Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Talk about a straw man opinion, hope that rant helps you feel better as I don't see anyone saying that at all.
    I'm sure what we say here doesn't exactly spur Masai to action so not sure why varying opinions seem to offend you.

I trust Masai to make all the right moves that are available to him and I'm sure he will. I hope that somehow includes changes to include to starting unit but ymmv, no need to act as if your somehow a better fan than the many who don't fully understand capology.

Your entire post stinks of sarcastic elitism.
    lol at you, chastising an unnamed contingent of the board as being happy to revert to treadmill status while espousing insanely myopic and short-sighted thinking, calling that post elitist.

it was dripping in sarcasm though, you're right about that

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

cali tax is worse
      I took it as a reference to a Canadian penalty not directly a tax

Comment

Good point, I'm sure to plays a role but you hope a chip winning team in a major city with this coach and management would at least drop the tax a few percent
        We can hope but so far it didn't
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Thanks for the memories Marc and good luck in your pseudo-retirement. I think your timing is perfect for both sides.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

We can hope but so far it didn't
            Evidently the test of that comes in 2021

Comment

• Jeeesh am I the only one going through NBA withdrawal? I was checking this site a million times a day during Raps-Celtics now I'm like, yo the draft isn't until November WTF am I going to do and talk about for the next while.

Comment

• Some reports Doc Rivers is already in Philly and will be hired there. I don't think he's the guy to solve the Simmons/Embiid fit problem. They'll waste another season then maybe finally move someone next summer. Let's say the Raptors whiff on FA's - you ever offer Philly a package for one of their stars?
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  Jeeesh am I the only one going through NBA withdrawal? I was checking this site a million times a day during Raps-Celtics now I'm like, yo the draft isn't until November WTF am I going to do and talk about for the next while.
                  I'm not hype about these Finals at all lmao
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Some reports Doc Rivers is already in Philly and will be hired there. I don't think he's the guy to solve the Simmons/Embiid fit problem. They'll waste another season then maybe finally move someone next summer. Let's say the Raptors whiff on FA's - you ever offer Philly a package for one of their stars?
                    I'd go after either of them easily. Despite all the baggage, Embiid has been a top 6 or 7 guy in terms of impact and on/off stats over the past couple years. Simmons is probably the best perimeter defender in the league and he can break down a defence with ease.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I'd go after either of them easily. Despite all the baggage, Embiid has been a top 6 or 7 guy in terms of impact and on/off stats over the past couple years. Simmons is probably the best perimeter defender in the league and he can break down a defence with ease.
                      I am not convinced that Joel "No Cardio" Embiid has the drive to match his talent. Maybe Raptors Culture would take care of his inability to get himself into shape but still count me a little skeptical on this guy. To me, judge and jury of one, he isn't mentally tough enough.

Simmons for all his talent still can't shoot yet. It may change. But its now year 4 and he is like a 10$ off coupon on the purchase of your next Mercedes from behing the arc. Something but really nothing. But of the two.. this to me would be the guy.

I like Brandon Ingram as he can get his own shot in the half court. He is low maintenance. We didn't have a guy like that and it sure showed against the Chowders. Our offense needs a little more octane in the playoffs. Maybe Pascal finds that gear in his next step....but if Gale Benson in Nawlins cheaps out and won't match Ingrams RFA number then thats something that I would be pretty damn happy about if it came to be. Lowry will make it crystal clear Brandon knows he will play defense on every play.

I also think our next backcourt PG of the future needs to be taller. Freddy is dynamite but its hard for him inside. I believe 100% that we resign FVV. but would love to see Ujiri get a 6' 4" guard to add into the mix for a succession plan. If the Knicks somehow move up or manage to get Lamello Ball as this years saviour perhaps one last fleecing of Dolan for RJ Barrett (who has fallen from grace as last years saviour) and get him out of Stalag 13 would be a play. An expensive play but a good play none the less.

All comments are paid for by the DS SWAG* Foundation and I endorse these messages.

*Scientific Wild Ass Guess
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

I'd give pretty much anything for Gobert if we could get him this summer. Whatever it takes, really.
                        I dunno about that but he's not a bad backup plan in 2021.

Could though be an option if Utah looks to trade him, maybe a sign and trade option for Serge? Hard to make the numbers work.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Some reports Doc Rivers is already in Philly and will be hired there. I don't think he's the guy to solve the Simmons/Embiid fit problem. They'll waste another season then maybe finally move someone next summer. Let's say the Raptors whiff on FA's - you ever offer Philly a package for one of their stars?
                          Sure. My pet theory is that both guys will eventually move on to better organizations, will have epiphanies and will win titles as key guys. From the outside looking in, you have a loser organization that was built to lose and the players and everyone else has that stink on them. Plus, who is holding them accountable? Who do they respect? Brett Brown? Coach of some of the worst NBA teams ever? A management team dedicated to losing or running fake twitter accounts? All the vets on that team with championship experience? Either guy were to come here and no way Ujiri, Nurse, Lowry, FVV, Pascal, Powell, Ibaka, OG (whoever is left) tolerate Simmons' bullshit refusing to shoot or Embiid showing up out of shape.

As for Rivers, I do think he'll have better luck getting through to those guys but Sixers have issues way beyond coaching.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Simmons leading the transition offense with Siakam and OG on the wings would be pretty amazing I would imagine. I think he would give us a pretty clear edge over Boston and a real good shot at defending KD on the perimeter when he returns to the Nets. Likely we would have to include one of Siakam or OG in any trade package to Philly for Simmons though

Comment

• Doc Rivers is going to Philly and Lue will go to the Clippers leaving D'Antoni as the odd man out for now. Old white coaches lives don't matter.

I'd like to see someone give Sam Cassell (currently with the Clippers) a shot and stop the rotating coach madness.
                              It worked with Nick Nurse.

Comment

Doc Rivers is going to Philly and Lue will go to the Clippers leaving D'Antoni as the odd man out for now. Old white coaches lives don't matter.

I'd like to see someone give Sam Cassell (currently with the Clippers) a shot and stop the rotating coach madness.
                                It worked with Nick Nurse.
                                Are either of those things true or speculation?
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X