No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im still blaming nurse. Not only did the bench get us to where we were but they got no burn despite 2.5 starters shitting the best during the series. Countless dry spells from deep and our two best deep shooters (thomas and td) were nailed to the bench wtf

If I was TD, bouch or thomas id want out. It must be infuriating to do everything and more thats expected of you then get shunned WHILE your team struggles

maybe I sound like a broken record with this but Im really pissed off. We should be kicking laker ass right now 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Comment

• Its so frustrating because I know this TEAM is better than that

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        Im still blaming nurse. Not only did the bench get us to where we were but they got no burn despite 2.5 starters shitting the best during the series. Countless dry spells from deep and our two best deep shooters (thomas and td) were nailed to the bench wtf

If I was TD, bouch or thomas id want out. It must be infuriating to do everything and more thats expected of you then get shunned WHILE your team struggles

maybe I sound like a broken record with this but Im really pissed off. We should be kicking laker ass right now 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
        Lakers would mop the floor with us. We wouldn't be able to score much. Raptors are who we thought they were.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Im still blaming nurse. Not only did the bench get us to where we were but they got no burn despite 2.5 starters shitting the best during the series. Countless dry spells from deep and our two best deep shooters (thomas and td) were nailed to the bench wtf

lebron would be going to the line 35X a night and Gasol, Serge and Kyle would each be in foul trouble by the first half. The NBA would not let that foreign team win b2b

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

lebron would be going to the line 35X a night and Gasol, Serge and Kyle would each be in foul trouble by the first half. The NBA would not let that foreign team win b2b
            If you really believe the NBA doesn't want Toronto to win and would put the fix in, why are you watching the games and rooting for the Raptors? What's the point?

EDIT: We just won a championship. Stop acting like the NBA is out to get us.
            Last edited by Maury; Wed Oct 7, 2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Not only did the bench get us to where we were but they got no burn despite 2.5 starters shitting the best during the series.
              i don't think this is true... if half the starters were shitting the best i think the offense would've flowed a little more freely; instead they forced the issue.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                It only became a close series because of OG's miracle shot. 99.9% of the time Boston wins that game, and would be up 3-0 in a series. Raptors might get one of those back.. but they would have lost in 4 or 5. It went to game 7 because of OG (and Lowry's) heroics. But the mental fortitude to make it a series would be really tough, even for our beloved Raptors if they had lost that one.
                Sure. And game 2 was a coin toss as well, same for game 6. Game 4 was moderately close but was never closer than a few possessions in the 2nd half. Game 7 went to the wire with the lead being exchanged late in the game.

There were two solidly bad losses. And yeah, in a fictional universe where we lose every close game, yeah, the series is over early. But the series as a whole, in the actual universe, came right down to the wire. Literally all I'm saying.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lakers would mop the floor with us. We wouldn't be able to score much. Raptors are who we thought they were.
                  Strong disagree. Although if Pascal never snapped out of it we'd certainly be in tough. At the least we'd be able to give them real trouble with our own defence. I think we'd have been a tougher out than Miami.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I agree and disagree. I think playing TD would have been smart. I think Thomas showed (and this proved me wrong) that he could be useful as a small minutes bench piece, and maybe it pays off to stretch those minutes a little more. Boucher was a complete disaster when he played and his lineup basically lost game 2 all by itself, though he really shouldn't be playing PF against a small team like Boston, so hardly put in a position to succeed.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Strong disagree. Although if Pascal never snapped out of it we'd certainly be in tough. At the least we'd be able to give them real trouble with our own defence. I think we'd have been a tougher out than Miami.
                      Well, the only win they got was because of a Butler 40 pt triple double, and we don't have anybody that can get a 40 pt triple double. Sure our defense would be better than Miami but we don't have their firepower, we are in the same tier as Miami and Boston, all of us can't beat the Lakers.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Well, the only win they got was because of a Butler 40 pt triple double, and we don't have anybody that can get a 40 pt triple double. Sure our defense would be better than Miami but we don't have their firepower, we are in the same tier as Miami and Boston, all of us can't beat the Lakers.
                        I agree, we don't have that player who can put the team on his shoulders and get tough buckets against elite defenders.

I'm not even sure if we can say going into next season we will continue to be in the same tier as Boston and Miami with Marc all but gone and the status of Serge and FVV up in the air. Boston and Miami's core are young in comparison to ours as well. We need to find Lowry's successor as team leader and all around best player, pronto.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I agree, we don't have that player who can put the team on his shoulders and get tough buckets against elite defenders.

I'm not even sure if we can say going into next season we will continue to be in the same tier as Boston and Miami with Marc all but gone and the status of Serge and FVV up in the air. Boston and Miami's core are young in comparison to ours as well. We need to find Lowry's successor as team leader and all around best player, pronto.
                          At this point (barring whatever magic Masai can perform) I think that we trail both Milwaukee and Boston in the East. Miami may be recency bias. Let's be honest, the Raps over achieved in the regular season and the East is getting stronger not weaker.

Comment

• Brooklyn, Boston and Milwaukee are probably going to be the three teams that the Raptors will have to contend with next season. Miami is going to float around like they did this year, but I'm still not overly impressed with them despite getting to the finals. I don't really see any other team in the East climbing rapidly. Maybe Washington if Wall returns to form, but that's a big if.

Milwaukee is a bit of a wild card.. they could be as good as this year, but I think they make a couple of significant moves this off season to keep Giannis around. Depending on that move, they could get worse.. if they do some panic trade or something.

Comment

Brooklyn, Boston and Milwaukee are probably going to be the three teams that the Raptors will have to contend with next season. Miami is going to float around like they did this year, but I'm still not overly impressed with them despite getting to the finals. I don't really see any other team in the East climbing rapidly. Maybe Washington if Wall returns to form, but that's a big if.

Milwaukee is a bit of a wild card.. they could be as good as this year, but I think they make a couple of significant moves this off season to keep Giannis around. Depending on that move, they could get worse.. if they do some panic trade or something.
                              It's a bit early. We don't know what Philly or Indy are going to do, for example. I am still not sold on Brooklyn until Durant plays some games - there isn't a long track record of success for guys regaining their prior form after that kind of injury - and they need to sort out that roster by moving some of their younger players. I do agree that the top-7 seems pretty much locked in next season (whenever it is) barring something completely unexpected.

Comment

Brooklyn, Boston and Milwaukee are probably going to be the three teams that the Raptors will have to contend with next season. Miami is going to float around like they did this year, but I'm still not overly impressed with them despite getting to the finals. I don't really see any other team in the East climbing rapidly. Maybe Washington if Wall returns to form, but that's a big if.

Miami is a good team, but I think they had the bubble to their advantage. They were the 5th seed I believe, so in a normal setting, they wouldn't have had home court advantage in any of their series, so it benefitted them to play in a neutral setting.

Comment

Working...
                                X