Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

We need a major overhaul, that is if RR forum is interested in surviving. I don't like twitter and my friends don't like hoops so I'm hoping this place bounces back
    We just gotta post through adversity... I say to the man with over 1,000,000 posts. When in doubt, ask yourself what Churchill would do.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      People are reporting that we could potentially play in lousiville next season.
      Lame
      better that then no season, right?

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

That thought crossed my mind too. Nate should bring FVV & Norm with him and send Oladipo & Turner, both of which hinted to be wanting out. Have a pick go on either direction to balance the trade.

Start Lowry-Oladipo-OG-Siakam-Serge and now we've got a lengthier backcourt with everyone capable of shooting and defending well. With ample minutes to TD/Thomas/Turner & Rico Hines Paul Watson off the bench, that's a team with depth to go deep into the playoffs and be ready for Giannis the following season.
        If we have Turner he should 100% be starting over Serge. Frankly if we get Turner I'd be shocked if we signed Serge.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          So Stan Van Gundy gets the nod in New Orleans..... good for Stan.

Some questions in New Orleans....

I'll surface it.... Is Zion Williamson on the verge of being a bust ? He showed up to the bubble play in tourney in Joel Embiid shape, which is to say fat and with no cardio. Was the hype wrong ? Was Ja Morant the get in the draft.

New Orleans has a lot of decisions to make.

Do they stay with Lonzo Ball... ?
          Do they stay with Jrue Holiday ?
          Do they stay with Big Man Derrick Favours ?
          Do they have the money to re-up Brandon Ingram at his max value ?

No
          Yes
          No
          Maybe
          They're in a great position to succeed, but their ability to reach their potential will greatly depend on the the character of their players and willingness to buy into Stan's coaching style. Ingram is the top candidate to clash with the Stan's in your face style of coaching, but lets see how much both have matured.

Zion is looking like he is the furthest thing from a bust, but definitely showed he is lacking the laser focus of a true superstar. He's a rookie in a weird season, so gotta give the young man more time. His career will be tied to his health, so he better get on that.

Yes
          No
          No
          Yes

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

They're in a great position to succeed, but their ability to reach their potential will greatly depend on the the character of their players and willingness to buy into Stan's coaching style. Ingram is the top candidate to clash with the Stan's in your face style of coaching, but lets see how much both have matured.

Zion is looking like he is the furthest thing from a bust, but definitely showed he is lacking the laser focus of a true superstar. He's a rookie in a weird season, so gotta give the young man more time. His career will be tied to his health, so he better get on that.

Yes
            No
            No
            Yes
            Well the NBA went to great lengths to get him into the post season.
            They came up with some arbitrary ad hoc decision to put in teams within 4 games of a PO spot.. Why not 2 ? Why not 5 ?
            That decision put 1 Eastern team in the mix.. the sad sack Whiz... and what 5 teams out west ? Sacto, New Orleans, Phoenix the others i forget.

So they kinda sorta made sure Zion was in the mix... New Orleans had a cupcake schedule... and they busted out. Bad.

Zion looked fat and tired. While he should get a pass for his first year... I have to think that NewOrleans with his injuries, his inability to get to a playing weight that he can sustain a career with and that you can't have a milkshake for breakfast in the NBA as part of a pro's nutrition plan....has to have some attention in the NO front office. If it doesn't .. then Zion isn't the only problem they have.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Oct 22, 2020, 10:57 AM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• It is too early to label Zion as anything but I have been skeptical since Duke and that won't change for me until I see him play regular minutes over a full NBA schedule.

Not sure about the SVG hiring but he will definitely have them properly organized on both ends and their defense, which was atrocious, will be better. Still be in tough to make the playoffs out west.

Comment

• I was just reading on realgm that Indiana offered Dipo a 4 year, $80M extension but talks fell apart. I'm guessing he wants a max or near max and they weren't willing to risk it with his injuries. Likely why he wants out of Indiana.

Comment

I was just reading on realgm that Indiana offered Dipo a 4 year, $80M extension but talks fell apart. I'm guessing he wants a max or near max and they weren't willing to risk it with his injuries. Likely why he wants out of Indiana.
                  There's a pretty wide gulf between 20M and Oladipo's max (5 years with full Bird raises would average 38M, even with the cap staying flat at 109M).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

There's a pretty wide gulf between 20M and Oladipo's max (5 years with full Bird raises would average 38M, even with the cap staying flat at 109M).
                    20M is FVV/Brogdon money, possibly less. Not sure exactly what Dipo is asking for but I think that offer may have soured the relationship with Indiana a bit. Having said that they probably have the most insight in his injuries so this could be a big warning to other teams.

Comment

20M is FVV/Brogdon money, possibly less. Not sure exactly what Dipo is asking for but I think that offer may have soured the relationship with Indiana a bit. Having said that they probably have the most insight in his injuries so this could be a big warning to other teams.
                      There always seems to be whispers around the Pacers ownership and contract negotations... even with coaches. There was a report the Pacers extended Nate McMillan and a week or 2 later, they fired him. Then there was a report from Jackie McMullen that Larry Bird left the organization because ownership wouldn't pay players. Sabonis' extension was done right at the eleventh hour with reports that he might want out.

I wonder how much Nate Bjorkgren is getting? Wouldn't surprise me if he's the lowest paid coach in the NBA.

Comment

• Report: Amar'e Stoudemire joining Nets as Steve Nash's assistant coach

and Stan Van Gundy is signing with the Pels

Comment

• Looks like plan A is a Dec 22nd start for next season. Not confirmed yet but that's the NBA's goal right now.

Will need to be firmed up by mid next week to give the players the promised 8 weeks notice, so we should have a pretty clear idea of the next season really soon.

I imagine cap numbers will be coming soon too.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Looks like plan A is a Dec 22nd start for next season. Not confirmed yet but that's the NBA's goal right now.

Will need to be firmed up by mid next week to give the players the promised 8 weeks notice, so we should have a pretty clear idea of the next season really soon.

I imagine cap numbers will be coming soon too.
                            Will the border be open by Dec. 22? Seems pretty unlikely at this point.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Will the border be open by Dec. 22? Seems pretty unlikely at this point.
                              Louisville raptors
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Louisville raptors
                                They said no to Louisville.
                                Ain’t happenin.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.spor...-talks/sn-amp/

Comment

Working...
                                X