X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know how it would work but I’d love to have Holiday on the Raptors
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Holiday would be great but I think the only trade we could make is a S&T with either Fred or Serge and I'm not sure if either guy would want to play in New Orleans. Unless we can pull of a 3-way trade with the team that takes either Fred or Serge assuming we want to part ways with those guys.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Holiday would be great but I think the only trade we could make is a S&T with either Fred or Serge and I'm not sure if either guy would want to play in New Orleans. Unless we can pull of a 3-way trade with the team that takes either Fred or Serge assuming we want to part ways with those guys.
        First response, I'd love Holiday. He'd be a good fit in Toronto and gets you a bit more length at the second guard position. He's very much a Masai-type player.

On the other hand - he's older, got one guaranteed year and one PO year left, has a bit of an injury history, and is beyond the high end of at least what we had been hoping to re-sign Fred for. Their production last year was almost identical, that costs you $26m from Holiday and we were hoping to get that out of Fred for a bit less. And Fred may still be getting better.

But Fred/Lowry as a small backcourt does run into trouble in certain playoff match-ups.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

First response, I'd love Holiday. He'd be a good fit in Toronto and gets you a bit more length at the second guard position. He's very much a Masai-type player.

On the other hand - he's older, got one guaranteed year and one PO year left, has a bit of an injury history, and is beyond the high end of at least what we had been hoping to re-sign Fred for. Their production last year was almost identical, that costs you $26m from Holiday and we were hoping to get that out of Fred for a bit less. And Fred may still be getting better.

But Fred/Lowry as a small backcourt does run into trouble in certain playoff match-ups.
          Also worth noting that 27M PO if he picks it up messes up their max salary in 2021 unless they get lucky with a higher than expected salary cap.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Also worth noting that 27M PO if he picks it up messes up their max salary in 2021 unless they get lucky with a higher than expected salary cap.
            Over and over and over, Masai won't do any move that will mess up the max salary slot for 2021

Comment

• Holiday is a very, very inconsistent offensive player. Frustrating to watch. His defense is great sometimes, but overrated other times. He'd be a good fit next to Kyle and Pascal, though.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                Holiday is a very, very inconsistent offensive player. Frustrating to watch. His defense is great sometimes, but overrated other times. He'd be a good fit next to Kyle and Pascal, though.
                He isn't the best shooter, but outside of that, he is a solid 17-20 PPG scorer. I wouldn't call him inconsistent.

Personally I'd love to have him on the team. A very good well rounded player.

Comment

• I wonder if Bucks will be all over this. If they can get Holiday to replace Bledsoe? damn
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

He isn't the best shooter, but outside of that, he is a solid 17-20 PPG scorer. I wouldn't call him inconsistent.

Personally I'd love to have him on the team. A very good well rounded player.
                    solid 2 way guard ... in fact one of the best

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

so pass

Comment

• Jrue Holiday is a great player but I don't think he's the piece we should be aiming for right now. We need to start looking into getting younger in the backcourt,(especially if FVV ends up leaving), not older. Jrue is also making a lot. If he picks up his option in 21-22 season, then that pretty much kills any chance for a max free agent that year. His best fit is on a contending or semi-contending team that is one PG upgrade away from a finals, like the Clippers & bucks for example (if they had the pieces to get him)

A guy from cbs sports wrote something I thought kind of crazy at first (he even prefaced as that), but could be plausible with a big IF: If we knew of a particular player Giannis wanted to play with (and felt he could win a title with), that's the player we should be pursuing. The article mentioned a hypothetical where beal was that player. You would then go strong at beal (possibly including Siakam as the center piece), therey building the foundation for a strong Giannis pitch.

A starting 5 of Lowry-beal-OG-Giannis-Ibaka (or any generic centre) would be the best team in the east. Another name floated around after d'antoni left houston was Harden. If you have him and Giannis together the rest of the roster would probably have to be rookies and vet minimums, but those 2 on the same team would also put a team in finals territory in the East.

Comment

• I'm going to need more posts from all of you.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                            I'm going to need more posts from all of you.
                            TenFTW needs to post a trade idea soon.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              Holiday is a very, very inconsistent offensive player. Frustrating to watch. His defense is great sometimes, but overrated other times. He'd be a good fit next to Kyle and Pascal, though.
                              But he can get his own shot.
                              And that was a problem for the Raps in the half court.

Still.. a pipe dream.. he is 31...
                              Our core is 25-26.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• I'd rather us try and make a run at Oladipo if I had to choose between the two of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X