Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Fantastic..everything is just fine..lol, raptors can't sign a free agent, but hey we got cap space, right..knicks have cap space 2, they suck.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
      Giles to the Blazers on a 1-year deal as per Woj.

(I expect more despairing wails to come from that news. Might as well get it started.)
      And one year no less! We didn’t sign an injury prone kid who has yet to show what he can do as our starting centre! The horror! If you don’t have faith in Masai by now, you may have been watching the wrong show.

Comment

• Torrey Craig going to Bucks per Woj

Comment

• Why not Bogdan?

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Fantastic..everything is just fine..lol, raptors can't sign a free agent, but hey we got cap space, right..knicks have cap space 2, they suck.
            Knicks don't have a Pascal, OG, Fred or Lowry on the team. Relax. We didn't get Serge, and might not get Marc. Those guys aren't show stoppers. They were good in their roles, but Masai can get something else. He's got lots of assets for a trade. Every first round pick and lots of young talent he can package together.

Cap space is not just for free agency. It can be used as leverage in a trade. Masai and Bobby know how to operate. Masai is the guy that took Bryan Colangelo's roster that included Rudy Gay and Andrea Barganani and in 5-6 short years got them a championship.. with no lottery picks by the way.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

it’s been a good run ! we need to start talking how we retool or rebuild.
              Nah this is a transition year. It's always been about the 2021 free agency.

They got their most important free agent signed so they're set at the PG position for years. Losing Ibaka hurts because you know.....Clippers. But if he signed with the Nets or some other team I wouldn't even care.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Looks like small ball & replicating Houston last season will be what the Raptors will have to sell this season.

Bigs (whoever's they sign) will play like 10-15 minutes per game lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Torrey Craig going to Bucks per Woj
                  Damn. That's a great signing for the Bucks.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                    Why not Bogdan?
                    Atlanta signed him. Let's see if the Kings match. Would have to be a sweetheart offer for the Kings not to match and let him go.

Comment

• I would have liked Serge back for the year, but I guess I'm not as upset about it as a lot of Raptor fans. His perimeter defense has been getting worse, and he gets exposed on it. He's never been the best rebounder, and while the offense is good, its really telegraphed. You start with pick and pops from the elbow and get him going etc. The offense doesn't really flow the way I think Nurse likes.

The dude worked hard, made sacrifices for the team, and was a good contributor. I'm fine with changing directions at the 5. I also don't want to spend much money on the spot. Baynes would be fine pickup for me.

Comment

• Bryn Forbes also going to the Bucks per Woj

Comment

• With Serge gone and Marc maybe gone.. we can entice whoever's left in the market that they can get starter's minutes. That worked for Kanter last year. Might work for someone like Baynes this year.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                            I would have liked Serge back for the year, but I guess I'm not as upset about it as a lot of Raptor fans. His perimeter defense has been getting worse, and he gets exposed on it. He's never been the best rebounder, and while the offense is good, its really telegraphed. You start with pick and pops from the elbow and get him going etc. The offense doesn't really flow the way I think Nurse likes.

The dude worked hard, made sacrifices for the team, and was a good contributor. I'm fine with changing directions at the 5. I also don't want to spend much money on the spot. Baynes would be fine pickup for me.
                            Would not mind Baynes either. Or Biyombo. Or dare I say it..Boogie Cousins.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                              I would have liked Serge back for the year, but I guess I'm not as upset about it as a lot of Raptor fans. His perimeter defense has been getting worse, and he gets exposed on it. He's never been the best rebounder, and while the offense is good, its really telegraphed. You start with pick and pops from the elbow and get him going etc. The offense doesn't really flow the way I think Nurse likes.

He was good off the bench, not great as a full time starter. He can give you a good scoring punch and rim protection, but the other aspects of his defense is poor.

Many people are overreacting. I liked Serge, but he won't make or break this team.

Comment

• Donovan Mitchell got a max contract from Utah.

Comment

Working...
                                X