Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbo wrote: View Post
    I love that this management team is never rushed. The PG position is locked up with solid depth for years to come. We’re flexible and our culture is rock solid. Glad to be a fan of a winning organization. Though, I’m sure Detroit and Charlotte fans are having a lot of fun this morning opening up their shiny new toys.

Masai is only interested in one shiny toy, and the Lakers are currently holding it for us.
    Anthony Davis?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      By the way, if I’m a NBA prospect, I am signing with Hayward’s agent. Guy is a genius.
      NBA already decreed that every top 30 draft pick must sign with Klutch

Comment

• Fwiw (looking at this from the “that speaks well of Fred” way rather than the “Knicks did something smart” way)

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

NBA already decreed that every top 30 draft pick must sign with Klutch
          Nah, Mark Bartlestein would be my guy. That Hayward deal is insane.

Comment

• Jae Crowder heading to the desert

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Fwiw (looking at this from the “that speaks well of Fred” way rather than the “Knicks did something smart” way)

They'll overpay for a mediocre star next FA after missing out on the big name stars.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Fwiw (looking at this from the “that speaks well of Fred” way rather than the “Knicks did something smart” way)

I can't wait to see the FVV quote, "I only wanted to be in Toronto, special thing here, edge of going back to the finals, Raps really pursued me" blah blah blah. Hopefully he throws in a "my team" or two ....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  By the way, if I’m a NBA prospect, I am signing with Hayward’s agent. Guy is a genius.
                  Or get generous MJ's number.
                  Gordo is this year's Rozier. Lol

Comment

I can't wait to see the FVV quote, "I only wanted to be in Toronto, special thing here, edge of going back to the finals, Raps really pursued me" blah blah blah. Hopefully he throws in a "my team" or two ....
                    I think I’m going to get you TRex’s pony. Was it TRex that needed the pony?

Comment

• My God, what was Charlotte thinking?

Comment

• Charlotte is waiving-and-stretching Batum to make room on the roster for Hayward.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Charlotte is waiving-and-stretching Batum to make room on the roster for Hayward.
                          He would make an interesting Bradley replacement for the Lakers if he's willing to slide into the ever-decreasing cap space there, no?

Comment

Anthony Davis?
                            Larry O’Brien

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              My God, what was Charlotte thinking?
                              Hayward is still a very good player coming off a good season - but yeah thats a LOT of money. That being said, for a historically awful org, they should have a pretty fun team this year. They do have some actual pieces, think they just saw this as the last chance to aquire talent before they started to pay their young guys and went for it. Seems like they are betting on Ball being a Morant type guy ealry in his career.

As much flack as Detroit and Charlotte are going to (rightfully) get for overpays, at least they are trying to set up their recent picks for success by surrounding them with a team that semi-fits and wants to win games. Like I see how some of these pieces fit together compared to other most rebuilding teams who just throw a hunch of talent at the wall to see what sticks. Ill be interested to see if young guys develop well there.

Comment

• Is the 'no one wants to play in Toronto' narrative dead yet? Just checking in.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X