Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Wicked funny.

But shit.. they have 5 do they not... and thats after they let go two in Portis and Gibson.

Randle, Obi "WanKenobe" Toppin, Kevin Knox, Ed Davis, Iggy Bradzekis,
    It boggles the mind.

Dolan gonna Dolan.

(which I appreciate)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Could mean the end of Giannis in Milwaukee... but this is kind of whack.

There was nothing from all the shenanigans involving Kawhi, Uncle Dennis and the Clippers. How many free agents signed before the start of free agency last year? I remember Kemba getting signed like right away. How is that possible if teams can't talk to free agents until the bell rings?

This season we had like 2 weeks notice before free agency started.

I guess I'm more upset at the hypocrisy. If this is a new trend for the NBA, then they have to be consistent going forward. There should never be a situation where a "free agent" is signing with a team before the start of free agency.
      So as you have succinctly pointed out... this is largely unenforceable... so maybe just waive the no talk period and let guys negotiate all year long..
      Seems they do anyway.,
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• I actually like what the Knicks have been doing. I'm sure they made that move to get picks. Leon Rose has made some smart moves, and if the Obi pick turns out it may be very good as the fit with Obi and RJ (and Robinson, who is likely going to be a stud, maybe the best of the bunch) is pretty ideal, although I'm pretty low on RJ right now. I would go hard for Hayward if I were them. He'll make life a million times easier for Obi and RJ, and he will help make them a competent team that pushes for the playoffs. What they need is consistency and growth. Hayward would really really help with that. He can shoot, playmaker, defend, and he's probably the best they can do in terms of leadership and veteran presence. All they really need is a point guard that can shoot (easier said than done). Don't go for Russ. Don't do it. Also, there's no way Davis plays for them. They'll waive him or trade him. They want picks.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Could mean the end of Giannis in Milwaukee... but this is kind of whack.

There was nothing from all the shenanigans involving Kawhi, Uncle Dennis and the Clippers. How many free agents signed before the start of free agency last year? I remember Kemba getting signed like right away. How is that possible if teams can't talk to free agents until the bell rings?

This season we had like 2 weeks notice before free agency started.

I guess I'm more upset at the hypocrisy. If this is a new trend for the NBA, then they have to be consistent going forward. There should never be a situation where a "free agent" is signing with a team before the start of free agency.
          Wonder how much of this fiasco is franchises letting shams and woj have a open door into the franchise. Deals like this are probably done all the time behind closed doors but now you have guys racing to be the first to report and its kind of just spitting in the NBA face that they are circumventing the rules.
          Masai is rightfully tight lipped with those new breaker type guys
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Comment

• I'm not a fan of James Harden, but this sure reminds me Kawli Leonard Drama, Masai swoops in and gives his famous words..F%$# Brooklyn..
              The only thing is, it would have 2 be a sign and trade for Freddy,1st rd picks, and through in player money contracts..ie..mccaw,stanley,hernadez..
              I honestly hope I'm wrong and it doesn't happen, Im not big fan of Harden, he is great talent,hall of famer for sure, anyway I have a funny feeling, raptors have been very quiet, it's the same feeling when we got Kawli, but I like Kawli,love his game.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Wonder how much of this fiasco is franchises letting shams and woj have a open door into the franchise. Deals like this are probably done all the time behind closed doors but now you have guys racing to be the first to report and its kind of just spitting in the NBA face that they are circumventing the rules.
                Masai is rightfully tight lipped with those new breaker type guys
                Remember when the league fined Dumars $500,000 for leaking to Woj? Remember how much Woj talked up Dumars for years while he ran Detroit into the ground?

I get that sometimes you might want to leak but as a rule if I ran a team and a leak came from us that person would be fired instantly. You can also let agents know you won’t deal with them if things leak.

This Shams and Woj garbage benefits no one but them. Teams and agents are stupid for thinking otherwise. At the same time, ESPN needs to make sure Woj isn’t reporting false information based on sources. It isn’t good journalism either.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Remember when the league fined Dumars $500,000 for leaking to Woj? Remember how much Woj talked up Dumars for years while he ran Detroit into the ground?

I get that sometimes you might want to leak but as a rule if I ran a team and a leak came from us that person would be fired instantly. You can also let agents know you won’t deal with them if things leak.

