No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embiid is actually a pretty good fit with Siakam, I think. I doubt Philly is ready to cut loose with him now (particularly for a point guard) unless they think they can move Simmons to a more front-court-ish position permanently, or trade him for a big-name forward, and even then... Embiid is still the guy who puts butts in seats in Philly.

Given that Embiid is a productive player who drives both wins and attendance, Philly is going to be extra reluctant to trade him, even for a hometown player.

Comment

• Centers still available

Boban
      Tackle
      Big Smack
      Wood(pf)
      Hassan
      Mark Gasol

Yikes.....

Comment

• Giles took the minimum for the blazers. And has at least Nurkic ahead of him. We could have offered him that and potentially a chance to compete for the starters spot if gasol doesnt come back
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I don't really want Gasol back but he's likely plan B for Bobby and Masai at this point. Don't really want Biz either, been there done that.

Get Baynes or Giles (oops, missed him too) and take a flyer on Boogie Cousins (who brings some sandpaper back that this team currently has zero of). Have the back-up fight for situational minutes with Boucher. One of those first three backing up Marc they could at least try and sell a holding pattern. Now, Baynes, Cousins, Boucher?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            I don't really want Gasol back but he's likely plan B for Bobby and Masai at this point. Don't really want Biz either, been there done that.

Get Baynes or Giles (oops, missed him too) and take a flyer on Boogie Cousins (who brings some sandpaper back that this team currently has zero of). Have the back-up fight for situational minutes with Boucher. One of those first three backing up Marc they could at least try and sell a holding pattern. Now, Baynes, Cousins, Boucher?
            Oops forgot Baynes and Cousins. Interesting thoughts. Boucher ain't staying for 3rd string though
            Last edited by Tmac2darak; Sun Nov 22, 2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• With our medical staff and history of rehabilitating careers (Lowry, Ibaka, Kawhi, among others), Boogie has to be the solution no? Bring back marc to start, see how Boogie does playing against 2nd units, maybe let him finish games if he's killing it.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                Giles took the minimum for the blazers. And has at least Nurkic ahead of him. We could have offered him that and potentially a chance to compete for the starters spot if gasol doesnt come back
                They got Kanter too. Da fuk Giles?

Comment

• LivedThroughBargnani wrote: View Post
                  With our medical staff and history of rehabilitating careers (Lowry, Ibaka, Kawhi, among others), Boogie has to be the solution no? Bring back marc to start, see how Boogie does playing against 2nd units, maybe let him finish games if he's killing it.
                  Yep I like Marc & Boogie on 1 year deals. But I think Marc plays in Europe

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                    Embiid is actually a pretty good fit with Siakam, I think. I doubt Philly is ready to cut loose with him now (particularly for a point guard) unless they think they can move Simmons to a more front-court-ish position permanently, or trade him for a big-name forward, and even then... Embiid is still the guy who puts butts in seats in Philly.

Given that Embiid is a productive player who drives both wins and attendance, Philly is going to be extra reluctant to trade him, even for a hometown player.
                    All good points, but is Philly very likely to get a better return than a Lowry + two firsts for an injury prone player that after 6 years in the league never played more than 64 games on the season, never passed the second round, has had maturity issues and on-court fit issues with their other star? They've just had a big front office (and roster) shakeup, if there was ever a time to do it this is it.

I'd say we go hard at Embiid, get team Cameroon going with Siakam, extract some value from one of our best assets in Lowry, and let him go home with dignity so he can contend in the tail end of his great career. While balancing and rejuvenating our own roster in the process.

It's either that or we let Lowry die a slow death here paying him less and less as he ages and fade into the sunset (or walk away for nothing like Serge), while we hold on to the "cap space for Giannis" mirage.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                      Centers still available

Boban
                      Tackle
                      Big Smack
                      Wood(pf)
                      Hassan
                      Mark Gasol

Yikes.....
                      wood is gone man

Comment

• The thing that surprises me with Serge is the dollar amount he left for. Maybe I’m wrong but you have to think the raps offered him a 1 year deal close to what the Clips offered for 2 years.

That said—Serge was always more likely to leave for term. If he signed with the raps he was gone in a year anyway. It’s like when you broke up with a girl a year before she moved away to school even though you had a good thing. That’s what Serge just did. Said, Why am I even wasting my time if this isn’t going to work out long term?

Comment

• It surprises me that Giles signs for the minimum and we are hearing nothing from the raps. Hopefully Masai has something up his sleeve. They most likely were prepared with plan B’s and plan c’s.

Comment

• We need an enforcer now that Ibaka gone. Whose going to throw hand with opposing big who get chippy now?
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              We need an enforcer now that Ibaka gone. Whose going to throw hand with opposing big who get chippy now?
                              Bismack is a good enforcer. I know his offence isn't good but he's entertaining. We aren't winning it all this year so we might as well get entertained.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Forbes is a 38.8% 3-point shooter (40% on the career), on 6 attempts per game. By that metric (3p%) he's a better shooter than Bog Bogdonavic. Bucks ain't sitting around watching the world go by.
                                Yeah he'll help them blow out a lot of teams by 20 on the way to a 67 win season. Playoffs though... We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X