Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Is there a scenario where we pay Fred what he wants (say $20M/yr) and then include him in a sign & trade with the Bucks for Giannis when FVV is trade eligible, which still allows us to re-sign Lowry for somewhat close to market value?

If I have to choose, then I'd still rather have a 34-to-37 year old Lowry... than a prime FVV. That's an easy decision for me. Fred is easily replaceable. Lowry is not.
    The only problem with sign and trades is that a team gets hard capped.. but GSW and Brooklyn did it with KD and D'Angelo. Miami also did it with Butler (was a 4 team trade). So yeah it's doable. But the problem with sign and trades is that you have to work with the other team to make it happen. Bucks may not want anything to do with Toronto if they steal their guy.

I mean Masai wasn't helping LAC out with Kawhi for example.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Make sense the clippers are intrested in Kyle.
      I think theyd like to get Gasol in on a 1 year friendly deal..
      I bet they would move PG13 contract to get in on the FVV sweepstakes
      then maybe make a move to open up their coaching spot for a young innovated coach.
      Sounds like that could put Kawhi right in the position to contend for a title
      They want Kyle because he knows he makes Kawhi a real starrrr

But what's more realistic?????

#KAWHI2021

#KAWHI2021

#KAWHI2021

Comment

Is there a scenario where we pay Fred what he wants (say $20M/yr) and then include him in a sign & trade with the Bucks for Giannis when FVV is trade eligible, which still allows us to re-sign Lowry for somewhat close to market value?

If I have to choose, then I'd still rather have a 34-to-37 year old Lowry... than a prime FVV. That's an easy decision for me. Fred is easily replaceable. Lowry is not.
        Don't think so (Giannis will be BYC just like Fred is this year, making salary matching harder, and what other pieces would we send?), but even if it's possible it means you rely on the Bucks to play ball, which they probably wouldn't want to do.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• OT
            When did Tiger Woods get so freakin' old?
            Time has not been kind to the dude, he looks worn out and put away wrinkled....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Don't think so (Giannis will be BYC just like Fred is this year, making salary matching harder, and what other pieces would we send?), but even if it's possible it means you rely on the Bucks to play ball, which they probably wouldn't want to do.
              Losing Giannis for nothing vs. getting say, Fred + Norm.... and the Bucks hang up the phone?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The only problem with sign and trades is that a team gets hard capped.. but GSW and Brooklyn did it with KD and D'Angelo. Miami also did it with Butler (was a 4 team trade). So yeah it's doable. But the problem with sign and trades is that you have to work with the other team to make it happen. Bucks may not want anything to do with Toronto if they steal their guy.

I mean Masai wasn't helping LAC out with Kawhi for example.
                Clippers didn’t need help to get Kawhi. They already had enough cap flexibility and trade assets to land 2 stars. We don’t know what Masai would have done if the Clips were offering useful assets that helped position us for 2021. I bet he would take them.

Comment

Losing Giannis for nothing vs. getting say, Fred + Norm.... and the Bucks hang up the phone?
                  Probably (worth noting if Norm opts in it means he's a negative asset at that point)? At that point they will not be good and their immediate concern will be more about shedding salary to avoid any tax implications and allow them to rebuild rather than staying as mediocre as possible. And teams generally don't like to facilitate their MVP's moves away from them unless there's a significant advantage to them - say some draft assets to help with the upcoming rebuild. Certainly it's no guarantee they are interested and not something to count on when planning ahead.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• FVV was on J.J reddicks Pod. Talking about his free agency. The way he was answering questions it seemed like coming back to the raptors is just a formality
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Probably (worth noting if Norm opts in it means he's a negative asset at that point)? At that point they will not be good and their immediate concern will be more about shedding salary to avoid any tax implications and allow them to rebuild rather than staying as mediocre as possible. And teams generally don't like to facilitate their MVP's moves away from them unless there's a significant advantage to them - say some draft assets to help with the upcoming rebuild. Certainly it's no guarantee they are interested and not something to count on when planning ahead.
                        Not sure that we can generalize here. The Pelicans DID trade AD and the Spurs, well.... Add KD into the mix and that’s 3 top 7 players traded in the last 2 years.

Comment

• To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Not sure that we can generalize here. The Pelicans DID trade AD and the Spurs, well.... Add KD into the mix and that’s 3 top 7 players traded in the last 2 years.
                            Right, but what did the Pelicans get for AD? Draft assets. Even Kawhi got an all star and a pick. KD was also the only one that was a sign and trade, and that's a case of GSW still approaching life like they are contenders (which, you know, Steph and Klay so yeah). Milwaukee thinking they still have a Steph and Klay would be very stupid of them.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Seems like when they say arena suites, they mean like, all arena seating. That won't fly in Toronto, at least. 25% and 50% are very high numbers, I expected much lower percentages, maybe 10%, with high ticket costs, to try to recoup revenues. The higher fill rate will make it very difficult for fans to socially distance, and the more people in there the higher the aerosol risk to the players on the court even if people are kept back from the court and barriers are put up.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Seems like offseasons is starting to ramp up. Rumors or cp3 to phx, spurs maybe looking to move one of LaMarcus or derozen. Jrue to hawks for the 6th pick
                                Last edited by bertarapsfan; Wed Nov 11, 2020, 03:46 PM.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X