Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah there are examples of max/near max signed, then moved shortly after. Paul George signed 137M/4yrs with OKC then wanted out to the Clippers. Happens the other way too, Blake Griffin signed a 171M/5yrs with the clips, then they shipped him out to Detroit.

What we should be doing is seeing what Indy could pay Fred if they knew they would soon lose Oladipo for nothing. They'd be thin on the backcourt, so they'll probably be up for paying him what they paid Brogdon. Would be a pretty good backcourt. Fred would get his bag and the starting PG role he wants. Plus a short flight to Rockford from Indianapolis. We would get Oladipo who wants out of there anyway, and would finally give us some length and individual shot creation to our backcourt. Throw a second round pick on either direction if someone feels it's uneven and let's get it done.
    I've gone over this example on twitter and on here as well I think (also wrote a big article if you want more details on the mechanism, here: link). Due to base year compensation, it is really tough to match salary on a Fred SnT - to make a deal with Indy work, it would need to be Fred and Norm and McCaw and Johnson (plus assets like TD and a first I would expect) for Oladipo and Turner.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So...a little sobering light on James Hardens ask to play with his friends on the sole premise being because he wants to.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Nov 18, 2020, 03:43 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I've gone over this example on twitter and on here as well I think (also wrote a big article if you want more details on the mechanism, here: link). Due to base year compensation, it is really tough to match salary on a Fred SnT - to make a deal with Indy work, it would need to be Fred and Norm and McCaw and Johnson (plus assets like TD and a first I would expect) for Oladipo and Turner.
        Why would you trade for two guys who have consistently finished behind you using players that have consistently beat them over the past two years...
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Why would you trade for two guys who have consistently finished behind you using players that have consistently beat them over the past two years...
          Would you trade Malcolm Miller for Joel Embiid?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Would you trade Malcolm Miller for Joel Embiid?
            What else comes back with Embiid?
            Philly cheese steak is great ....

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Is this sarcasm?

Comment

• Horford and 2 picks for Danny Green.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Horford and 2 picks for Danny Green.
                    Wait, when did I miss an entire Danny Green to the Thunder trade? He's already getting traded again and I didn't even know he was traded out of LAL to begin with...
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

LOL
                      The Bucks organization still sucks. Seriously, they got lucky with Giannis and otherwise are not good. People want too much out of them.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Wait, when did I miss an entire Danny Green to the Thunder trade? He's already getting traded again and I didn't even know he was traded out of LAL to begin with...
                        He was traded for Shroder.

Comment

• lmaoooooooo

Comment

He was traded for Shroder.
                            Ah, I saw the Schroeder, headline, didn't see it was for Danny 'Hot Potato' Green.

Comment

• OKC really are whores for future firsts damn. Good on Danny for getting back on a playoff team though
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Horford and 2 picks for Danny Green.
                                Full Details:

Comment

Working...
                                X