No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Houston goes into a rebuild they better do it quick before their picks start conveying to OKC lmao
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Sign & trade FVV + Ibaka for Harden.

Lowry/Harden/OG/Siakam/doesn't matter - is a championship starting lineup.

Comment

• Just throwing this out there, but would a Siakam + future firsts for Harden trade make sense? I know his bubble performance negatively impacted his value, but I've gotta believe that Siakam would still be perceived as a good get. With Harden in town, Kyle, OG, Matt Thomas, a resigned Boucher and others would be able to function in catch and shoot roles. In my mind, Siakam has enough potential to be worth considering as a future building block, but enough limitations that I'd be willing to part with him if an opportunity like this arose.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Sign & trade FVV + Ibaka for Harden.

Lowry/Harden/OG/Siakam/doesn't matter - is a championship starting lineup.
          Oh easy.. I would give them OG as well, even though I love OG. Harden has basically 3 years left (last year is a PO).

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
            Just throwing this out there, but would a Siakam + future firsts for Harden trade make sense? I know his bubble performance negatively impacted his value, but I've gotta believe that Siakam would still be perceived as a good get. With Harden in town, Kyle, OG, Matt Thomas, a resigned Boucher and others would be able to function in catch and shoot roles. In my mind, Siakam has enough potential to be worth considering as a future building block, but enough limitations that I'd be willing to part with him if an opportunity like this arose.
            Most superstars are traded for an allstar caliber player + a prospect + an expiring contract + draft picks.

The question is which all-star caliber players are available. We had DeMar for the Spurs. So got Kawhi. Lakers gave up Ingram who ended up being an all-star for Davis.

So yes, Siakam + a prospect like Davis + a few picks and someone like McCaw or Johnson to make the trade works in theory. But then if another team like Philly is dangling Simmons. Or Milwaukee is dangling Middleton. And the Rocket guys like Middleton or Simmons over Siakam, we don't get Harden.

Frankly I'd be super shocked if Masai traded Siakam though. Just really blown away.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Most superstars are traded for an allstar caliber player + a prospect + an expiring contract + draft picks.

So yes, Siakam + a prospect like Davis + a few picks and someone like McCaw or Johnson to make the trade works in theory. But then if another team like Philly is dangling Simmons. Or Milwaukee is dangling Middleton. And the Rocket guys like Middleton or Simmons over Siakam, we don't get Harden.
              Followup question: Taking our homer hats off for a moment, if you could assemble a team around one of Middleton, Siakam or Simmons, who would you choose?

As far as I'm concerned, Simmons would be the bottom of my list. An inability to stretch the floor is an insurmountable obstacle in the modern NBA. I'd say it's pretty close between Middleton and Siakam, though I'd be inclined to lean towards Siakam strictly due to his potential upside.

The TV analysts would laugh me out of the room for that ranking, but I'm not sure I'm wrong. And, if I'm not wrong, we might be the team that is best positioned to nab a guy like Harden.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post

Followup question: Taking our homer hats off for a moment, if you could assemble a team around one of Middleton, Siakam or Simmons, who would you choose?

As far as I'm concerned, Simmons would be the bottom of my list. An inability to stretch the floor is an insurmountable obstacle in the modern NBA. I'd say it's pretty close between Middleton and Siakam, though I'd be inclined to lean towards Siakam strictly due to his potential upside.

The TV analysts would laugh me out of the room for that ranking, but I'm not sure I'm wrong. And, if I'm not wrong, we might be the team that is best positioned to nab a guy like Harden.
                It's really a coin flip between the three isn't it? If you care aboug age then Simmons is at the top since he's only 24. Where as Pascal is 26 and Middleton is already 29.

Siakam came off a really bad playoffs. Simmons wasn't even there since he got hurt. And Middleton was pretty decent against Miami but was a bit of a no show against Orlando. So that's a wash.

Yes, Simmons not shooting is what makes him about even with these two other guys. If he cared to shoot the 3 ball and did a half decent job of it (like Pascal for example), he'd be a super star. On the other hand he might be the best perimeter defender in the league after Kawhi. And he's a hell of a playmaker. Although Pascal and Kris are no slouches in the defense department either.

I would rank them: Ben, Pascal, Middleton. I'm skewing towards age over other factors. But I wouldn't mind either of them.

Comment

• Looks like NO only wants trade Jrue to the East not the West according to his rumour:

Would Masai have interest? His contract runs through 2021 though (has a player option in 2022).

Comment

• Chris Paul to Phoenix let’s go!

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      Chris Paul to Phoenix let’s go!

Comment

• More draft compensation.. OKC is determined to acquire every single draft pick for the next 3-5 years.

Comment

• OKC really traded Westbrook for Oubre, Rubio, Jerome, three first round picks, two pick swaps and a year of Chris Paul. Incredible lmao

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Report: Nets rising to top of Harden's list of possible trade destinations

Harden back with Durant? Teaming up with Kyrie? Another superstar laden team, this time in the East?
                            No guarantees with those egos/personalities/health, but that would likely end the Bucks run as ALE champs.

Houston goes from Harden/Westbrook to total rebuild.
                            I wonder how. Durant, Irving & Harden make 107M/yr combined. If the cap stays flat at 109M that's 98% of the cap on the 3 players. There's a least another 11 players they need to pay on top of that to fill the roster. If they have some cap formula to make that work i'd like to know, we could sure use that here.

Comment

• Guess Phoenix really liked that undefeated bubble run.

Seriously though, they have actually been evolving into a pretty good team once all their guys were healthy. They'll basically replace OKC in the standings if they're healthy next season. Pretty good up and coming players. CP3 will be a good mentor and help them win short term. Not sure I see the path to a title through that roster build though.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I wonder how. Durant, Irving & Harden make 107M/yr combined. If the cap stays flat at 109M that's 98% of the cap on the 3 players. There's a least another 11 players they need to pay on top of that to fill the roster. If they have some cap formula to make that work i'd like to know, we could sure use that here.
                                Durant/Irving/Harden is incredibly talented, obviously, even with all the potential issues. So there's always the hope that players that skilled can sort things out and be really good together.

But man. There are A LOT of potential issues in that mix, on court, in the locker room, and re: filling out the roster.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X