Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

There is two options, either blow up the entire team and rebuild with doc,lenard and george (as they traded everything for those two players), or trade george to recoup some assets.
    I think they have to trade George if they can. And talk to Kawhi about it first to see if he's fine with it. The problem with George's contract is that he could be an expiring. He has a player option for 2021.

The Raptors could almost take advantage. S&T Serge + Stanley + McCaw + protected pick for George. Seems like a really low ball deal considering what they paid to get him.. but if the team chemistry is chaotic right now with him in the fold.. might be advantageous for them to just get rid of him, and bring in a high character guy like Serge to help right the ship a bit.

George is still a good player. Just not a superstar. We let him opt out in 2021 and then just let him walk. The only loss might be a protected pick that we never give up to make this deal happen.

If he opts in, then we'll lose our max slot in free agency. So would have to flip him to some other team which may be tough to do, especially if George continues to unravel in the playoffs again. I'm talking myself out of this pretty quickly lol.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

WCJ has another team option year (4th year of rookie deal) left for the 2021-22 season. Not expiring. But I have heard the same thing as Keon, that he might be on the outs in CHI. Seems silly of them but NBA teams are silly all the time.
      If he was traded, would the team acquiring him get the team option as well? If so, I thought whoever acquired him would have to pay him for the next season (2020-2021), but be free to let him go in the 2021-2022 season, making it expiring at the end of next season (unless the team exercised the option); but sounds like it doesn't work like that. Either way it looks like he wouldn't consume much of the 2021/2022 cap, so it could be a good pickup.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think they have to trade George if they can. And talk to Kawhi about it first to see if he's fine with it. The problem with George's contract is that he could be an expiring. He has a player option for 2021.

The Raptors could almost take advantage. S&T Serge + Stanley + McCaw + protected pick for George. Seems like a really low ball deal considering what they paid to get him.. but if the team chemistry is chaotic right now with him in the fold.. might be advantageous for them to just get rid of him, and bring in a high character guy like Serge to help right the ship a bit.

George is still a good player. Just not a superstar. We let him opt out in 2021 and then just let him walk. The only loss might be a protected pick that we never give up to make this deal happen.

If he opts in, then we'll lose our max slot in free agency. So would have to flip him to some other team which may be tough to do, especially if George continues to unravel in the playoffs again. I'm talking myself out of this pretty quickly lol.

that would be disgusting LOOOOL

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

There is two options, either blow up the entire team and rebuild with doc,lenard and george (as they traded everything for those two players), or trade george to recoup some assets.
          its going to be interesting... ultimately if they are smart they will rebuild and ship george... to recoup costs.. but I think they will fall into the sunk cost fallacy.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

If he was traded, would the team acquiring him get the team option as well? If so, I thought whoever acquired him would have to pay him for the next season (2020-2021), but be free to let him go in the 2021-2022 season, making it expiring at the end of next season (unless the team exercised the option); but sounds like it doesn't work like that. Either way it looks like he wouldn't consume much of the 2021/2022 cap, so it could be a good pickup.
            Team option would need to be picked up by the end of this offseason or you are right, it can be an expiring deal. But no way would any team do that - if you trade for a guy on his rookie scale deal, you want to keep him on it, no question.

It's about 7M of the cap, which is not insignificant, but still leaves somewhere in the 15M range to offer Lowry (or someone else) which is a far more palatable cheap year than the minimum they could afford if they keep FVV.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

WCJ has another team option year (4th year of rookie deal) left for the 2021-22 season. Not expiring. But I have heard the same thing as Keon, that he might be on the outs in CHI. Seems silly of them but NBA teams are silly all the time.
              He needs to stay on the court. Two seasons in and he’s missed significant time with injuries. This is a big year for him.

I do think the Bulls let Donovan see what he can get out of that group before they trade guys.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I do not think kawhi will be ok with a George trade. If he had doubt in our team in repeating, he for sure not ok with the clippers without george. Also as you mentioned, his playoff performances and the fact that George is basically on an expiring, his value is even lower than when he was traded from Indiana (olidipo and prospect (sabonis)). I was more thinking of a sign and trade fred instead of Serge since I think George can replace fred position. So fred,maccaw,and stan and maybe a pick for george. Now if george plays out of his mind with us and we are very competitive next year, if he still leaves next season then we will be in play for those big name free agents and probably in a better position to attract those players, if he decides to stay, we can still use him part of a sign and trade for a giannis, pretty sure the bucks would be ok with a george for a giannis sign and trade. Now if he also sucks with us , those options are still available to us, use him in a sign and trade if he doesn't leave, if he does then we are still in play for those free agents.

