X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would be happy with Giles and Gasol or Willie Stein

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
      Serge is kinda like DeRozan, nice guy, great for fans, but slightly above mediocre at his best. You thank him and move on.
      Wow..really, mediocre at best, so half the league and the fucking clippers who just got him and are going for championship are getting a mediocre guy, just stop..I dont think some of raptor fans don't understand, how big of blow this is 2 raptors organization, remember you gotta be relevant this year 2 attract big boi free agents, as of right now..we might not make the playoffs, both him and gasol were the main cogs of our Defense, plus stretched the floor,shots the 3 good, u thought pascal was bad before, just wait, no one is gonna respect center, collapse, also Ibaka always would save the guards all the time with penetration, this is big..I rather would have Ibaka signed than freddy. This is a 10 win lost swing, from 50 win team..hopefully 40 win and playoffs, east got better..this team is not championship contender,anymore..they weren't before, but this seals it..
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        We gotta sign Gasol now.
        *Sigh....*

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          That sucks. Wonder what our offer was. Did he turn down a 1 year $20 million deal to sign a 2 year deal? If we didn’t offer a balloon payment why not?
          You can’t compete with Ballmer...... if you know what I mean. There’s a consistent trend of good role players signing way below their market value.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

I hope u right..I feel like shit, I'm big fan of Ibaka,were definitely gonna miss him and his scarfs

Don't be surprised this trade deadline year we trade Kyle 2 clippers..
            They have nothing left to trade for the pile it would take to land Kyle. Raps may well be suddenly on the re-build path tho in which case let's get a ton for him.

Comment

• My morning coffee is a bit bitter today after a downer last night.

Serge was the team’s only consistent offense off the bench last season. When he was on the floor, he at least was the most palatable option when there is a long stretch of drought with scoring between the two diminutive guards and Siakam.

Masai, for his team to stay competitive this coming season before the big free agency next year, has to address a lot of gaping holes...
              - scoring off the bench
              - improving the half court offense against a set defense
              - keeping opponents thinking caution in driving the ball down the lane with Serge around.

Biyombo or Whiteside are good pieces if Masai can add more scoring threats

Baynes or Giles can be decent gets.

Bottomline, Serge is a huge loss but team has to move on with 2021 free agency as the main goal.

For now, Masai has a full season to showcase Giannis that Toronto is the destination.

...but the pieces right now may not be enough to survive the ever competitive East.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Woj: "At this hour, Toronto is still working to convince free agent Marc Gasol to return on a new deal, sources tell ESPN."
                Serge or not, I don't care. Pass....

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Wow..really, mediocre at best, so half the league and the fucking clippers who just got him and are going for championship are getting a mediocre guy, just stop..I dont think some of raptor fans don't understand, how big of blow this is 2 raptors organization, remember you gotta be relevant this year 2 attract big boi free agents, as of right now..we might not make the playoffs, both him and gasol were the main cogs of our Defense, plus stretched the floor,shots the 3 good, u thought pascal was bad before, just wait, no one is gonna respect center, collapse, also Ibaka always would save the guards all the time with penetration, this is big..I rather would have Ibaka signed than freddy. This is a 10 win lost swing, from 50 win team..hopefully 40 win and playoffs, east got better..this team is not championship contender,anymore..they weren't before, but this seals it..
                  I said slightly above mediocre at his best, he was often below average, brutal at 4, but above average at his best, as a back up 5. And yes, by definition more than half the league is mediocre at best, and even teams with championship aspirations are mostly made up of mediocre players, at best. Serge makes sense as a replacement for Harrell.

Ibaka will not be hard for the Raptors to replace, there are always competent bigs available for smart management, and he is not even close to Gasol in terms of his importance to the team, and certainly if there was ever a choice between him and FVV, they made the right one.

Comment

• Have to admit I didn't expect this level of panic and despair in the RR forum after this. Good to see we're back in the groove!
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This is probably going to be laughed at.. but would the Kings trade Bagley for Norm and a FRP?

Bagley was picked before Doncic so he has baggage and may be untradeable. Norm is not an all-star. But it's seeming likely that they will lose Bogdanovich. And they'll need a guard that can score to replace what he did for them.

Just trying to find a player that can become a free agent next season but can be traded for some of our guard depth that we have a lot of.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Have to admit I didn't expect this level of panic and despair in the RR forum after this. Good to see we're back in the groove!
                        Its funny. I didn't expect Ibaka to be back for more than another season, especially after Fred got re-signed. He left a season early where everybody knows we're trying to keep max slot open. It shouldn't come as a surprise Ibaka went somewhere else.

Comment

• yall being silly seriously if we get decent center pick up like giles siakam is coming back STRONG.. trust me believe that. We are still going to be very competitive.. Flynn will be an all rookie and wow everyone.... OG is going to take at least a step forward on offense and be much more consistent as a threat. Defence will be there as always.. why is everyone worried. We are better than everyone thinks.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

Trade Lowry ? You have to know when it’s time to move on.

if Marc doesn’t sign which he should t we are officially in rebuild mode
                            Kyle fits the timeline.
                            His deal is up at the end of this year and Kyle is now Mr. Raptor.

There will be disagreement on this but to me Marc Gasol has passed his best before date.
                            The game is a step too fast for the all star and nba champion. He still knows what to do and can see it. His body can't keep up with how he sees the game.
                            It happens. Father time is undefeated.

The 5 is now the least valued position in the NBA today.
                            We will find someone

So Right now its.

Starting C TBA
                            Pascal at PF
                            OG at SF
                            Freddy at SG
                            Kyle at PG

First ballandler/ wing off the bench is Norm. Second guy in will be anyone of TD / McCaw or Little Irish Flynn. .
                            First big in off the bench will be Boucher

Work to do.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• What is the point of resigning Gasol ?
                              No point at all.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Have to admit I didn't expect this level of panic and despair in the RR forum after this. Good to see we're back in the groove!
                                I think there is a degree of surprise with Serge. My sense is that Raptorland thought he was almost certainly coming back on some big one year deal.

As for panic, need to wait and see. Presumably, there is a plan B.

Comment

Working...
                                X