No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry is a Raptor for life. No way do I trade him. And if we do its for a superstar type player. Not bit parts. I don't care that he's getting older. He's still our best player. And probably will be for the next 2-3 years (assuming we strike out on a max star).

It's why I don't want to keep Fred and chase a max free agent. That would mean we lose Lowry in 2021.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
      Lowry to Clippers make sense, but a very bitter pill to swallow.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...and-the-lakers
      lol. Makes sense for who?

Comment

• There is literally no scenario I can imagine where the Clippers put together a good enough offer for Lowry to avoid Masai laughing them off the phone. They emptied their pockets for PG.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          There is literally no scenario I can imagine where the Clippers put together a good enough offer for Lowry to avoid Masai laughing them off the phone. They emptied their pockets for PG.
          Maybe an extended Kawhi?

Never happen... but I can imagine it.

(Even then, you do it, but it'd be hard to lose KLOE.)

Comment

There is literally no scenario I can imagine where the Clippers put together a good enough offer for Lowry to avoid Masai laughing them off the phone. They emptied their pockets for PG.
            Yes, and even if there was, there is so much animosity at MLSE toward LAC that I don't think a Raps-Clips deal is possible in the near future.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Super pumped for a Christmas start. Saw a few comments about this break being too short for the Finals teams. Meh, not much different than a Team USA offseason which happens pretty regularly. Then you have a significant chunk of the league that's been off for over half a year. Most players just want to get back at it, at least as far as I can see from social media.

Will be interesting to see what the conditions for play are, bubbles, fans, travel, Toronto, etc.
              Hard to feel sorry for players from just a few teams who would still be off for two months. Most will have been off for three months....after a shortened season.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Hard to feel sorry for players from just a few teams who would still be off for two months. Most will have been off for three months....after a shortened season.
                Even the Finals teams just came off two months of playing after 5 months of not doing so.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yes, and even if there was, there is so much animosity at MLSE toward LAC that I don't think a Raps-Clips deal is possible in the near future.
                  This is probably the best reason for that deal to never happen.

Comment

The Clippers have the worst set of assets after Kawhi and PG of any team in the NBA. They will be hard pressed to add to that group. Good old fashioned drafting players will also be tough with the lack of picks.

Seems they figured out the "Hey stars, come to LA" part of team building but are unable to do the rest
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Maybe an extended Kawhi?

Never happen... but I can imagine it.

(Even then, you do it, but it'd be hard to lose KLOE.)
                      Do you do it?? Is Kawhi without KLOE anybody??

That would also cement us as the least loyal franchise of all time hahaha

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I assume the presumption is that Biden would improve how the pandemic is being handled, leading to an opening of the border crossing, allowing players to pass from the US to Canada.

KeonClark wrote: View Post

It doesn't. The states of America are anything but United. President biden wont effect much of anything.
                        Ahah thanks to you both, right right okay I get it now. KeonClark that unfortunately may be too true it seems :// Time will tell!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The Clippers have the worst set of assets after Kawhi and PG of any team in the NBA. They will be hard pressed to add to that group. Good old fashioned drafting players will also be tough with the lack of picks.

Seems they figured out the "Hey stars, come to LA" part of team building but are unable to do the rest
                          It takes two years to flesh out one of these teams even with established stars but they have other issues and this condensed offseason/season isn’t going to help them.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Ha!
                            Great job, uncle Dennis.

Btw, I thought the great Jerry West is the best mind out there.
                            Wonder how much input he's had in those insane transactions.

Comment

• Make sense the clippers are intrested in Kyle.
                              I think theyd like to get Gasol in on a 1 year friendly deal..
                              I bet they would move PG13 contract to get in on the FVV sweepstakes
                              then maybe make a move to open up their coaching spot for a young innovated coach.
                              Sounds like that could put Kawhi right in the position to contend for a title
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• So what happens when there are positive tests? Will they quarantine a whole team every time it happens?

Comment

Working...
                                X