No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidently they're considering Lue, D'Antoni and Cassell.

Comment

• Doc is supposed to be a koombaya guy at least, some strengths as a coach but he clearly couldn't make that locker room work. Not sure another guy would have fared much better, maybe prime Phil Jackson the ego whisperer.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

My crazy Indy-Raps trade proposal:

Fred SnT with his starting salary at 24.9M (so an AAV between 23 and 27M), Powell, McCaw and Stanley Johnson (plus our 2021 1st) for Oladipo and Turner.

Just barely works for salary matching, just keeps Indy under the tax, just not sure it provides enough value for Indy, depends on what the market is like for the C trapped behind Sabonis and Dipo with all his injuries.
        I think that's good value for Indy. What's going on with Oladipo now has shades of the Kawhi situation on his last year with the Spurs: Star with an injury history, looking to move on, with only 1 year left on the deal (which makes their team risking losing them for nothing in Free Agency the year after, and only being a rental to whoever gets them). All of that lowers the trade value, which is how we managed to get Kawhi.

The difference is Oladipo is nowhere near the level of Kawhi, and Indy is also very tight fo salary and looking to shed, both of which would at least in theory make the value lower as well. That's two young rotation players of a championship team (FVV & Norm) for a star who is banged up, wanting to move on, and will be a rental to whoever gets him. If I'm Indy I'd take that deal and run even without the pick tbh, I don't think they'd get a whole lot more value back under the circumstances.

Both rosters would be balanced after that trade too. Pacers would have FVV at the point and 6'5" Brogdon playing SG which is also a natural position for him, with Norm off the bench. That's a great backcourt they can built around with everyone around the same age. For the Raps, we get depth at C (which we need), and a pretty elite backcourt of Lowry & Oladipo, with more length and athleticism. You add Siakam and that's 3 all-star caliber players, two of which (plus Masai) with an offcourt Africa connection. Pretty solid bulit-in pitch for Giannis right there.

The only unknown is Dipo's health, but hey, we took that gamble before and it ended up with a championship parade...
        Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Sep 28, 2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Do it. Don't roll it back .....

Comment

• Why in the world would FVV want to play in Indiana on a team that is stuck in the middle of the conference?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Why in the world would FVV want to play in Indiana on a team that is stuck in the middle of the conference?
              He might sign up for a 1A role. Guys always think they'll make the team they're going to better.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Why in the world would FVV want to play in Indiana on a team that is stuck in the middle of the conference?
                My guess is if Fred wants to secure the bag and also the term (assuming Toronto won't give we he wants), then Indiana would be better team from a competitive stand point than any other lottery teams like New York or Detroit.

Comment

Yep, no point fantasizing a SnT when you have no clue where Fred wants to go. Would be interested to know how much more than Powell plus a pick you have to give up for Dipo. Theres reason to believe hes not coming back from his injuries.

If he leaves, wouldnt be surprised if it ends in a SnT. Hes going to want to be a high paid starter on a good team and hes actually an awsome pg on a team with a superstar wing creating the offense. Most of those teams are capped out.
                  Last edited by DogeLover1234; Mon Sep 28, 2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

He might sign up for a 1A role. Guys always think they'll make the team they're going to better.
                    Yeah, Fred already won. Right now he's likely looking for 2 things
                    1. Long term contract at a high value
                    2. Be the starting PG somewhere, so he can continue to bet on himself and help a team take the next step, even if it's a middle of the road (like Indy) or bad team (like Bulls/Pistons/Knicks)

Comment

• Remeber when Doc left the celtics cause he didnt want a rebuild?
                      Celtics have been to 3 ECF and Doc has blown two 3-1 leads.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

The only teams with cap space to sign him are lottery teams.

Comment

Money. He is likely going to get a big contract and if any team is going to pay him big money, it will be a mediocre team. He has bet on himself since he came into the league, I think he'll want as much money as possible from his next contract.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Money. He is likely going to get a big contract and if any team is going to pay him big money, it will be a mediocre team. He has bet on himself since he came into the league, I think he'll want as much money as possible from his next contract.
                            But isn’t Indiana one of the cheaper teams? Why would they want to throw money at FVV, who is a lesser version of Brogdon?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

But isn’t Indiana one of the cheaper teams? Why would they want to throw money at FVV, who is a lesser version of Brogdon?
                              Well its speculation and a S&T is unlikely since the Pacers and Fred would have to agree on it. They may not even want him, but if they are looking to trade Oladipo, I'd say Fred would be a good return.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Remeber when Doc left the celtics cause he didnt want a rebuild?
                                Celtics have been to 3 ECF and Doc has blown two 3-1 leads.
                                Doc has always been overrated in my eyes. He is a decent coach, but not in the upper echelon of coaches. He won a championship with the big 3 of Pierce, KG and Allen. Couldn't get the Clippers with CP3 and Griffin over the hump and now had a disappointing end with the last Finals MVP on his team.

Comment

Working...
                                X