Comment

• I read the tweet but I think the Clippers are more saying George isn't Kawhi-enough to be given the special Kawhi treatment rather than they think they're on the same level. You would have had the same issue here if Pascal wanted to load manage with Kawhi and take 1/3 of the season off. You couldn't force Kyle to take games off

Comment

• It's like Draymond and Durrant on GS, with George and I'm assuming Beveryly/Harrel. They're not gonna take any shit from him and probably think they would be fine without PG on the roster.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      It's like Draymond and Durrant on GS, with George and I'm assuming Beveryly/Harrel. They're not gonna take any shit from him and probably think they would be fine without PG on the roster.
                      Except its Paul George.
                      Six time All Star.
                      Five time All NBA selection. First team in 2019.
                      Four time All NBA defensive team.. Twice on the first team.
                      And USA National Team Player.

And the villians in the play are the dime a dozen guys like Montrez Harell and Patrick Beverly.
                      Harell wins first team "yell and flex" after several meaningless dunks in mid season.
                      Beverly wins .. well .. nothing.
                      Its Jerry West in the GM chair in Clipperland...not a TMZ reporter.

So look for Harrell to walk and not be missed and be replaced by a mid level exception. Patrick Bererly can be realistically be replaced with a summer league guy. I mean.. what does this guy have thats vital to a wing centric offense ?

Its the summer long bbq of the Clips for not getting it done.
                      Its deserved.
                      But with no options in the draft or cap space going forward .. the Clips roll it back without a couple of hangers on in Harrell and Beverly.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Except its Paul George.
                        Six time All Star.
                        Five time All NBA selection. First team in 2019.
                        Four time All NBA defensive team.. Twice on the first team.
                        And USA National Team Player.

And the villians in the play are the dime a dozen guys like Montrez Harell and Patrick Beverly.
                        Harell wins first team "yell and flex" after several meaningless dunks in mid season.
                        Beverly wins .. well .. nothing.
                        Its Jerry West in the GM chair in Clipperland...not a TMZ reporter.

So look for Harrell to walk and not be missed and be replaced by a mid level exception. Patrick Bererly can be realistically be replaced with a summer league guy. I mean.. what does this guy have thats vital to a wing centric offense ?

Its the summer long bbq of the Clips for not getting it done.
                        Its deserved.
                        But with no options in the draft or cap space going forward .. the Clips roll it back without a couple of hangers on in Harrell and Beverly.
                        Draymond is certainly more decorated and valued by GS, but Pat Bev. and Harrel play very much the role of the leaders/loud mouths for their squad. They have the respect of the locker room which I don't believe George has...similar to Durrant.

Comment

• I think the PG hate has swung a little too far. Sure, he sucks when it matters, but he's a great player and people are talking about him as if he's not a top 20 player.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            I think the PG hate has swung a little too far. Sure, he sucks when it matters, but he's a great player and people are talking about him as if he's not a top 20 player.
                            He's not.

Kawhi
                            LeBron
                            KD
                            AD
                            Curry
                            Klay
                            Luka
                            Butler
                            Tatum
                            Harden
                            Giannis
                            Dame
                            Embiid
                            Simmons
                            Booker
                            Jokic
                            Murray
                            Mitchell
                            Towns
                            Lowry
                            Bam
                            Paul

.....are all better. I'm sure i'm missing a couple more names.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Draymond is certainly more decorated and valued by GS, but Pat Bev. and Harrel play very much the role of the leaders/loud mouths for their squad. They have the respect of the locker room which I don't believe George has...similar to Durrant.
                              Leadership mouths and Locker room respect AND $2.77 get you a coffee at Starbucks.

If West is so inclined he can easily cut out the white noise of Harrell and Beverly and replace them with marginally better or worse players that don't bring media shit these guys do. If they don't want to be there... that can be accomodated.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• If I'm the raptors..I try explore trade with Indiana for Victor Oladipo..especially if Indina hires one of raptors assistant as coach..maybe they take some raptor players that the assistant coach likes..Norm Powell,Patrick McCaw and Stanley Johnson(opts in for year) and 1st rd pick..all these guys have one year left like Oladipo..Indiana ain't gonna keep Oladipo,this way they get first plus norm and other player,roll of dice...Honestly think it's 2 move on from Norm..
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X