This Shams and Woj garbage benefits no one but them. Teams and agents are stupid for thinking otherwise. At the same time, ESPN needs to make sure Woj isn’t reporting false information based on sources. It isn’t good journalism either.
                  Woj also tries to fuck over franchises that dont give him access. I.E reporting Lowry was going to be involved in the Gasol trade, reporting Masai is going to be potentially going to the wizards literally 5 minutes after we win the championship.
                  Dudes a weasel
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Woj also tries to fuck over franchises that dont give him access. I.E reporting Lowry was going to be involved in the Gasol trade, reporting Masai is going to be potentially going to the wizards literally 5 minutes after we win the championship.
                    Dudes a weasel
                    Yes, he has it in for Raps cause they don’t leak to him. But who cares? These guys are parasites. LeBron has kept Woj and these guys away from him for years. It isn’t that hard.

Comment

• Boston losing Hayward for nothing and Milwaukee completely blundering this Bogdan thing has completely made my week. Can't wait to see Brooklyn's locker room meltdown, I give it 60 days into the season.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Boston losing Hayward for nothing and Milwaukee completely blundering this Bogdan thing has completely made my week. Can't wait to see Brooklyn's locker room meltdown, I give it 60 days into the season.
                        And the Raptors ho-hum their way into a top-three seed
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Boston losing Hayward for nothing and Milwaukee completely blundering this Bogdan thing has completely made my week. Can't wait to see Brooklyn's locker room meltdown, I give it 60 days into the season.
                          Hayward must have an iron clad offer of 4 years north of 125M$ to opt out.
                          Its gotta be the Knicks as they just cleared 40M off the balance sheet.
                          Think only Hot Lanta has that kind of room of the remaining teams.

So the Knicks by staying the course and holding onto their picks and cap room have improved ..

If and its just my guess its the Knicks... The bum boys of the East now start

Mitchell Robinson at the 5...
                          Toppin or Boss Davis at the 4... have to think Randle will be traded for whatever they can get.. maybe a backup PG
                          Hayward at SF
                          RJ Barrett at SG
                          Frank Ntillanka at PG...

Unless they have enough dough for both Hayward and FVV and Freddy says yes.

Thats a pretty decent team.. a playoff team if Freddy signs there or in the disucssion if its French Franc running the point.... which is way better than the Knicks of last year were.

They still have 6 firsts over the next 3 years.
                          The East is getting better up and down the ranks.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            I actually like what the Knicks have been doing. I'm sure they made that move to get picks. Leon Rose has made some smart moves, and if the Obi pick turns out it may be very good as the fit with Obi and RJ (and Robinson, who is likely going to be a stud, maybe the best of the bunch) is pretty ideal, although I'm pretty low on RJ right now. I would go hard for Hayward if I were them. He'll make life a million times easier for Obi and RJ, and he will help make them a competent team that pushes for the playoffs. What they need is consistency and growth. Hayward would really really help with that. He can shoot, playmaker, defend, and he's probably the best they can do in terms of leadership and veteran presence. All they really need is a point guard that can shoot (easier said than done). Don't go for Russ. Don't do it. Also, there's no way Davis plays for them. They'll waive him or trade him. They want picks.
                            I think they keep Davis and tie a Saturn 5 rocket to Randles ass and get him out of town as fast as they can.
                            No reasonable offer refused.
                            I am surprised there wasn't a fight in the parking lot between him and Portis at some point last year.
                            Both are World Class UI's.
                            This guy is the PF version of Westbrooke. A surly ball hog who never met a shot or an oppty he didn't take.
                            With that said .. I'm sure he comes here and I will have to eat crow pie.
                            - TGO

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yes, he has it in for Raps cause they don’t leak to him. But who cares? These guys are parasites. LeBron has kept Woj and these guys away from him for years. It isn’t that hard.
                              If Woj can actually blow up deals for teams he doesn’t like, then I guess you have to care.

Comment

• Bucks fandom is weird. I've argued with them on Twitter the last couple years as they watched guys walk for nothing and continued to tread water as a franchise. They defend every move ownership/management makes, even when it doesn't get them anywhere. That's a cheap ass organization and they're going to lose Giannis, whether after this season or a year or two into his new contract. Now it's all Woj's fault that they failed to land a mid-level role player in his late 20's and they're convinced Woj will cost them Giannis. How about your cheap ass ownership and mildly incompetent management might cost you Giannis? How many years of running a franchise with a superstar centrepiece and the only 'star' you put beside him is Khris Middleton? There's a lot of Chris-Bosh-on-the-Raptors type of dynamic going on there and they're totally in denial.

This will be Giannis' 8th season in Milwaukee and in all that time they've given him 1 Khris Middleton and that's it. Just own it.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X