X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Player reps expected to approve Dec. 22 start date to NBA season

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      I'd rather us try and make a run at Oladipo if I had to choose between the two of them.
      If you want to do pie in the sky trades why not go for Beal?

Comment

• The Raptor question is where do we play? If Biden wins it may be Toronto. If Trump wins we may be the New Jersey Raps forever.

Comment

• NBA in seven weeks and we need the entirety of free agency and the draft to happen lmao
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post

The Raptor question is where do we play? If Biden wins it may be Toronto. If Trump wins we may be the New Jersey Raps forever.
            Okay wait I honestly don't get this - how does who wins the election effect where the Raps play?

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

Okay wait I honestly don't get this - how does who wins the election effect where the Raps play?
              I assume the presumption is that Biden would improve how the pandemic is being handled, leading to an opening of the border crossing, allowing players to pass from the US to Canada.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                NBA in seven weeks and we need the entirety of free agency and the draft to happen lmao
                Ridiculous isn't it?

They should have moved up the draft to earlier in November, it feels like nothing is really happening right now and they could have used this time to better space out the draft and free agency.

Is there a preseason or are they going to go right into the regular season?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Ridiculous isn't it?

They should have moved up the draft to earlier in November, it feels like nothing is really happening right now and they could have used this time to better space out the draft and free agency.

Is there a preseason or are they going to go right into the regular season?
                  They can't do anything until they nail down a formal agreement between the players and league on all the CBA details. That will take some time for the lawyers to nail down. It's the one real reason they gave that they didn't move up free agency to before the draft as well.

I don't mind a fire drill of an offseason.

The proposal I saw was 3 pre-season games.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

They can't do anything until they nail down a formal agreement between the players and league on all the CBA details. That will take some time for the lawyers to nail down. It's the one real reason they gave that they didn't move up free agency to before the draft as well.

I don't mind a fire drill of an offseason.

The proposal I saw was 3 pre-season games.
                    Thanks Dan.

3 Preseason games? So we might actually see some basketball before Dec. 22nd? An early X-mas gift for the fans.

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

It doesn't. The states of America are anything but United. President biden wont effect much of anything.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It doesn't. The states of America are anything but United. President biden wont effect much of anything.
                        I know a little about what the Jays went through with the feds trying to play their games at home and based on that alone I can't see the Raps playing in Toronto. Even if they could get there initially, you'd need a 100% guarantee that nothing would change through the end of the season, which seems virtually impossible.

Comment

• Super pumped for a Christmas start. Saw a few comments about this break being too short for the Finals teams. Meh, not much different than a Team USA offseason which happens pretty regularly. Then you have a significant chunk of the league that's been off for over half a year. Most players just want to get back at it, at least as far as I can see from social media.

Will be interesting to see what the conditions for play are, bubbles, fans, travel, Toronto, etc.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I assume the presumption is that Biden would improve how the pandemic is being handled, leading to an opening of the border crossing, allowing players to pass from the US to Canada.
                            Biden takes office in Jan.20

Season starts Dec.22

Even at best circumstances to health policy in regards to pandemic, you won't see concrete results until April and by that time the vaccine program would have rolled out.

At best case scenario Raptors could play the end of the season or playoffs in Toronto but until then it would be in the U.S

Comment

• Lowry to Clippers make sense, but a very bitter pill to swallow.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...and-the-lakers

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                                Lowry to Clippers make sense, but a very bitter pill to swallow.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...and-the-lakers
                                Misfits and 2nd round picks for Lowry?! Pff they need to start off with Kabengele being offered first then we can start to talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X