Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

But who are their shooter he would kick out to with Danny Green, Kuzma and Rondo all gone?
    DD gonna break down the D for lebron all game?
    It's not like Kuz and Danny are reliable shooters too. Lol
    Increased usage for Caruso.
    They will attract cheap FA ring chasers, like maybe Melo.?
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Sat Nov 14, 2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

It's not like Kuz and Danny are reliable shooters too. Lol
      Increased usage for Caruso.
      They will attract cheap FA ring chasers, like maybe Melo.?
      MAN LEBRon OWES MElo too

Good thing we don't

U kno who we owe??

#MAXFVV
      #TRUFInAlsMVP

the only one who is better than

#KAWHI2021111

Comment

• According to Woj trades can officially start at noon tomorrow (Monday, Nov 16).

But he already mentioned one that is in the pipeline. Dennis Shroder (OKC) for Danny Green + #28 (LAL).

Lakers just got a lot better here. Also means they won't be going after DeMar now.

Comment

• Dennis Schröder does not make any team "a lot better" he's not even better than Danny Green, but he is younger.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            According to Woj trades can officially start at noon tomorrow (Monday, Nov 16).

But he already mentioned one that is in the pipeline. Dennis Shroder (OKC) for Danny Green + #28 (LAL).

Lakers just got a lot better here. Also means they won't be going after DeMar now.
            That seems like a bargain for Shroder. No one else wants to match that? Dennis was almost 6th man last year and still has some mileage in his legs. You think someone could come if with a better offer then that.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
              Dennis Schröder does not make any team "a lot better" he's not even better than Danny Green, but he is younger.
              Schroder was a bucket off the bench last year and could close games. I think hes alot better then Danny is right now.

Comment

• And the OKC teardown begins. Surprised they couldn’t get a little more than that for Schroeder, that’s a great deal for the Lakers (sigh)

And RIP Danny’s chances of a three-peat lol
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• If Green and 28 can get you Shroder.. wonder what Norm and 29 could get you?

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                    Dennis Schröder does not make any team "a lot better" he's not even better than Danny Green, but he is younger.
                    Green was pretty awful during the Lakers run in the playoffs. At times he was unplayable. If his shot isn't falling he's not really good, and his shot has become a lot less reliable lately. We saw that in the Raptor run as well.

Shroder is a guy that can come off the bench and lead a bench unit. He can score in bunches. He's a pretty decent 3pt shooter as a spot up shooter (if he has a guy like Paul setting him up, now he'll have Lebron). Defensively he's not as good.. but Green is a bit overrated in that department as well.

It also means they can survive if Rondo leaves in free agency.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

That seems like a bargain for Shroder. No one else wants to match that? Dennis was almost 6th man last year and still has some mileage in his legs. You think someone could come if with a better offer then that.
                      Yeah.. I didn't realize Shroder had an expiring contract as well. So it was really a swap of two expiring contract with a late first rounder in the middle. I'm impressed with what Pelinka has done in LA. And to be honest I was really highly skeptical.

OKC gets a pick for a guy they don't need since they are rebuilding. That's probably what they were hoping to get and found a taker in LA. One thing that's been pretty obvious the last few years in the NBA.. draft picks have a lot of currency. Even picks in the high 20's.

Comment

It also means they can survive if Rondo leaves in free agency.
                        Yeah, my first thought was that Schröder was meant to be a replacement for Rondo, not Green, as someone who can handle the ball and score reliably and/or feed Davis when Lebron isn't on the floor. Green's role is probably more easily replaceable than Rondo is, especially if you feel you can cover some of those minutes with your existing personnel.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                          And the OKC teardown begins. Surprised they couldn’t get a little more than that for Schroeder, that’s a great deal for the Lakers (sigh)

And RIP Danny’s chances of a three-peat lol
                          Maybe OKC will flip danny. Dallas really wanted him last year

Comment

• OKC continues to be a fun team to cheer for

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              OKC continues to be a fun team to cheer for
                              I think OKC’s gonna be less fun to cheer for with trades like that, shipping off what had been a highly useful player for them. Unless you mean it’ll be fun to cheer for a team almost entirely built of rookies... which... yeah.

This is a huge win for LA imo... Danny Green was a negative asset. They were desperate to unload him, the fans wanted him gone. So to trade his expiring (and a late pick) for a very useful expiring, in a position of need...

To me this makes the Lakeshow’s trash heap of a supporting cast begin to look less trash-heapy.

Comment

According to Woj trades can officially start at noon tomorrow (Monday, Nov 16).

This is good deal for Lakers.
                                Raptors are really quiet, nothing comes out of Masai camp, always tight lip..watch for Oladipo, norm,picks and through in contracts,probably get it done, also I think raps are gonna pass on Freddy V, his gonna b 2 much, raps will sign Ibaka on one year deal, masai hand shake for following years..go hard and try 2 get Kriss Dunn as you back up pg and Aron Baynes as you back up Center.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X