No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand the motivation for Houston here. They salary dumped a player with the #16 pick which is pretty close to lottery level. For a guy that only had $1.8M guaranteed on his contract. Then they spent about $4.6M on a second round pick.

Is the new GM dumb? I don't get the math here.

They would have cleared the luxury tax just by waiving Ariza. They could have saved $10M. That's the full mid-level. Plus the pick they get back from Detroit is really well protected. Top 16 protected for the next 4 years. If Pistons make the playoffs in 4 years it's conveyed basically. That can happen in the East.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't understand the motivation for Houston here. They salary dumped a player with the #16 pick which is pretty close to lottery level. For a guy that only had $1.8M guaranteed on his contract. Then they spent about $4.6M on a second round pick.

They would have cleared the luxury tax just by waiving Ariza. They could have saved $10M. That's the full mid-level. Plus the pick they get back from Detroit is really well protected. Top 16 protected for the next 4 years. If Pistons make the playoffs in 4 years it's conveyed basically. That can happen in the East.
      I think it's a case that if they waived Ariza, his salary would still be on the books in some form - by trading him - it clears them enough salary to have a full Mid-Level Exception that might be useful

Comment

• There might be owners trying to shed operating costs this year due to the lost revenue. I’m not sure Houston’s new owner is going to be as wild with his money as the last.

I have a feeling that’s why Morey left and they are having a fire sale

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I don't understand the motivation for Houston here. They salary dumped a player with the #16 pick which is pretty close to lottery level. For a guy that only had $1.8M guaranteed on his contract. Then they spent about $4.6M on a second round pick.

Also - because the Front Office is fairly new - they figured that they didn't have enough information/trust/relationship with the scouts to want to make a selection this eyar.

Comment

• Okay nevermind.. this is a new CBA change. Non guaranteed contracts don't work the way they used to in trades:
            https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/03/...n-new-cba.html

Detroit probably does not have enough to sign Fred.. unless he leaves for under $16M/year.

Comment

• I don't think Fred is leaving. Masai and Bobby have already said he is their priority.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                The Rockets are trading Trevor Ariza and the No. 16 pick in tonight’s draft to the Pistons in exchange for a future first-round pick, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (via Twitter). Houston will also purchase the Lakers’ 2021 second-round pick from Detroit for $4.6MM as part of the swap, Wojnarowski adds (via Twitter).
                That makes Trevor Ariza involved in the 23% of all NBA in trades in the past 10 years. Second to him is Ilyasova.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

That makes Trevor Ariza involved in the 23% of all NBA in trades in the past 10 years. Second to him is Ilyasova.
                  thats crazy

Comment

• The sign-and-trade between Sacramento and Milwaukee for Bogdanovic is off (for now)

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

thats crazy
                      I kid my man... though he's probably not far from that

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• WOAH

bwahahahahaa

Fuck the Bucks

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            WOAH

So.. just a tad awkward for Justin James, Ilyasova, DiVincenzo, and Wilson - especially if they start the season with their same teams

Comment

• What a brutal break for Klay. Torn achilles after finally getting healthy. He had historically been a really consistently healthy guy too, and now two significant injuries. Will he ever get back to the player he was? Just tough.
                              Last edited by Maury; Wed Nov 18, 2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Woj is so connected he reports on trades before the player that needs to ok the trade even knows about it. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X