• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is hilarious man.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Much better fit for Philly, than D'Antonni. You can draw some similarities with the players they have to Doc's Celtics.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Much better fit for Philly, than D'Antonni. You can draw some similarities with the players they have to Doc's Celtics.
        I was interested to see what D'Antoni might do to make the talent work. He's not actually a Phil Jackson type coming in and forcing the triangle on everybody, D'Antoni made major changes to get the most out of his stars - and goes outside the box and takes risks most coaches don't take to do that. How would a guy like that make Simmons/Embiid work? Could have been interesting.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I was interested to see what D'Antoni might do to make the talent work. He's not actually a Phil Jackson type coming in and forcing the triangle on everybody, D'Antoni made major changes to get the most out of his stars - and goes outside the box and takes risks most coaches don't take to do that. How would a guy like that make Simmons/Embiid work? Could have been interesting.
          That teams so interesting cause I could see either of those guys being legit MVP candidates one year if the roster + coach were built around them, problem is thats not Philly and never will be while they are on the same team. Maybe Doc can give that team some direction, otherwise they are just a collection of talent. In hindsight its wild that Lowry really have no teams chasing him last time he was a FA. Sounded like he wanted to exploe options, and man a lot of his likely destinations coulda used him

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Definitely would have been interesting...like it would have had to been wild to run his philosophies on offense with those players. I just don't think that their management can afford to experiment with the pressure mounting to deliver.

In the end Doc was probably the safest choice here and really Brett Brown hasn't set a high bar in terms of expectations for this team. They were pretty underwhelming this season.

Comment

• The Sixers have a traditional roster with a big man being the focal point. I think Doc will be a good coach for this team. He knows 90's/2000's ball and how to utilize that roster.

Comment

• Would you ?

https://twitter.com/dunkbait/status/...312808961?s=21

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Would you ?

https://twitter.com/dunkbait/status/...312808961?s=21

Buddy is older then everyone thought and has been a trouble at time for the kings but he would be worth taking a shot at for some teams. Think he just got the kings to overpay him tho at 20 something a year starting next year so i dunno who would take the risk.
                  We are debating keeping FVV at the price tag Buddy is getting next year and fred is a much better player
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• How about Kelly Olynyk as the backup big on a 1-yr overpay deal?

Comment

• Looks like the Pistons aren’t going to make Thon Maker a Free Agent, I think he is worth picking up. Give him a shot in this organization. I bet we could get more out of him.

He looks like he regressed in Detroit

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        Looks like the Pistons aren’t going to make Thon Maker a Free Agent, I think he is worth picking up. Give him a shot in this organization. I bet we could get more out of him.

He looks like he regressed in Detroit
                        ARE or AREN'T?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          How about Kelly Olynyk as the backup big on a 1-yr overpay deal?
                          Question is what qualifies as a one year overpay, and what else the Raps do. If Fred is back, or generally if they operate above the cap, the biggest overpay they can do is about 9M with the MLE. I suppose if his market is more minimum salary than MLE that could work.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            How about Kelly Olynyk as the backup big on a 1-yr overpay deal?
                            I bet Kelly Olynyk is more frustrating than fun when he's actually on your team, but I'm mostly talking out of my ass on this one.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Buddy is older then everyone thought and has been a trouble at time for the kings but he would be worth taking a shot at for some teams. Think he just got the kings to overpay him tho at 20 something a year starting next year so i dunno who would take the risk.
                              We are debating keeping FVV at the price tag Buddy is getting next year and fred is a much better player
                              But he was the next Steph Curry and is the last man standing from that infamously one sided Boogie Cousins to Nawlins trade
                              So all told in that one sided trade....

Boogie to Nawlins.. and he left for nothing.
                              Omri Casspi to Nawlins.... and he was nothing.. He played one game.. broke his thumb and then was waived.
                              Stellar move by Dell Demps.

The Serbian Dell Demps, one Vlade Divac got
                              • The next Steph Curry in Buddy Hield.. who wants out but makes 22M AAV
                              • Tyreke Evans who left for nothing the following year.
                              • and Langston Galloway who.. .you guessed it.. .left for nothing.
                              • and two picks they parlayed into
                              1. Justin Jackson who is no longer with the team but they did get back Harrison Barnes who would be coming off the bench on a contender.... They started him but now can't quite figure out what to do with him now that they are the proud owners of Marvin Bagley and Bogdon Bogdonovich and ole Buddy at 22M.. .
                              2. Harry Giles who they declined the option on and is UFA
                              3. Frank Mason who is currently in the G League.

And if you ever wonder why Vlade got shit canned this wasn't his defining moment...Nope.. that came when he passed up on Luca Doncic for some inane reason for the dime a dozen Marvin Bagley !!!...
                              Possibly because he was Slovenian

It would be fitting if the Raps picked up Harry Giles for nothing from the Kings to backfill Marc to complete the cycle.
                              To quote my friend Maury I was just talking out of my ass on Buddy who turned out not to be the next Steph Curry but the next Dion Waiters.

The NBA.. nuthin like it.

EDIT... What makes the Kings the Kings was that they had the 10th pick which they traded to Portland for 15 and 20 on draft day.. Still on the board at 10 were two stiffs... Donovan Mitchell and Bam Adebyo who went 13 and 14.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Oct 3, 2020, 10:58 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I bet Kelly Olynyk is more frustrating than fun when he's actually on your team, but I'm mostly talking out of my ass on this one.
                                Olynyk is more fun than frustrating in the playoffs, at least that’s the impression I get from afar. Numbers seem to back it up too. He shows up.

Comment

Working...
                                X