No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the various rapid antigen detection tests pan out, it shouldn't be such a big deal to test a few professional team's planes every week and quarantine them to one hotel while they're in town

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Looks like plan A is a Dec 22nd start for next season. Not confirmed yet but that's the NBA's goal right now.

Will need to be firmed up by mid next week to give the players the promised 8 weeks notice, so we should have a pretty clear idea of the next season really soon.

I imagine cap numbers will be coming soon too.
      They're talking a 70 game season too

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

They said no to Louisville.
        Ain’t happenin.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.spor...-talks/sn-amp/
        Will probably end up being the Buffalo Raptors.

Comment

• The glitch seems to be fixed. That was annoying

Comment

Looks like plan A is a Dec 22nd start for next season. Not confirmed yet but that's the NBA's goal right now.

Will need to be firmed up by mid next week to give the players the promised 8 weeks notice, so we should have a pretty clear idea of the next season really soon.

I imagine cap numbers will be coming soon too.
            Pretty tight timeline with the draft on Nov. 18th and free agency commencing shortly after.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
              The glitch seems to be fixed. That was annoying
              It went away for a week for me and returned day before yesterday. We'll see.

Comment

• Where do we think Demar will be when the season starts? SA? Or will he move?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  Where do we think Demar will be when the season starts? SA? Or will he move?
                  I dont think he will get the money that his extension is worth and dont see many other teams that would have mutual interest .
                  2 places that i could see him is Detroit if they strike out on FVV, but demar would have to already make his decision before FVV will have a chance to hit FA.
                  Or the spurs working out a deal with the Magic, maybe a gordon for demar swap. The spurs actually looked really good in the bubble without L.A so maybe the spurs try to trade Lamarcus and get some more shooting to surround Demar
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Will probably end up being the Buffalo Raptors.
                    Yep.

Comment

• Home arenas may not be a thing for the first while. If fans aren't in attendance, another bubble, or more likely a set of smaller, say divisional, bubbles, seems likely. Cut down on travel cost, exposure during travel, and various other facility costs. Once they are cleared for fan attendance (if they are lucky it would be partway through the season though I wouldn't hold my breath - and them going with the early start date tells me they might think the same), then they can switch to home arenas, and that's when the border question becomes critical re: the Raps. But I would be shocked if they didn't have some sort of exception status for the visiting teams in place by then with rapid testing and local isolation (dedicated hotels, etc).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Players revolt if forced to play in Buffalo

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I dont think he will get the money that his extension is worth and dont see many other teams that would have mutual interest .
                          2 places that i could see him is Detroit if they strike out on FVV, but demar would have to already make his decision before FVV will have a chance to hit FA.
                          Or the spurs working out a deal with the Magic, maybe a gordon for demar swap. The spurs actually looked really good in the bubble without L.A so maybe the spurs try to trade Lamarcus and get some more shooting to surround Demar
                          Demar has made enough money at this point where I could see him picking where he wants to go and then decide the price they pay him. There will be suitors everywhere if the price is right.

But I could definitely see him going back to SA and them looking to improve his surrounding core. He's played well for them overall.
                          Last edited by Joey; Sun Oct 25, 2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Home arenas may not be a thing for the first while. If fans aren't in attendance, another bubble, or more likely a set of smaller, say divisional, bubbles, seems likely. Cut down on travel cost, exposure during travel, and various other facility costs. Once they are cleared for fan attendance (if they are lucky it would be partway through the season though I wouldn't hold my breath - and them going with the early start date tells me they might think the same), then they can switch to home arenas, and that's when the border question becomes critical re: the Raps. But I would be shocked if they didn't have some sort of exception status for the visiting teams in place by then with rapid testing and local isolation (dedicated hotels, etc).
                            A 72 game regular season is a looong time to be in a bubble or bubbles. Not sure if players would commit to that.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

A 72 game regular season is a looong time to be in a bubble or bubbles. Not sure if players would commit to that.
                              I don't think I suggested that they would spend the entire season in bubbles.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• They should do mini tourneys. Have a bubble where they play 15-20 games in 30-40 days. Maybe 40 days in the bubble Jan./Feb. Have some time off, and then have a mini camp in March. By April, May or June start playing in home cities again and squeeze in another 45 games. Hopefully July/August have the playoffs and have fans in the seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X