Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

The winds of change are blowing down Broad Street in Philly.
    My guess would be that they try to move Harris first and see what they can get for him. I'm sure they'd like to move Horford but that might be a tough contract to move (even though it gets better late in the deal) especially for what they need back.

Problem for all these teams is that there is still uncertainty about the coming season, cap, etc. and the clock is ticking. Whether that condensed timeline keeps tihngs quiet or encourages crazy deals will be interesting to watch.

Comment

• Nash having D’Antoni as his right-hand man is a great way to start his coaching career
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Nash hiring D'Antoni and Ime Udoka as assistants, interesting and I like it. But still, fk Brooklyn.
        I hate these super teams. Coaches all getting together to win a ring
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          Nash having D’Antoni as his right-hand man is a great way to start his coaching career
          Or it could go the other way entirely with veteran coach D'Antoni not liking reporting to a "recent" ex-player

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Or it could go the other way entirely with veteran coach D'Antoni not liking reporting to a "recent" ex-player
            Nash hired D'Antoni, they're really good friends. I think they both know whats going on here, D'Antoni is taking a year off from head coaching to help mentor his protege. Or maybe its a semi retirement. Either way, I dont suspect jealousy or anything of the sort to be an issue here.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              Nash having D’Antoni as his right-hand man is a great way to start his coaching career
              Didn't he hire Amare as well? The gangs back together lol

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Nash hired D'Antoni, they're really good friends. I think they both know whats going on here, D'Antoni is taking a year off from head coaching to help mentor his protege. Or maybe its a semi retirement. Either way, I dont suspect jealousy or anything of the sort to be an issue here.
                I'd be surprised if this turned into a Jason Kidd/Lawrence Frank situation.

Comment

• So the league wants to start the season on Dec 22 and have a 72 game schedule + playoffs

The players want to start the season on MLK (Jan 18). The league came back and said they can have that, but the number of games will drop to 50 + playoffs, which also means less $$$.

I suspect the season to start in December. A lot of the teams haven't played since before the lock down. But I also see guys like Lebron, Davis and Butler taking the first month off.

Comment

• Really liking what they did in Brooklyn there. Marks did a fantastic job rebuilding that coaching staff. Still not quite sure how it will unfold considering KD may not be the same KD we are all used to.. and Kyrie is Kyrie.

Either way you slice it the Atlantic division is looking like it will be a beast - well except for the Knicks of course.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I don't think it will go that way. D'Antoni coached Nash in Phoenix. They're good friends and he knows what Nash is all about. After Houston, D'Antoni is probably just taking a step back to mentor Nash while also being involved in the coaching scene.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Really liking what they did in Brooklyn there. Marks did a fantastic job rebuilding that coaching staff. Still not quite sure how it will unfold considering KD may not be the same KD we are all used to.. and Kyrie is Kyrie.

Either way you slice it the Atlantic division is looking like it will be a beast - well except for the Knicks of course.
                        Yes, management through coaching they're set up really well. They have their work cut out for them re: KD and Kyrie given their health and personalities. Higher maintenance stars for sure and some big question marks re: health and if the on court outcome will be as high as potential based on their individual talent. We'll see.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yes, management through coaching they're set up really well. They have their work cut out for them re: KD and Kyrie given their health and personalities. Higher maintenance stars for sure and some big question marks re: health and if the on court outcome will be as high as potential based on their individual talent. We'll see.
                          Kevin can never quite do it by himself eh ?
                          Snark level on that is 8 out of 10.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

They are setting themselves up for success in Brooklyn. Knicks look really bad at the moment...they've long prided themselves as the kings of New York.
                            I misspoke. Its actually 7 picks in 4 years for the Knicks.

They have 6 and 27 this year.
                            They have theirs and Dallas in 2021
                            They have theirs in 2022
                            THey have theirs and Dallas in 2023

So Embiid to NY Knicks for

RJ Barrett. (a stiff in the eyes of the Knicks mgmt because well .. he wasn't Steff Curry in his first year)
                            Maybe throw in the French kid.. .Nitalinka ...because.. well that would be so Knicks.

AND

NY's First in 2021
                            NY's first in 2022
                            Pick swap rights in 2023 for the better of Dallas/Knicks

Yes they are that desperate for relevance in NYC.
                            They are the Leafs of the NBA.

Morey is a shark...He is Sam Hinkie with a personality.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Oct 30, 2020, 01:26 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Philly's problem is that neither of their big ballers is named Lebron.

It's now Embiids 6th or 7th year. He has yet to show up in shape or drop the clown act that makes him a more dependable social media quote than a baller. Stats god who has won nuthin.

Simmons is a talent who has the glaring inability to shoot. He is a hack a Shaq candidate down the stretch in close games.Hes in his 5th year. If he doesnt have a shot now he never will. Quite the liability in the run and gun NBA of the 3 point era.

Big ball isnt dead..Its just dormant....We just dont have very many transcendant talents on the floor a the 5 ..Davis, Jokic and ?

Until fat Joel figures out its him fucking up his career he is trade bait for Morey.

The Knicks are idiots and have 6 firsts spread over the next 4 drafts. Morey and Presti and Masai are in a league of their own....Morey is going to change Philly.

To steal the phrase...to replay the same set of events, in the same way and expect a different result is the definition of insanity.

That was us with Kyle and Demar. It's no different in Philly.
                              I think Brett Brown is just too soft of a coach.
                              76ers under him has no leadership and direction which irked Butler.
                              I think, i mean i hope... that Doc can bring that.
                              I believe Joel and Ben's mentality are still fixed on the Process mantra which makes them not care so much.
                              How many summers have these 2 wasted.
                              Embiid being terribly out of condition and Ben not improving on his jumpshot.
                              Hiring Doc and Morey will probably change that 'process'/weak mentality and should energize both of them.
                              I can see Morey adding the right pieces, ie shooters and floor spacers to complement the game of Ben and Joel.
                              But there's no way he's going back to small ball.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                So the league wants to start the season on Dec 22 and have a 72 game schedule + playoffs

The players want to start the season on MLK (Jan 18). The league came back and said they can have that, but the number of games will drop to 50 + playoffs, which also means less $$$.

I suspect the season to start in December. A lot of the teams haven't played since before the lock down. But I also see guys like Lebron, Davis and Butler taking the first month off.
                                I don't see Butler taking the time off that lebron or AD might. He didn't win anything and is a junk yard dog for competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X