Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Hayward 4/120 to Charlotte...

Comment

• Woj says Hayward is signing with Charlotte for 4 years and $120 million.

I'm not even sure there is a Knicks hold-my-beer moment possible to compare with that (although if any team could prove me wrong on that score, it's the Knicks).

Comment

• Hayward to Charlotte...so...c^*#ics get nothing. Knicks get nothing (yet). 🙂

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          Freddie for 85! That’s a good deal!
          Its the Brogdon deal.

Good deal for Freddy. Good deal for the Raps.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Freddys deal will be good when lowry is gone and takes over for Lowry as the starting pg..I don't want lowry gone, but next year his a free agent and if he has another year like this year..he would want pretty close 2 what his getting and more than Freddy..raptors can't do that, we need that money for max guys, also we gotta get OG done,his a must, hope serge comes back this year, will c.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah I'm not as fidgety as you when it comes to wanting change all the time but I see where you come from.

What bugs me a bit is the lost opportunity cost: Assets fresh from a championship can (1) keep you close to another title if you continue to add win-now talent (what the lakers is doing) or (2) be flipped for high picks and elite prospects that can set you up for years.

That only works right after the chip though. If you let them all age, walk away in free agency or be further removed from the championship run, that value slowly evaporates. A loose analogy is like having a million bucks sitting on a checking account for years of high inflation (other teams getting better) and not invested. It's still a million bucks and it's awesome, but over time the value is slowly eroded, and the opportunity to make more from it through investing is lost. Right now we have the million bucks (which is safe and it's awesome), but we're just buying lotto 649 tickets (Giannis), rather than investing it in the stock market.

Personally, I'm never one to make moves just for the sake of it. That said, what I would do now is aggressively pursue guys like Beal, Oladipo, Harden, Gobert, KAT, Embiid, etc, even if it means losing some combination of current assets, future picks and the 2021 cap space. Take a risk and take control of the team's fortune now by pursuing an elite shooting guard and/or centre for the future to pair with Siakam & OG, while the champioship shine is still there. Soon we might not have the capital to pursue big trades anymore. To me that beats a pipe dream scenario where Giannis leaves a better team offering more money (like the Bucks), to come here (and not Miami).
              As much as I'm a huge fan of Giannis, I would take Beal or Jimmy Buckets to go with Siakam/FVV/OG as a sure thing over the 20% chance we get The Alphabet here. If we had managed to SIGN Jimmy here when he went to Miami, we just might be sipping out of our second chip right now. Then you could have justified running it all back for a potential 3-peat or even moving Kyle for a boatload of picks and prospects to still get ready for Giannis.....
              Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Nov 21, 2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• i think the fred contract is pretty good.

I'd be fine to give serge a huge 1 year deal and then take a shot at Giannis next season.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                  Woj says Hayward is signing with Charlotte for 4 years and $120 million.

I'm not even sure there is a Knicks hold-my-beer moment possible to compare with that (although if any team could prove me wrong on that score, it's the Knicks).
                  They have been waiting to pounce on Embiid.
                  40M in space so they can absorb him.

Its so Knicks.
                  Give up a path to long term competitiveness for some magic beans and to compete with the Nets in the NY Tabloids. .
                  Holding out hope for my bold prediction.

- TGO

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Wow, Hayward 4/120 to Charlotte...
                    Omg..WTF..lol..BAD CONTRACT..Kemba is like,are u serious. Charlotte good luck.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Lol what a contract for Hayward that makes no sense to where the hornets are in the rebuilding process. Bizarre
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• wtf Hornets lol
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Woot, woot? Like, are we really supposed to be celebrating this albatross contract? SMH. Fred really took the franchise to the cleaners, benefiting from Lowry, Siakam, Kawhi & Nurse. Is FVV really worth $14M/year more than DJ Augustin, who can actually run a pick & roll and has a mid-range floater?

Let's go, Malachi!
                          You serious?
                          Grant pretty much for the same contract?
                          Joe harris got something similar,
                          This is the brogdon deal.
                          Fair market value for Fred and he could have probably got more from a lesser franchise. That contract will not be hard to move if we really want to.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I love that this management team is never rushed. The PG position is locked up with solid depth for years to come. We’re flexible and our culture is rock solid. Glad to be a fan of a winning organization. Though, I’m sure Detroit and Charlotte fans are having a lot of fun this morning opening up their shiny new toys.

Masai is only interested in one shiny toy, and the Lakers are currently holding it for us.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Wow, Hayward 4/120 to Charlotte...
                              Is it me or is this a gigantic fuck you to Boston by Hayward.

He left.

He left and he took his ball and went to Charlotte !!
                              Perennial dog with fleas franchise and NBA backwater Charlotte.

To get away from who or what in Boston.

- TGO

Comment

• FVV only getting $10 million more than Joe Harris? Lol
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X