Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    the fact that Masai didn't win Exec of the Year last year is even more of a sham now. Masai got Kawhi, got Gasol, didn't give up picks or any long term team flexibility, wins a championship and doesn't win Exec of the Year lol?
    Masai hasn’t even been a finalist the last 3 years. WTF. This award makes no sense. It wasn’t based on regular season performance. Voters just assumed the Clippers would at least make the WCF, but it’s either supposed to be a regular season award, or a multiple year type recognition. Frank winning is neither.

Even Jon Horst beat out Masai again this year. WTF did he do? Losing Brogdon was his biggest off-season move. And the guy inherited Giannis. Smdh

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

biz would be a good back up
      If we’re going for a one dimensional defensive rim protector, lob threat with no range, then I’d take a flyer on a young, hungry guy like Willie Caulie-Stein over Biz. WCS is hungrier... Biz already got paid.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If we’re going for a one dimensional defensive rim protector, lob threat with no range, then I’d take a flyer on a young, hungry guy like Willie Caulie-Stein over Biz. WCS is hungrier... Biz already got paid.
        Harry Giles. ?

A little more than the job description posted above and a UFA.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Bring back Jak. See if the Spurs want Ibaka and VanVleet. I've put zero thought into contracts or caps, but I demand that Ujiri do this.

Comment

• Oh, and keep Gasol to mentor Jak, and make TDII starting SG. Honestly, unless we land a Kawhi, Giannis or Rudy, that is honestly as good as is gets, plus or minus a bit here and there.

Comment

• What does everyone think Poeltl will get? How big of an offer sheet would it take for the Spurs to walk away? What could the Raptors offer the Spurs to get them to not match?

Ignore the limitations of the max free agent we're dreaming of signing next off season, what does targeting Poeltl look like?

Comment

WCS would be a bit more.. i'd be up for it though or harry giles.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                  What does everyone think Poeltl will get? How big of an offer sheet would it take for the Spurs to walk away? What could the Raptors offer the Spurs to get them to not match?

Ignore the limitations of the max free agent we're dreaming of signing next off season, what does targeting Poeltl look like?
                  too high for retaining our future cap space

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Harry Giles. ?

A little more than the job description posted above and a UFA.
                    Giles would be interesting too. Funny how the Kangz have become the graveyard for promising young big men.

Comment

• If we are replacing both Marc and Serge, I want Giles and Baynes. A young whipper snapper who has something to prove. And a grizzled vet that can defend. Both can space the floor. And both might be cheap (might be able to fit both under the mid-level).

Key to getting Baynes I think is playing time. And I think we could give him that.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                        What does everyone think Poeltl will get? How big of an offer sheet would it take for the Spurs to walk away? What could the Raptors offer the Spurs to get them to not match?

If we're ignoring the max free agent space.. and renounce all our free agent cap holds (including Fred's), we'll have about $90M in salary, which includes our draft pick and empty roster spots. If the cap is at $109M.. we'll have $19M to play with.

If Fred is to be retained, we can go over the cap to sign him, and get the mid-level which will be about $9.5M give or take.

I think the Spurs would match a full mid-level deal for Poelt. They aren't a team that free agents aspire to play for. So they would want to use trades and picks to get better and that means holding on to their resources.

And anything over $10M for a center these days is too much for me. Even though I like Poeltl a lot.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          If we are replacing both Marc and Serge, I want Giles and Baynes. A young whipper snapper who has something to prove. And a grizzled vet that can defend. Both can space the floor. And both might be cheap (might be able to fit both under the mid-level).

Key to getting Baynes I think is playing time. And I think we could give him that.
                          Giles has taken a total of 8 3-pointers for his entire career. 0-8. Not a floor spacer.

Comment

• Here's a good list of free agent centers...

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2020/10...-free-centers/

Comment

Giles has taken a total of 8 3-pointers for his entire career. 0-8. Not a floor spacer.
                              You're right.. why did I think he could shoot? Must have been thinking of someone else then. Ugh.

Comment

Here's a good list of free agent centers...

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2020/10...-free-centers/
                                why Dewan is in noteworthy?
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X