No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So apparently Detroit has traded Bruce Brown to Brooklyn for Dzanan Musa and a 2021 second round pick via Toronto as per woj. What did Toronto get out of it?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      So apparently Detroit has traded Bruce Brown to Brooklyn for Dzanan Musa and a 2021 second round pick via Toronto as per woj. What did Toronto get out of it?
      we traded them that pick when we sent that fake JYD guy to Brooklyn.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

we traded them that pick when we sent that fake JYD guy to Brooklyn.
        Actually it was for Greg Monroe.. we were trying to duck the tax so we traded Monroe at the deadline with a 2nd round pick. We did that for two other second round picks as well I believe.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Actually it was for Greg Monroe.. we were trying to duck the tax so we traded Monroe at the deadline with a 2nd round pick. We did that for two other second round picks as well I believe.
          Yeah, we are short our 2021, 2022 and 2024 2nd rounders if I recall correctly.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

You can be sarcastic all you like but if we can't bring some semblance of what he provided last year, scoff as much as you like, the team will take a step back. If we re-sign Ibaka instead, for example, would be one such scenario.
            Gasol is done. Raps squeezed whatever was left in him during the championship run. Guy looked like he just wanted off the floor against Boston. That’s when it’s over.

i am sure some teams will be interested but he isn’t the guy he was even last year.

Comment

I kind of knew it wasn't the carrol trade, but I just wanted to trash him a bit.

Comment

• Harden to the nets is not as good as Durant to the warriors was, but it's still really lame. We should jump in there and try and get Harden.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

You can be sarcastic all you like but if we can't bring some semblance of what he provided last year, scoff as much as you like, the team will take a step back. If we re-sign Ibaka instead, for example, would be one such scenario.
                  Father Time is undefeated.
                  The game goes at a step to fast now for Marc.
                  He sees it... He just can't get to the spot in time in the NBA.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    Harden to the nets is not as good as Durant to the warriors was, but it's still really lame. We should jump in there and try and get Harden.
                    Is everyone sure Durant’s leg isn’t going to fall off in March?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Is everyone sure Durant’s leg isn’t going to fall off in March?
                      # load management

Comment

• Apparently the Rockets and Nets have a verbal agreement to move Harden. Going to be a very interesting team if this becomes official.

Comment

• If it's true, it's LAME! I can't stand the team stacking, starting with the Celtics, then the Heat, and then to the Warriors. The Warriors could've won championships without Durant, so they are an outlier.

If Kyrie, Harden, and Durant are all on the same team, the league loses the relative parity that it got back last year.

Comment

Apparently the Rockets and Nets have a verbal agreement to move Harden. Going to be a very interesting team if this becomes official.
                            If this materializes... then thats got to be a few good NBA players going back to the Rockets just make the salary work...
                            Harden makes north of 40.
                            The nets don't have a trade threshold guy for 25-30M to go back..

Maybe they get Jared Allen and one or both of Levert and Dinwiddie and draft picks and pick swaps down the road. Somewhere in that deal there has to be a decent draft spot. Not a 25 or an 18... but a shot at a top 10 pick.

Its hard to see how Nash can make those three guys happy with only one ball.
                            But if it happens and Nash figures it out an the Nets kick ass then good for them.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

If this materializes... then thats got to be a few good NBA players going back to the Rockets just make the salary work...
                              Harden makes north of 40.
                              The nets don't have a trade threshold guy for 25-30M to go back..

Maybe they get Jared Allen and one or both of Levert and Dinwiddie and draft picks and pick swaps down the road. Somewhere in that deal there has to be a decent draft spot. Not a 25 or an 18... but a shot at a top 10 pick.

Its hard to see how Nash can make those three guys happy with only one ball.
                              But if it happens and Nash figures it out an the Nets kick ass then good for them.
                              I think that is the biggest issue. You have 3 ball dominate players. You are also 2m off the cap with those 3 players. It will be an interesting experiment. Obviously they could be straight up dangerous. On the other hand it could easily implode with issues with egos, injuries, and rounding out the other 12 players with 2 million.

Comment

• Has Chris Finch been mentioned here yet? A BBL buddy like Fab Flournoy. Nick going to have to start serving tea on the bench. Yes, I know none of them are actually British.

Finch, who served as associate head coach with Gentry and also with Malone, is apparently a half court offense guru. At least that's what I learned in fourteen seconds of looking at Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X