X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Oh in that case we're fucked.

Let's say they resign Gasol

Gasol-Siakam-OG-FVV-Lowry is supposed to excite Giannis?
    Yep. And don't forget the "connection" Giannis have with Masai when he helped his family at some point. We have a bit of a hard time retaining our own free agents sometimes, but you best believe we're prying the league MVP at his prime from his current team which is improving as we speak and can pay him the most. It's a bulletproof plan.

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Wonder if any outside shot of getting Turner? Powell and TD plus a salary? Could be 2 guys that could fill in if Oladipo bolts and Turner is young enough we could move him if we had to clear cap room even if we had to attach a pick
    Good idea, but Turner is blacklisted. He makes money beyond 2021, so we ain't calling him. How else Giannis gonna come?

Comment

• Things are shaping up for a potential mid season lowry trade though. Depending on how well we are doing, and if its something kyle would want, i can see him being moved to a contender for expirings and an asset or two. And I'd be fine with that, despite my love for lowry and his importance to the team and franchise. Removing Lowrys cap hold for next offseason would really give us some flexibility. Fingers crossed that siakim and OG both take a step forward this season. That would help big time in attracting a FA, especially if Lowry is moved.
      And, please, dont trade Powell for some medicre big thats only fit for 20 min a game and doesnt really make a difference. One of powell or davis may have to be our starting 2 in 21/22, if this all breaks down like i think it will, and the other will have to our scoring punch off the bench. Thats pretty good if kyle gets moved and we are actually capable of landing giannis.
      giannis, pascal, OG, powell/davis, FVV.
      I'd be happy with that, and yes, I would start giannis at C.

Comment

• Any chance the Clips would swap lowry for PG? The fans in LA, at least, dont seem to be happy with PG. Not sure the organization would move him for a potential rental given what they gave up to get him. But if they are still in the market for a point guard...you never know.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
          Things are shaping up for a potential mid season lowry trade though. Depending on how well we are doing, and if its something kyle would want, i can see him being moved to a contender for expirings and an asset or two. And I'd be fine with that, despite my love for lowry and his importance to the team and franchise. Removing Lowrys cap hold for next offseason would really give us some flexibility. Fingers crossed that siakim and OG both take a step forward this season. That would help big time in attracting a FA, especially if Lowry is moved.
          And, please, dont trade Powell for some medicre big thats only fit for 20 min a game and doesnt really make a difference. One of powell or davis may have to be our starting 2 in 21/22, if this all breaks down like i think it will, and the other will have to our scoring punch off the bench. Thats pretty good if kyle gets moved and we are actually capable of landing giannis.
          giannis, pascal, OG, powell/davis, FVV.
          I'd be happy with that, and yes, I would start giannis at C.
          In principle, the best time to move Lowry would have been right after the championship after we knew Kawhi was gone. That was maximum value. However, you're not gonna deny the guy and the team the chance to defend the title, so you let it play for another year, check the progress of the other main guard (FVV), and reassess.

We did that. We secured Fred. We drafted a good PG. Lowry had a great season, and still has lots of value. That said, less value, because he's a year older, and the team's most recent record is second round exit and not championship. The value will only go down from now. He'll get older, the team next year will realistically be another second or first round exit, and we'll also be scrambling trying to find ways to not lose him for nothing on his coming free agency next year, which also depresses value as teams will know they could get him for nothing in FA. All the while dealing with this restriction we imposed on ourselves of saving cap space for Giannis over hell and high water.

So to me, as much as I love Lowry, aggressively pursuing a trade for him for an elite centre (like Embiid, KAT, Gobert) or any other good prospect/picks makes sense. It would help balance the roster, and net the team the most value from Lowry.

Unfortunately, that's very unlikely to happen. What's more likely is we'll keep the Giannis pipe dream alive, not get anyone making too much money past next season, and Lowry;'s value will gradually evaporate, by him get older, further removed from the championship and closer to free agency where he could very well walk for nothing like Serge did. It's one of the costs for the path we chose (cap space for Giannis). I'm skeptical, but let's hope it pans out.

Comment

• Any G-League or unstaffed options. At this point throw Dewan into the fire.

Comment

• Is Amir still around?

Comment

• Lowry is the team's identity. Even as he declines he can be a strong vet bench presence. If he will agree to it.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

So to me, as much as I love Lowry, aggressively pursuing a trade for him for an elite centre (like Embiid, KAT, Gobert) or any other good prospect/picks makes sense. It would help balance the roster, and net the team the most value from Lowry.

I think you are over rating lowry’s trade value. No chance Embid or KAT get moved for lowry.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    Is Amir still around?
                    Amir is going to play in the G-League. Not joking
                    He and 4 other veteran guys are going to be on the new g-league team that has the top prospects who are electing to skip college. They are going to be player/mentors
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Raps offered Serge 12 mil for one year.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• glad Raps didn't overpay for Serge
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If you think Boogie is ever getting back to the player he once was than I think you'll dissappointed
                          Who says he has to?
                          He's a buy low backup centre with upside. If things work out, he could play starter minutes over.....nobody we have now.
                          And a personality to have a chip on his shoulder for a 1 year prove-it contract. It's not like we have a dozen viable options.

Comment

• We going to have to call Greg Monroe if this keeps going.

Comment

Oh in that case we're fucked.

Let's say they resign Gasol

Gasol-Siakam-OG-FVV-Lowry is supposed to excite Giannis?
                              No, because Gasol would be gone again.
                              Giannis-Siakam-OG-FVV-Lowry is supposed to excite Giannis. Or we're not winning jack in the next decade ....

Comment

• With who's left on the C market, I'd rather see the team end up with Baynes or a project piece (Vonleh) than bringing back Gasol. Vonleh is a guy I'd like to see coached up by Nurse. Wouldn't shock me to see a RHJ center situation for part of the season similar to the Rockets with PJ Tucker.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X