Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    If I'm the raptors..I try explore trade with Indiana for Victor Oladipo..especially if Indina hires one of raptors assistant as coach..maybe they take some raptor players that the assistant coach likes..Norm Powell,Patrick McCaw and Stanley Johnson(opts in for year) and 1st rd pick..all these guys have one year left like Oladipo..Indiana ain't gonna keep Oladipo,this way they get first plus norm and other player,roll of dice...Honestly think it's 2 move on from Norm..
    Is Indiana rebuilding or are they trying to be competitive next year? If I am Indiana, would rather have Oladipo instead of Norm and roster fillers, and that pick is 29th overall, pretty sure Indiana can get a better pick for Oladipo. Saying that, if Indiana says yes to that trade i'm all for it.

Comment

• I forget how to post photos but theres an apparent leaked photo of new jersey

same arrow design but red jersey, black arrow, red letters on arrow

looks meh. The red and white is a lot better imo

Comment

• The only reason to hate Paul George is he looks too much like a certain mascot that used to hang around the Raptors when it was the fashionable thing to do.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          I forget how to post photos but theres an apparent leaked photo of new jersey

same arrow design but red jersey, black arrow, red letters on arrow

looks meh. The red and white is a lot better imo

First reaction was ewww. May look better on a player though. The red is too red, and the chevron doesn't seem right with that colour combination. But I'm no fashion expert.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

First reaction was ewww. May look better on a player though. The red is too red, and the chevron doesn't seem right with that colour combination. But I'm no fashion expert.
            Imagine if the numbers were reverse..Giannis....
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I'm just tired of them constantly playing around with the jersey, but whatever. Evidently if you're not a legacy franchise, this is what you get at this point.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I'm just tired of them constantly playing around with the jersey, but whatever. Evidently if you're not a legacy franchise, this is what you get at this point.
                That thing looks like a backyard Value Village practice jersey. Smfh.

I'm a HUGE fan of the red and white North jerseys. They won the chip wearing those. Why not just bring it back and change the word North with Raptors? easy.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I really have no idea why anyone really wants Oladipo. He's a average NBA starter who had one really good season where he played 75 games, he's 28 years old, never played a whole season. I mean he's a good player, but certainly not 1st tier star.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                    I really have no idea why anyone really wants Oladipo. He's a average NBA starter who had one really good season where he played 75 games, he's 28 years old, never played a whole season. I mean he's a good player, but certainly not 1st tier star.
                    During his best year, he played like a top 15 player. People thought he still had room to improve.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                      I really have no idea why anyone really wants Oladipo. He's a average NBA starter who had one really good season where he played 75 games, he's 28 years old, never played a whole season. I mean he's a good player, but certainly not 1st tier star.
                      Yeah, Oladipo's problematic for those reasons. Raptors are more or less in the same position as pre-Kawhi - they make a next step at this point by adding a legit, top 10 type guy who can be the best player on a championship team. Anything short of that and you're probably just treading water.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yeah, Oladipo's problematic for those reasons. Raptors are more or less in the same position as pre-Kawhi - they make a next step at this point by adding a legit, top 10 type guy who can be the best player on a championship team. Anything short of that and you're probably just treading water.
                        Treading water was our exact strategy that led to said championship. Always improve and upgrade your assets. For both a) when the star player does arrive, you have a ready made supporting cast to win NOW (see 2019) not trying to piece it on the fly like we see with Clippers, Nets, etc.. and b) those quality assets can be flipped for the star player in a trade (again, see 2019)

People probably said the same thing about trading for Ibaka in 2016 (Why bother, it's not like he's the answer to get us to a championship). Every piece to the puzzle along the way matters. Like Oladipo, a strong 2 way player, definitely an upgrade on Powell or FVV.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Treading water was our exact strategy that led to said championship. Always improve and upgrade your assets. For both a) when the star player does arrive, you have a ready made supporting cast to win NOW (see 2019) not trying to piece it on the fly like we see with Clippers, Nets, etc.. and b) those quality assets can be flipped for the star player in a trade (again, see 2019)

People probably said the same thing about trading for Ibaka in 2016 (Why bother, it's not like he's the answer to get us to a championship). Every piece to the puzzle along the way matters. Like Oladipo, a strong 2 way player, definitely an upgrade on Powell or FVV.
                          That's what I'm hoping for somehow this off season. Get better even if you're not landing the big fish yet. Otherwise, slip back to 4-6 in the East and look even less attractive to a 2021 FA

And enough with the jersey parade. Might as well make one out of fleece and complete the irony.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Sure, I'm assuming Oladipo eliminates 2021 cap space and takes potential for a FA signing off the table. I'd rather try to keep that door open if possible than make a move for a player like Oladipo.

Comment

• Trading for Oladipo makes very little sense, far less sense than just treating him as a backup plan for your 2021 cap room if you don't get Giannis.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Honestly it's not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X