Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

But most of those teams want Serge to take a serious discount... to play with a contender. I mean - what are we? Raps could have easily been in the Finals instead of the Heat and probably the favorite to take out the Lakers.
    This could be a transition season for the Raptors. We have 2 starters that are UFA's. The 6th man is a UFA. Have two key bench players that are UFA's (RHJ and Boucher). And everyone else but Pascal and OG are on 1 year deals.

I think teams see that and assume we're going through a rebuild.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Serge seems to be getting a lot of love. So far I heard the Lakers and Rockets have interest. And that KD is trying to recruit him. Wonder if we could pull off a S&T. As those markets can really only afford the tax payer mid level I believe.
      Yeah honestly im not upset if he leaves, especially if you can get something back. Think hes a bit overrated right now because he put up very good scoring numbers. I feel like the only reason we saw so much Gasol against the Celtics was cause Serge became a bit of a liability - looked clumsy on offense and doesnt do the little things well defensively. Love the guy and think he’ll look good on a contender, but Im not sad we arent the ones to give him a big contract.

Comment

• Indystar.com (behind their paywall) has an article up on Oladipo where he basically asked Toronto, NY and Miami players if he could play with them. Here is a tweet with the quote:

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Yeah honestly im not upset if he leaves, especially if you can get something back. Think hes a bit overrated right now because he put up very good scoring numbers. I feel like the only reason we saw so much Gasol against the Celtics was cause Serge became a bit of a liability - looked clumsy on offense and doesnt do the little things well defensively. Love the guy and think he’ll look good on a contender, but Im not sad we arent the ones to give him a big contract.
          I'm good with a 1 year overpay. But can't really see a way we bring him in for term. If we do lose him, we'll really need to figure out how to plugin our C spot. Potentially losing Gasol as well if he goes back to Spain or something.

Comment

I'm good with a 1 year overpay. But can't really see a way we bring him in for term. If we do lose him, we'll really need to figure out how to plugin our C spot. Potentially losing Gasol as well if he goes back to Spain or something.
            Idk I just think we know what he is, and with our roster I dont love him as a starting big playing 30ish minutes a game. Hes going to command a lot cause shooting is at a premium. Unless you have a star big who can do everything, it makes sense to have 3 guys who all compliment each other and play with different matchups and offer an option to play many different styles. Cant do that with a one year overpay. Id take a shot on Harrell as a desperately needed interior scoring option, who is probably pretty cheap as a bad defender and non-shooter. Pair him with a Baynes and maybe a prospect and youve got a half decent rotation which is pretty cheap. Unless we get an actual upgrade which is unlikely, I think we see a lot more crunch time OG/Pascal front court in important games anyways, OG has the strength and offensive talent to play that Tucker/Draymond role.

If the Rockets implode and start selling off guys who becomes interesting?

Comment

Serge seems to be getting a lot of love. So far I heard the Lakers and Rockets have interest. And that KD is trying to recruit him. Wonder if we could pull off a S&T. As those markets can really only afford the tax payer mid level I believe.
              Not surprised. He is the perfect big for this era of basketball. Defends, protects the rim, can score in the paint, can step outside and shoot the mid or the 3. I would love to keep him, but if he goes, then so be it.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Idk I just think we know what he is, and with our roster I dont love him as a starting big playing 30ish minutes a game. Hes going to command a lot cause shooting is at a premium. Unless you have a star big who can do everything, it makes sense to have 3 guys who all compliment each other and play with different matchups and offer an option to play many different styles. Cant do that with a one year overpay. Id take a shot on Harrell as a desperately needed interior scoring option, who is probably pretty cheap as a bad defender and non-shooter. Pair him with a Baynes and maybe a prospect and youve got a half decent rotation which is pretty cheap. Unless we get an actual upgrade which is unlikely, I think we see a lot more crunch time OG/Pascal front court in important games anyways, OG has the strength and offensive talent to play that Tucker/Draymond role.

If the Rockets implode and start selling off guys who becomes interesting?
                Outside of Harden who's pretty much an untouchable anyway.. the only Rocket players I like are Tucker and Covington and I doubt either are available. What I'm thinking is maybe if Russ is available and a team is looking at him, the Rockets would do a 3 way trade with Serge going to Houston, Russ going to team X, and we picking up a player or a pick from the team that Russ ends up going to.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  Report of Lakers being interested in trading for DeRozan? That would be wild
                  They have to hope some of their potential free agents opt into their player options or they quickly run out of pieces to make any such trade and would have to send 4 pieces (Danny, Kuzma and two of Cook, Caruso and Horton-Tucker), really damaging their depth.

Not impossible, but I'd peg it as unlikely at this point.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Tampa Bay Raptors?

Talk about re-inforcing the cold weather stereotype. That said, it would be a nice treat for the players and coaching staff, if they have to be away from home for so long.

#WeTheSouthEast

Tampa Bay Lighting - Stanley Cup Champions
                    Tampa Bay Rays - World Series finalists
                    Tampa Bay Bucaneers - top 5 NFL team and contender
                    Tampa Bay Raptors - ???
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Does DeMar have a veto?

Comment

• I think the Lakers make a lot of sense. DeMar is essentially a point guard. Can be really helpful if Rondo leaves in free agency. If the rumour was Danny+Kuzma then the Lakers would have to do that. DeMar is much better than Kuzma.. and Danny kind of sucks now.

DeMar goes home. He gets to be third fiddle so no shine on him. And can get a ring to match Kyle's. Just not sure SA would do that though. That's the tough part. Because again, Danny kind of sucks and Kuzma isn't really that great although is still really young.

Comment

Tampa Bay Raptors?

Talk about re-inforcing the cold weather stereotype. That said, it would be a nice treat for the players and coaching staff, if they have to be away from home for so long.

#WeTheSouthEast

Funny this was FFV first choice when he spoke to JJR yesterday on his podcast.

Okay Fred you got Tampa because you wanted it so how about give us a small home grown discount my man?!

Comment

• If Serge wants a bigger long term contract id love to try and get dinwiddie or levert from the nets as a top end 6th man. Could help kyle ease back on some regular season minutes and both can take some pressure off pascal being the only guy who can go get his own bucket when kyle is on the bench.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I dunno how reliable that rumour is. Doesn't space the floor, doesn't defend, and needs a lot of touches to be impactful...On a team featuring LeBron and AD?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I dunno how reliable that rumour is. Doesn't space the floor, doesn't defend, and needs a lot of touches to be impactful...On a team featuring LeBron and AD?
                                AD isnt a ball handler though. Especially late in his career, Lebron needs a reliable second option for a long season, Demar is a regular season workhorse and should pair well with AD in nonLebron minutes. Easier to get a couple shooters or perimeter defenders for cheap than actual playmakers. Makes sense to me, pretty good fit. I believe he’ll be an expiring too so itll be easy enough to flip him midseason. Demar quietly had a good year last year playing on a really mediocre and depleated Spurs team.

Comment

Working...
                                X