No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are both good trades for the Bucks. George Hill is a big loss but they added two very good players.

I think this year may be a good year for the Raptors to punt and cash in on the 2021 draft. Hopefully we can lure a 2021 free agent to bolster our roster.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      Wow, that’s crazy. Three picks, two pick swaps and two players for Jrue?
      Now we know what we could get in a potential Lowry trade.

Comment

• Bucks came out swinging, but they failed to get a star to play next to Giannis. Not sure if these moves help them get past Boston, or Miami in the playoffs once teams go to the Nurse defense on Giannis.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Now we know what we could get in a potential Lowry trade.
          The question would be - with Paul heading to Phoenix, and Jrue heading to Milwaukee - is there any other teams out there that would be willing to pull the trigger on such a deal? Only team I can think of would by Philly - but that would mean you're getting either Harris or Horford back in return to make salaries match

Comment

• lol the Bucks suck. They basically just walked it back 2 seasons, when they lost in 6 in the third round, instead of last season to where they got punked in the second round. They've thrown their future to take a mulligan on personnel they should have handled differently a year ago instead of losing them.

No one here can convince me that Holiday + Bogdanovic is a meaningful upgrade over their point & wing depth 2 years ago, with Brogdon, George Hill, Mirotic, and Ilyasova. Go through their rosters, they arguably had a better team for 18-19. But they let guys like Brogdon walk because they're shortsighted and cheap and now sold their depth and their future to essentially replace the talent they lost. I like Holiday but the man is a one time all-star (years ago) who is every bit as injury prone as Brogdon. And they still look thin on shooting and a go-to bucket getter to close out games for them. Who breaks down the defence in crunch time when Giannis is walled off from the rim? They still don't have that guy.

The response to these moves is overly positive. This is still a 1 superstar, 1 all-star team. Championships are being won these days by teams with multiple superstars, 2-3 usually. Champs with up to 4 current all-stars. Except the Raptors of course, because Masai is the boss. But the Raptors had a really well rounded, 2-way superstar, and great depth to make up for lacking a superteam. The Bucks still don't have that. They have 1 very flawed superstar and not enough depth around him. Still.

Anyway, they'll get 60 wins or something and lose in the 2nd or 3rd round again. Take that to the bank.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Giannis would be foolish to sign the supermax right now before they even see what this team can do. The got better but not light years better. Bledsoe was a playoff choker and that helps 1 flaw, Middleton still needs to show up.
              Like S.R said Brogdon is a better player then both these guys they just got and kinda does what each of them specialize in at the same time. Kinda like they just got 2 guys to come fill in what Malcom gave them.
              Thats a better team but not world beaters, Giannis aint signing just yet.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Bledsoe’s such a limited player. Jrue brings the two things which Bledsoe does well, (defend and drive), plus so many more intangibles. Beyond running the floor waaaay better and shooting marginally better, (I don’t trust Bledsoe’s shot when it counts for shit) I think Jrue has Lowry (winner) qualities to him that Bledsoe never has and never will.

And Bogdon is pretty fantastic. Fierce competitor. Great shot. Love his game. Wish we could’ve gotten him.

May Raptor Jesus have mercy on our souls.
                Jrue has winner qualities? Lol, no. He's been to the playoffs only 4 times in 11 seasons, and had exactly 1 great playoff round on his resume. That's 11 seasons and one 1st round series win under his belt.

This, despite having one of the best (if not the best) big men of his generation (AD) as his running mate. Jrue is one of the reasons why AD left. Jrue a nice 2-way player, but he's defnitely not a winner.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  lol the Bucks suck. They basically just walked it back 2 seasons, when they lost in 6 in the third round, instead of last season to where they got punked in the second round. They've thrown their future to take a mulligan on personnel they should have handled differently a year ago instead of losing them.

No one here can convince me that Holiday + Bogdanovic is a meaningful upgrade over their point & wing depth 2 years ago, with Brogdon, George Hill, Mirotic, and Ilyasova. Go through their rosters, they arguably had a better team for 18-19. But they let guys like Brogdon walk because they're shortsighted and cheap and now sold their depth and their future to essentially replace the talent they lost. I like Holiday but the man is a one time all-star (years ago) who is every bit as injury prone as Brogdon. And they still look thin on shooting and a go-to bucket getter to close out games for them. Who breaks down the defence in crunch time when Giannis is walled off from the rim? They still don't have that guy.

The response to these moves is overly positive. This is still a 1 superstar, 1 all-star team. Championships are being won these days by teams with multiple superstars, 2-3 usually. Champs with up to 4 current all-stars. Except the Raptors of course, because Masai is the boss. But the Raptors had a really well rounded, 2-way superstar, and great depth to make up for lacking a superteam. The Bucks still don't have that. They have 1 very flawed superstar and not enough depth around him. Still.

Anyway, they'll get 60 wins or something and lose in the 2nd or 3rd round again. Take that to the bank.
                  honestly i'd say they are better now than last year BUT... brogdon was there BIG mistake.. and honestly its a TON to give up for jrue holiday....

personally i'd say that was a big mistake.

i'm also more ok with an oladipo trade ASSUMING it doesn't cost FVV ... realistically you keep FVV.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    lol the Bucks suck. They basically just walked it back 2 seasons, when they lost in 6 in the third round, instead of last season to where they got punked in the second round. They've thrown their future to take a mulligan on personnel they should have handled differently a year ago instead of losing them.

I'll also add that realistically the bucks will be challenged by Miami as well as the Raptors depending on how we round things out, and lastly they will be challenged by the celtics.

Comment

• Those are major upgrades

Comment

• So the Bucks starting lineup is Holiday-Bogdanovic-Middleton-Giannis-Lopez?

That seems like it could be pretty damn good. Who the hell do they have on their bench now though?

EDIT: the only two other players they have under contract are Thanasis Antetokounmpo and Justin James, lol
                        Last edited by 7; Tue Nov 17, 2020, 12:26 PM.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Looks like Covington is heading to Portland. Ariza heading back to Houston along with a pick.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            Those are major upgrades
                            Bogdanovic is cause he gives them a reliable shooter, which is something they really need in Bud's system and often didn't have with their prior guards (George Hill's ridiculous 3% last year notwithstanding). Holiday is definitely an upgrade but I've always considered him overrated - the kind of guy who can stuff a stat sheet while shooting 6-25 but the teams loses by 7 and he looks like he couldn't care less the entire time.

Comment

• So what I am reading is the Bucks trading is overrated, The East is still wide open, teams are mortgaging their souls, and the Raps will be looking good for 21/22.

Lovin' it.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Looks like Covington is heading to Portland. Ariza heading back to Houston along with a pick.
                                Yeah Houston is definitely having a firesale. They got two picks for Covington. The second is protected. I like Covington. I would have swapped Norm for him to give us some depth at the PF/Wing spot. Plus Covington played small ball 5 for Houston last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X