No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Everyone exhale now

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Masai is right now:

Pfft, next man up. Where Dewan Hernandez at?!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Say hello to Baynes

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Clearly they didn’t feel that much urgency to sign him (or how much they want to avoid the tax). That was never going to get it done.
            Think it's becoming pretty clear they didn't feel as pressed by the urgency of retaining Ibaka and/or Gasol as this board now does.

The team's core was going to be Fred, OG, Siakam. That's why Fred got the bag and was priority #1. Those are the 3 guys Giannis would join for a long championship window with them all hitting their primes. And yes, that would be a damn good top 4 and absolutely a contender. And everything fitting around that is role players. They're going to be interchangeable. That's been the plan, signing Fred nailed down that plan, they're moving forward.

Would have been nice to have Ibaka or Gasol on a 1 year deal but it is what it is. Never was known if either of those guys would even want a 1 year deal. They're both over 30 and off to current contenders. Not that surprising.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Baynes is a solid pickup. Hopefully he can stay healthy
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The only good thing about the Lakers signing Gasol os they're probably the heavy fav to win it all next year. I wouldn't mind to see them win it all again next year.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  The only good thing about the Lakers signing Gasol os they're probably the heavy fav to win it all next year. I wouldn't mind to see them win it all again next year.
                  as long as the clippers lose and PG and Lenard leave im good

Comment

• The news beat me to it but I was going to suggest this was the way it goes. I kind of see it as similar to when we were looking for a coach after Casey. People threw around "established" names like Bud but what established head coach was going to sign up for likely one year of Kawhi and then a rebuild. Those are totally different strengths. For this, whoever we are signing, they are going to be gone when Masai goes big game fishing next summer. So we would need someone who wants to prove their value for a year, not someone like Gasol. I wish the best to all our old bigs but...Go Nuggets

Comment

• Masai has done it again?
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

as long as the clippers lose and PG and Lenard leave im good
                        That's why i'll be rooting for the Lakers. They should be the fav. They actually have a better team this year than last year.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ha, awesome. Baynes is the type of guy you need and at 7m per. That's why they didn't feel the need to throw the bag at Ibaka or Gasol.

Comment

The only good thing about the Lakers signing Gasol os they're probably the heavy fav to win it all next year. I wouldn't mind to see them win it all again next year.
                            Just to see Gasol on a bus in a parade drinking his ass off again will be something & hopefully Covid will be finished by then.

Comment

That's why i'll be rooting for the Lakers. They should be the fav. They actually have a better team this year than last year.
                              Yup, clear favourites to me.

Comment

Although that damn Kawhi Leonard scares me. He's still the best player in the world imo.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X