Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quirk wrote: View Post
    Serge is kinda like DeRozan, nice guy, great for fans, but slightly above mediocre at his best. You thank him and move on.
    Whoa hard to accept words but when these things happen you realize youve been looking through Rosy coloured glasses for sure. Bit of negativity and reality for player.
    All I say this is going to be an off year for us. Hopefully we can regroup in 2021-22

Comment

• You have to think that Gasol would be amenable to coming off the bench. That could mean the starting center spot is available and the pull of more minutes for one of the centers left, as well as the chance to play with Lowry, Siakim and OG would be interesting to say the least. Flynn was in something like the 96th percentile in the Pick and Roll. Pairing him with Gasol could provide a tremendous scoring punch to the bench unit by the end of the season, as well as give him additional opportunity to hone his PG skills at the next level playing against bench guys.

Just a thought. Taking advantage of high-level skills that the players have is a Raptors thing to do.

Comment

• Gasol is the anchor of the raptors defense. A lot of people have a poor opinion of his performance last year because they don't understand his game. Every time you notice him, he is doing something bad, like clanking a shot, but he needs to take those shots to stay on the floor and make just enough of them to keep the opponent's defense honest. Thus, he needs to brick shots to stay on the floor. However, it's when you don't notice him that he valuable, anchoring one of the best defenses of all time. The Raptors would be a much worse team without him on the floor, and there are not too many players that can replace him. Flynn will have to do his magic with slim duck.

Comment

• t
          Kagemusha wrote: View Post
          No disrespect to our amazing Masai, but if he can't convince Serge to stay, how can he convince Giannis to come over?
          Because Serge doesn't fit the timeline.
          Hes 31.

Fred is 26
          OG is 23
          Pascal is 25

Sad but the orginal cast of We THe North has run its course. It won a championship. Of all leagues the NBA is the most fluid for players to move around.

If The Alphabet does go to FA... The Raptors have as good a shot as any team to land him regardless of what you hear in the oh so ethnocentric NBA MSM media. Its almost as if they never leave Los Angeles or Boston or Miami.

Fitting the time line at 22 is Harry Giles at 6'11" 240 pounds. He can hang with Embiid
          No he can't shoot the 3 like Serge can..
          Yes he can rebound like Serge can't.
          Yes he can protect the rim.
          AND
          Yes he is 22 years old.
          Haryy was a 5 star all world next transcendant player coming out of high school then he had some bad luck with injury at Duke. Then he had to go the Labrea Tar pits of career development in Sacto.

Hope we can get him.
          Again he is 22... younger than some of the players we have drafted.

If not. In Dewan we trust.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Nov 22, 2020, 10:23 AM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• If this is what we have to look forward to from Bobby Webster I am out. At least try and trade we get nothing from this. Serge and Marc both should go to better teams at this point in their career no ill will towards them

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              I am out.
              I hope you recover from your main character syndrome.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Fitting the time line at 22 is Harry Giles at 6'11" 240 pounds.
                I like Giles, but since he's a UFA and young, there is no way he would take a 1 year deal, so I'm not sure how we go after him without abandoning the Gianis dream.

Comment

• Has any of the moves we made show that we are prepared ?

Comment

t

Because Serge doesn't fit the timeline.
                    Hes 31.

Fred is 26
                    OG is 23
                    Pascal is 25

Sad but the orginal cast of We THe North has run its course. It won a championship. Of all leagues the NBA is the most fluid for players to move around.

If The Alphabet does go to FA... The Raptors have as good a shot as any team to land him regardless of what you hear in the oh so ethnocentric NBA MSM media. Its almost as if they never leave Los Angeles or Boston or Miami.

Fitting the time line at 22 is Harry Giles at 6'11" 240 pounds. He can hang with Embiid
                    No he can't shoot the 3 like Serge can..
                    Yes he can rebound like Serge can't.
                    Yes he can protect the rim.
                    AND
                    Yes he is 22 years old.
                    Haryy was a 5 star all world next transcendant player coming out of high school then he had some bad luck with injury at Duke. Then he had to go the Labrea Tar pits of career development in Sacto.

Hope we can get him.

If not. In Dewan we trust.
                    because we were likely not offering surge a ton of money or multiple years

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

I like Giles, but since he's a UFA and young, there is no way he would take a 1 year deal, so I'm not sure how we go after him without abandoning the Gianis dream.
                      He could sign for cheap though

Comment

• I expecting serge to walk what I didn’t expect was we have yet to sign a Center

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

because we were likely not offering surge a ton of money or multiple years
                          And Because he doesn't fit the timeline.
                          Serge wanted term. We can't give term AND money outside of the core of Pascal.. Fred and OG.
                          Ujriis strategy is to keep a max slot open for Giannas until The ALphabet signals otherwise.

Its not as if Ujiri has a new long term strategy of the week.
                          Its been this way for 2 years.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

And Because he doesn't fit the timeline.
                            Serge wanted term. We can't give term AND money outside of the core of Pascal.. Fred and OG.
                            Ujriis strategy is to keep a max slot open for Giannas until The ALphabet signals otherwise.

Its not as if Ujiri has a new long term strategy of the week.
                            Its been this way for 2 years.
                            Trade Lowry ? You have to know when it’s time to move on.

if Marc doesn’t sign which he should t we are officially in rebuild mode

Comment

• Get me Bismarck or whiteside I guess at this point

Comment

• I’d be happy with Gasol and Harry Giles

Comment

Working...
                                X