Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Tell that to Anthony Davis. Or Kawhi, for that matter, (with a brief championship detour.)

And yes, Giannis would have a lot more years on his contract than Kawhi did ... but he could certainly hold out and say "I'm only going here."

I'll concede that he may not wanna end up at that juncture though. ... That way vilification lies.

Still... I'd take the quarter billion. Maybe that's just me... but I suspect it's him, too.
    Tha quarter billion isnt going anywhere tho is it?
    Milwaukee will offer it this summer and they will offer it next summer. Im just saying id see what this team can do before committing to them long term. Short of his leg falling off the Bucks are going to offer him that money no matter what
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• What's the max any team other than the Bucks could offer him in free agency?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Tha quarter billion isnt going anywhere tho is it?
        Milwaukee will offer it this summer and they will offer it next summer. Im just saying id see what this team can do before committing to them long term. Short of his leg falling off the Bucks are going to offer him that money no matter what
        I think this is definitely what Giannis should do. The Milwaukee moves are better than where they were at, but are getting too much hype right now. I mean it's Jrue Holiday and Bojan Bogdanovic, let's slow down a bit on how big a deal these guys are. Still shaping up to be a 60 win season and a mid-playoffs exit in Wisconsin, Giannis would be smart to see how it plays out before putting pen to paper. Also wouldn't be the first guy to do that.

As far as guys leaving money on the table - yeah every situation is different, but they do it all the time. Plenty of guys are leaving the extra year & extra re-signing dollars on the table to go somewhere else.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• "Feds weighing plan for Raptors to play in Canada"
          The federal government is reviewing a proposal that would allow the Raptors to play in Canada again.
          https://www.cp24.com/sports/toronto-...gain-1.5193486

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I think this is definitely what Giannis should do. The Milwaukee moves are better than where they were at, but are getting too much hype right now. I mean it's Jrue Holiday and Bojan Bogdanovic, let's slow down a bit on how big a deal these guys are. Still shaping up to be a 60 win season and a mid-playoffs exit in Wisconsin, Giannis would be smart to see how it plays out before putting pen to paper. Also wouldn't be the first guy to do that.

As far as guys leaving money on the table - yeah every situation is different, but they do it all the time. Plenty of guys are leaving the extra year & extra re-signing dollars on the table to go somewhere else.
            I think the deadline is around Christmas for him to make the decision on the supermax though. So he can't wait for that rich extension until after the playoffs are over.

I think he still does a wait and see on whether he resigns with Milwuakee.. but I think he says no to the supermax, which will mean Masai and Riley and any other team interested in Giannis will wait things out.

Comment

• It's not unheard of to sign for the max money then ask for a trade is it?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                It's not unheard of to sign for the max money then ask for a trade is it?
                Yeah there are examples of max/near max signed, then moved shortly after. Paul George signed 137M/4yrs with OKC then wanted out to the Clippers. Happens the other way too, Blake Griffin signed a 171M/5yrs with the clips, then they shipped him out to Detroit.

What we should be doing is seeing what Indy could pay Fred if they knew they would soon lose Oladipo for nothing. They'd be thin on the backcourt, so they'll probably be up for paying him what they paid Brogdon. Would be a pretty good backcourt. Fred would get his bag and the starting PG role he wants. Plus a short flight to Rockford from Indianapolis. We would get Oladipo who wants out of there anyway, and would finally give us some length and individual shot creation to our backcourt. Throw a second round pick on either direction if someone feels it's uneven and let's get it done.

Comment

• Oladipo is not good tho, so why would we want him over Fred?

Comment

• Rockets not trading Harden and are ready for an 'uncomfortable' 2021 season.
                    hmmmmmmm.....
                    Smells like Kawhi- Spurs to me.
                    What do you think Masai?

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah there are examples of max/near max signed, then moved shortly after. Paul George signed 137M/4yrs with OKC then wanted out to the Clippers. Happens the other way too, Blake Griffin signed a 171M/5yrs with the clips, then they shipped him out to Detroit.

What we should be doing is seeing what Indy could pay Fred if they knew they would soon lose Oladipo for nothing. They'd be thin on the backcourt, so they'll probably be up for paying him what they paid Brogdon. Would be a pretty good backcourt. Fred would get his bag and the starting PG role he wants. Plus a short flight to Rockford from Indianapolis. We would get Oladipo who wants out of there anyway, and would finally give us some length and individual shot creation to our backcourt. Throw a second round pick on either direction if someone feels it's uneven and let's get it done.
                      Oladipo's health concerns me. Indiana reportedly offered him 4 years $80M and he turned it down. Being that Indiana doesn't get a heck of a lot free agents looking their way you would think they would have offered Dipo more if they thought he was healthy.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Oladipo's health concerns me. Indiana reportedly offered him 4 years $80M and he turned it down. Being that Indiana doesn't get a heck of a lot free agents looking their way you would think they would have offered Dipo more if they thought he was healthy.
                        He didn't look right coming back from that injury. People can excuse it however they want (and there may be some legitimate reasons other than the injury) but the fact remains he was a shadow of his former self. Even then, the guy has played 1 season, plus one-half of a season, at an all-star level in his first 6 seasons. Even if he is 100%, there is no guarantee he plays like a #2 option, let alone a #1 star.

Comment

• Nobody has had much of an offseason either.. since the bubble just ended a few months ago. So it would be unlikely that Dipo rebounds so quickly. If he rebounds in Indiana that's good for them.. they can get a decent haul at the deadline. If he continues to look bad, then Indiana is only on the hook for one year. After that he becomes a UFA. Then its up to Dipo and his agent to try and find a team willing to give him an opportunity. Maybe the Raptors take that chance if they lose out on Giannis. But if I was Masai/Bobby.. I don't jump in until we know for sure how he rebounds this season.

Comment

• So... its draft night

Hypothetical.... The Raps have the number 1 overall pick tonight.

Who do they take given their current lineup ?
                            I am drafting Anthony Edwards.

Who ya got as the Raps pick ?
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Nobody has had much of an offseason either.. since the bubble just ended a few months ago. So it would be unlikely that Dipo rebounds so quickly. If he rebounds in Indiana that's good for them.. they can get a decent haul at the deadline. If he continues to look bad, then Indiana is only on the hook for one year. After that he becomes a UFA. Then its up to Dipo and his agent to try and find a team willing to give him an opportunity. Maybe the Raptors take that chance if they lose out on Giannis. But if I was Masai/Bobby.. I don't jump in until we know for sure how he rebounds this season.
                              Also, I know it is position-less basketball and BPA and all that but the Raps are very, very thin up front at the moment and also lack scoring punch on the wing. Meanwhile, they have Lowry, FVV (probably), Powell, Davis (subject to whatever happens with the assault allegations), Thomas and McCaw and even Johnson at the guard spots. Presumably, there need to be some re-balancing of the roster to help OG and Siakam and have someone decent at the 5-spot (be that Ibaka or Gasol or someone else). I think the Raps can live without Oladipo in any case.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                So... its draft night

Hypothetical.... The Raps have the number 1 overall pick tonight.

Who do they take given their current lineup ?
                                I am drafting Anthony Edwards.

Who ya got as the Raps pick ?
                                Edwards would be the guy for me as well though I haven't seen anyone of these guys play. His size, athleticism and scoring ability is too much to pass up for a team in need of a star to contend. He can get some experience behind Lowry and FVV the next year or two before claiming the starting role.

Any big we draft would need to be thrown into the fire right away to fill a need, so I don't see the Raps addressing their front court needs in tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X